Beast Wars Wave 2 now available at club store

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by KidDynamite, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    No need to apologize, I'm glad you're getting your stuff in hand so soon. I just don't see the point of having a pre-order system if it doesn't ensure you being at the top of the queue.

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

BAH! They arrived today, but Tarantulas' box is all fucked up. Since I like to save the boxes (STFU, don't wanna hear it), I have to wait until I find one at retail anyway, so I can buy him and 'return' the damaged one. Transmutate's just gonna have to limp around for a while...moreso than usual anyway.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I want that Dinobot bad. Time to hit the same stores after work. :redface:

4. Terrorcon0

Terrorcon0 Transformers Rock Star!!!

News Credits:
    I got mine yesterday from the club and I really like the Dinbot figure myself. The blue highlights are stand out rather kickass. The pictures around the sites do not do him justice. I was noticing that the molds they used were the remolds with the rub signs on them but with no rub sign just the place were they would go. Pretty interesting. I only hope that the Transmetal Rattrap metal does not chip off like my original one did. I guess only time will tell. :rock  :rock  :rock 

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Doesn't Rattrap have the same paint as C-Galvatron for the 'chrome' parts?

6. Terrorcon0

Terrorcon0 Transformers Rock Star!!!

News Credits:
    Not entirley sure what you mean. Rattrap is all the same in every way as the original except for the Maximal symbol and the red eyes in Robot mode. Plus the grey plastic is lighter in color then the original. The chrome is all the same as the original Transmetal version of him.

7. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    You probably came out with the better part of the deal, man. Well, my box came out fine, but the FIGURE INSIDE is messed. The mandibles on one side of his mutant face weren't painted green like they should have been, it looks quite ridiculous. Too soon to tell if this is a widespread problem, but I thought I'd warn everyone.

I posted my thoughts on the whole set in the feedback forum, but since I'm unfamiliar with these molds, they're probably not the most insightful reviews ever.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    $26.75 SURFACE shipping to the UK? And that's WITHOUT bubble wrap?
    Screw that. I'll get them on eBay.

9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine have shipped from Entertainment Earth.

10. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, price for overseas shipping aside, it's still kind of a gamble if you care about the packaging. All they do is wad up a bunch of that brown paper that's kinda like newspaper.
    I live so close that there's not much opporunity for the box to get banged around too much before I get it. When I ordered Decepticharge and Cyb. Galvatron, they arrived fine. But I'm not even sure I'd order from 'em if I lived across the country, let alone overseas, even if it was a reasonable price.

11. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Could some of you who live outside the US assemble a list of possible shipping options and what they'd cost to ship from the US to whereever you happen to live? Every time I mention that there are cheaper shipping options than FP uses, I'm told that I'm mistaken. Yet this keeps coming up, and I really think this is a legitimate complaint.

12. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I shipped the gigantic, heavy freaking Predaking reissue to Twin Twist. From me in Indiana all the way to the UK, USPS Airmail Parcel Post, with some cushioning, and I don't recall even that costing $27 to ship. $27 for Surface mail for deluxes is absurd. For Surface mail it ought to cost about a quarter of that. If Master Collector is indeed paying the shipping cost they charge us, they are getting royally ass-raped by their shipping provider. I have a hard time believing anyone would look at those rates and say to themselves "Yeah, that's reasonable".

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    As an example: a few months ago I won a testshot for Beast machines Geckobot (basic sized TF). The seller charged $5 for shipping. When it arrived, it was in bubblewrap, in a box, and the box was wrapped.
    MC's mailing service is ripping them off; which, in turn, leads to us being ripped off.

14. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep. I have -never- received or sent anything to or from my relatives in Germany, via ground, that cost as much as those BW deluxes apparently cost to ship. With bubblewrap and other things that should be mandatory.

15. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I believe you all, but if I'm going to make an argument with FP and have it stick, I need specific carriers, destinations, and prices. (Oh, and citing the specific items being shipped in those instances would help, too.)

In KidDynamite's example above, I have that he sent Predaking to Twin Twist (i.e. from the US to the UK), using USPS Airmail Parcel Post, and it cost less than $27. That's pretty close. All I would need is the exact shipping cost. Can I get more from the rest of you?

16. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they're using USPS, they've likely chosen the worst possible option, "Economy" Surface Parcel Post -- for anything under 5 lb., they charge a flat $24.25.

From the USPS's International Rate Calculator for a 2-lb. package from the US to the UK:

Global Express Guaranteed® Document Service
    2 - 3 Days $48.50
    Global Express Mail™ (EMS)
    3 - 5 Days $30.30
    Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Large)
    4 - 6 Days $9.50
    Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Small)
    4 - 6 Days $5.25
    Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (Single)
    4 - 6 Days $15.75
    Airmail Letter Post
    4 - 7 Days $14.00
    Airmail Parcel Post
    4 - 10 Days $21.10
    Economy (Surface) Letter Post
    4 - 6 Weeks $6.85
    Economy (Surface) Parcel Post (Rate for pieces 5 pounds or less)
    4 - 6 Weeks $24.25

(Apologies for the layout. I copied and pasted from the website's form and cleaned it up as much as possible.)

Granted, some of these (e.g., flat-rate envelopes) wouldn't work for 3 BW10 figures. BUT, most of the others should. Even the "letter post" options, despite the name, would likely be doable options. Boxes are allowed to be shipped via these methods, but are restricted to 4 lb. or less, and dimensions of L+W+H <= 36 inches. It seems to be a little known shipping method for packages, but it has often been my friend. (I traded toys with someone in the UK several times a few years back.)

17. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    We're often told they use "flat" fee options, although I've been under the impression that meant "one rate, regardless of country" (I confess I have no idea how that would work...)

This is, of course, the kind of thing I've been thinking. That the prices I'm hearing about internation shipping is FAR higher than what folks generally pay elsewhere. The excuses I've gotten from FP simply don't make sense.

18. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wasn't this mentioned in reference to the shipping specifically for the mags, thus explaining the flat international membership fees? Or was there somewhere else that it was mentioned in relation to items being shipped from the club store?

Again you are incorrect. Our excuses make perfect sense. These aren't the droids you're looking for. < /Savage >

19. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    :lol 

20. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Anyone else want to add shipping options and rates for their country? I'd like to have a pretty extensive list to send to FP.