Best (and worst) Combiner wars Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MastaBlasta, Dec 13, 2016.

1. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can now pick my least favorite after last night, Devastator,

2. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Best Combiner: UW Bruticus
    Best Voyager: Silverbolt - Makes a great torso.
    Best Deluxe: Air Raid/Groove
    Best Legend: Bombshell

Worst Combiner: Menasor - Just a huge floppy mess.
    Worst Voyager: Motormaster/Optimus Prime - Motormaster is nice as an individual figure, but horrible as a torso.
    Worst Deluxe: Breakdown mold
    Worst Legend: Groove

3. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Favorite is bruticus. Least menasor, altho he does look good with $100 worth of add ons. Victorian comes in a close 2nd for least. The fans obviously can't be trusted to design transformers. Lol. Megatronia looks a little bit better without the red and pastaccio green colors, but I'll pass and save my $$$ for TR wave4.

Devy you kind of just put together and leave be. Not a great toy for playability, but he looks damn cool.

4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Best team- UW Devastator. I mess with mine quite often and haven't had an issue with any pegs or tolerances. Maybe I'm lucky, but it's still as solid as the day I opened it.
    Worst- Either Victorian or Computron. The fan vote one just looks atrocious, and Computron doesn't interest me in the least. Never liked the team, so the CW version was an insta-pass.

Best Leader- G1 Megatron, hands down.
    Worst- the Seekers. Yeah, they look good, but are totally not needed as leader class. Voyagers would have been perfect.

Best Voyager- Onslaught. I just really like his overall design. His bot mode is imposing.
    Worst- retail Scattershot. Pointless.

Best Deluxe- real hard call. There are quite a few I really enjoy, but I'm going to go with Rook. Unique design and a very fun figure.
    Worst- Brawl. That waist joint is unforgivable.

Best Legends- Shockwave. No brainer for me, though Bombshell is a serious contender.
    Worst- Pipes. Nice blue, but just a boring Optimus repaint.

5. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    I just had CW Menasor, Bombshell and Skydive, so this is more based around images and what I've had in hand.

Best Combiner: Devastator or Menasor (Yeah, I like that floppy mess of a figure as he officially is, but wth the PE Add ons...oh man)
    Worst Combiner: Either Defensor or both versions of Computron
    Best figure: Brake-Neck/Wildrider (his colour palette and his Head sculpt are amazing!) And a close second could be Leader Magnus
    Worst figure: Dead End And (this hurts inside) Breakdown cuz he had that annoying crotch piece and those feet that couldn't touch the floor. (I still love him by the way)

(hold the fuck up, didn't you liked Wildrider? Yeah, I did, but Dead End colours were bleh, plus one of the pegs that makes the legs stay in arm mode broke)

And now, to spice things up, Best/worst looking figures
    Best looking figure(s): General Seaclamp and UW Wheeljack
    Worst Looking Figure: Unit-3/Tigatron

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well I personally don't like devi, too big for the rest of the line and I think he could have been a better toy if they hadn't made him so big but does that make him the worst... no probably not. I think that honour has to go to legends groove, he's all leg, his robot mode is largely a mess his chest shield mode is pointless and while his bike mode isn't awful it has the random peg and peg hole on either side WHAT ARE YOU FOR! He is over all just a let down for me, dlx is better clearly but I actually really like rook.

Best now bruticus is really good but UW Computron is just wow, it loops great, is a solid toy and is some of the best use of retooling I have ever seen.

7. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    It's fun to look at this thread now that we're a few more months removed and we have had a ton of new molds to cleanse the palette.
    I have since sold off Defensor with deluxe Groove and Bruty. They were cool but I'm 100% done with those guys.
    I still have a Menasor with Wildrider (the online excluve grey guy) ...but he may be up for sale soon.

I'm finding that the only CW guys that I want as permanent members of my collection are Devastator, Superion and Sky Lynx with the oddball dudes as limbs (Rook, Offroad, Alphonse Braveaux...and I threw on a Mirage because the colors matched).

Unite Warriors Computron might not count here but I'm keeping that one too. ;) 

8. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I see a lot of hate for Breakdown.

I rather like him. Almost love him, he's a perfect update of his G1 figure IMHO, and long time, BIG want in my book. That said, in fairness, it's helped that I got an example with nicely tight joints.

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    UW Devastator is my favorite set from the line. LOVE the individual robot modes. The combined mode is great but the individual robot modes are what shocked me. Huge and fun to pose. Devastator could've used more ratchets and better chest plate connections like clips instead of pegs.

Leader Megatron is a great figure. Ultra Magnus is very close but is surpassed because Minimus Ambus doesn't store that well in alt mode and the hands irritate me. I wish hands with 5mm holes were used instead.

10. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, fun to go back through this one. I've since bought Ultra Magnus, as despite his well documented issues he's a good toy. I like him.

I'm keeping Bruticus, and Superion with Powerglide and Alpha Bravo. They get to stay forever. Will I hold onto Ultra Magnus or Hasbro's Scattershot? Who knows.

My son still loves his Defensor, so as a parent this line was a success.

Looking back though, my only real regret is not buying Victorion. I have a daughter who is way too young for this line but she's starting to play with her brother's old Recue Bots and starting to show real interest in scout sizes guys like Cosmos (who has joined her MLP's and Shopkins...nice to see him included). Victorion might be something I go back and hunt down for her down the line.

I don't regret passing on Computron as many times as I have at all. Can't say why. And I still have no desire to buy Menasor.

11. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

For deluxes Offroad(kinda surprised noones said anything about him), Firefly(same as Offroad), and Blades(neglected to get Alpha Bravo unfortunately) are all tied for my favorite. As for Voyagers I like Hotspot the best, followed by Onslaught. The others are alright. For me the worst is all the Breakdown mold characters, that mold just looks so weird to me, as well as Brawl. God that weird torso gap... Imo the worst torso would have to be either Optimus or Betashot(or whatever his name is).

12. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't get the hate for breakdown. Mine is nice and tight. The hate for Brawl though. Thats completely deserved. That waist is atrocious

• Like Like x 1
  13. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Best Voyager: Battle Core Optimus

Worst Voyager: Scattorshot

Best Deluxe: Ironhide

Worst Deluxe: Sunstreaker

14. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i thought that mold was great for Breakdown, arguably one of the most faithful updates in the line.

I thought it totally sucked for everyone else they tried to make it work for because it is so specifically Breakdown, even reshelled as Wheeljack.