benefit of cassettes starting under Soundwave/Blaster?

Discussion in 'Transformers Trading Card Game (TCG) Discussion' started by Blot, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    As a noob, the Soundwave vs Blaster boxset was fun as is, but I'm not seeing the benefit of their mechanic in a normal game against other characters. My wife and I each only got two of our three tapes out before Soundwave and Blaster were KO'd, so the third tape was lost. It seems to me it would be better if they all started as individual characters out in the open. Is it just the one star bonus for each and the possibility of healing them with restore cassette?

(I have no experience with a game like this, but my wife got some box sets and boosters on clearance, and we're enjoying them as are our kids).

2. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice! Glad you're enjoying them! It's not a benefit for the cassettes starting under the characters, it's a cost, but you can build a deck that makes good use of the characters deploying. There are aggressive orange Blaster lists out there (usually Blaster partnered with Firedrive and then with Steeljaw and Ramhorn) that have been pretty competitive!

• Like Like x 2