Behind the scenes legacy hot shot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by pegasusprime, Oct 16, 2022.

1. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mark Maher on Instagram: "Takara’s legendary Takashi Kunihiro san worked on this awesome Legacy Evolution Armada Hotshot! What a pleasure it was to work with him on this key character from the Armada universe. This toy is so much fun to play with I had to dive in this weekend! . Let’s dive into some delicious Hotshot deets. As you can see from the photo’s featured here, the “axelzooka” (tire axle that evolves into a bazooka canon) is blast effect compatible and its his EVO-Fusion capability. The articulation and swivel on the bazooka mount gives you such versatility to display him however you want. If you get bold, you can actually poke out the tire axle out of the c-clip construction and attach it to the double barreled engine blaster to make the bazooka a handheld weapon. Achievement unlocked!! . When you collect the Legacy Evolution Voyager Armada Starscream character you’ll be able to act out and play out some great battlescenes between the two. The more important thing is to give Hotshot his ultimate energized star saber weapon! . This sports car is just straight mean looking, I love it. Wide bodied frame, stealthy fast, low to ground, and even a sweet gunmetal type color tone for the wheels to burn some serious rubber. I would definitely put this dude into the turbo revving young punk category! . Also to note, the transparent tinted goggles stay clear with perfect placement for his optics to see out of when positioned down, but we were able to solid coat the rest with some sweet gunmetal paint! . Shout out to my guy @archermonster_creative for working so hard on the Armada universe all those years ago! I hope this guy gets you amped my dood!! . The universes are all coming together in the ultimate Legacy Evolution showdown, what characters, what universe, what weapons will you make your team accomplish victory across all the cybertronian realms! . Till next time my bot family! "

• Like Like x 19
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lmao the wing.
    309558636_1151803105456266_1528984043110256391_n.jpg

• Like Like x 29
  3. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    The greatest Armada Hot Shot (which is the best and most iconic representation of Hot Shot) is finally here.

They even figured out a way to handle the axlezooka as a hand weapon!

• Like Like x 5
  4. G1 Grimlock

G1 Grimlock Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Wielding the Star Saber 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Those legs...
    Seems like the knee articulation is hampered, and the lower legs are just oddly folded sections.

The old Generations one is safe on my shelf.

• Like Like x 6
  6. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
  7. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 怪人

News Credits:
    I can't help but like this guy despite the flaws since I'm just chuffed to see the design again.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Rakzo

News Credits:
    Is not. Just like everyone (who is reasonable) suspected, you can move the windshields for better knee articulation as seen in these pictures.

• Like Like x 16
  9. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Looks good for the most part, he will be my Hot Shot on my shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    THIS is the figure we waited two decades for.

No mini-con but frankly I think he's stronger for it. The Axlezooka working with blast effects is perfect, and it even becomes a handheld weapon.

Seriously, they pulled all the stops and it proves third time really is the charm. Hot Shot's never looked this good.

• Like Like x 16
  11. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And what's funny is that I actually think they look better folded to the side cause it's more yellow showing than blue.
    Do still wish they could have gotten the kibble on the arms, or at least paint the faux arm kibble, but that's really the only nitpick.
    311690061_652459973107726_4957380419243496382_n.jpg

• Like Like x 20
  12. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    He looks really good.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The Star Saber looks SO much better with Hot Shot than with Starscream!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    The arms no longer being the giant punching arms they originally were, mostly because they moved the roof to the back of his lower legs for some godforsaken reason kinda kills it for me

It's so close...

• Like Like x 2
  15. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Honestly they do, I agree I wish they where on his arm or painted cause his forearms look kinda plain now but it’s a nitpick.
    I wonder if it was designed for him but for budget reasons got moved to Starscream.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Seeing that you can move his leg kibble so his knees articulate better and you don't have to see all the color pallet-breaking blue is definitely selling me on this Hotshot, especially since unlike Starscream, he still has a Minicon port.
    unknown (3).png

Ehh, it still has the proportions of a knife, it actually should look oversized on a bot like Hotshot which would be accurate as it looks proportional to a normal sword on bigger bots like Megatron. When consistent to scale, you can see the blade is a bit big for Hotshot.
    download.jpg

300px-ArmadaSwoop_MegatronStarSaber.jpg

Still am super curious to see how they tackle updating the minicons, if either in bigger figures or in exclusives, they gotta do them at some point, they are THE essential part of Armada.

• Like Like x 11
  17. Rakzo

News Credits:
    Going to be blatantly honest here:

20221016_205201.jpg

See this? I actually like this. I enjoy the colors and missile launchers that Takara gave this toy but if you think that Evolution Hot Shot is worse than this then I beg you to try to play with Henkei Hot Shot once again. It falls apart very easily if you try to pose or transform him and, unlike the Evolution toy, the kibble gets in the way of everything without any proper way to deal with it and yes, it includes a Minicon but it doesn't even implement it well since you can't use it as a propeller like in the original toy and can't even stand on its own.

(And that's only talking about the Henkei toy since the Universe version is genuinely bad).

• Like Like x 16
  18. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Oh hell yes. This is perfection.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Rakzo

News Credits:
    Also, as I've said before, I'm hoping they release Minicons at Core Class that come with extra weapons that function with their respective bigger partners.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks really good. The Universe version might be a bit better looking visually, but I remember that mold (as Dion, to be fair), and it's kinda shit. Fiddly, vehicle mode doesn't like to hold together (particularly the roof and windshield), no Axelzooka, kinda obnoxious back kibble, and Jolt literally cannot stand on his own.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 3