Beast Wars Tarantulas vs Terrorsaur

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jul 11, 2018.

?

You favorite traitorous Beast Wars character?

1. Tarantulas

26 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. Terrorsaur

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    We all know both Tarantulas and Terrorsaur are the most traitorous ones to Megatron. But they killed off Terrorsaur just for more space for Tarantulas.

In your opinion, who is your favorite traitorous one. Just want to see if fans prefer Terrorsaur better then Tarantulas.

2. Darker

Darker The Lord of the Dark

News Credits:
    Hmm, hard one.

I kind of sympathize with Terrorsaur because there was a lot of untapped potential there, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I like Tarantulas far more.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Terrorsaur and Tarantulas had such poor death scenes....

5. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Don't make me choose!

6. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

No contest.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I always liked Terrorsaur more. He was the flunky kind of traitor, moronic but bold; he tried so hard, bless him, but never saw further than his beak. Tarantulas, as a creepier and more competent contrast, was the better traitor by default (and, you know, survived far longer), but alas lacked that inherent goofiness in try-try-try-FAIL, y'know? Both had funny moments, but Terror was just the funnier character.

Plus, well, I do like a pterosaur more than I like an arachnid.

• Like Like x 5
  8. grindcore138

grindcore138 TIME TO DELIVER A PIZZA BALL!

News Credits:
    Oh, Tarantulas without a doubt, in no small part thanks to Alec Willows' brilliant voice acting. His maniacal laugh is the best.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker Renegade

Oh, be still my Spinnerets
    -Tarantulus

i really love this creepy predacon

• Like Like x 1
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Tarantulas. No contest.
    That spider was ten times the traitor Starscream and Terrorsaur were combined.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

This. Tarantulas was just so much better at pretty much everything Terrorsaur even dreamed of.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I'll say Tarantulas because he had a more interesting story than Terrorsaur, and I found him far less annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    tarantulas is one of my top 5 characters of anything. fuckin great character.

terrorsaur was pretty one-note, even if he was fun.

14. hthrun

Ebay:
    I wish the has gone into more detail with his back story, unless I'm just forgetting stuff...

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

It seems more like EVERY Predacon was traitorous, except for Scorponok and Inferno.

That said, I think Terrorsaur was the best. He's the one who reminded me the most of Starscream.

Tarantulus had his own agenda and was also a good character... in fact I feel they could of done more with his character.

So what's the criteria, here, which one was more like Starscream, or which one was actually a more interesting original character? If we're going by the first one Terrorsaur. If the second one then Tarantulus.

I think the main problem with Terrorsaur is that he's basically a clone and nothing about him really stands out as being his own character. That's not a bad thing exactly but when he's surrounded by other traitorous characters who are more original he doesn't stand out as much as Starscream does.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Omega_Optimus

Omega_Optimus Well-Known Member

Both are fantastic! But one of my biggest nitpicks of Beast Wars is them killing off Terrorsaur, he was one of the most aesthetically pleasing to me and was an interesting character!

Especially when they replaced him with one of my least favourites in Quickstrike.

About time we got an updated Terrorsaur figure now if you ask me, as his basic one from back in the day doesn’t hold up too well anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Tarantulas easily. I never disliked Terrorsaur, but he was very much Starscream's character with a different name. I'd be less likely to put him in a new Transformers story when Starscream already fills that void nicely.

By contrast, there's no other Transformer quite like Tarantulas. He is a cackling, OTT mad scientist, but with a greater motivation and planning several steps ahead of everyone else. I'd be down for more of him in future series (I honestly liked his role in the Wreckers saga).

18. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

No, you're 100% correct. They left his backstory very open ended.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. hthrun

Ebay:
    Ok, yeah, that's what I remember. I don't think we ever found out how involved he was with the Vok...

20. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Tarantulas was like a horrible horrible person. Straight up insane, straight up sadistic, straight up perverted. Remember Dinobot saying "the stench of his perversions" gave him away? That basically means all of the weird fucking shit he does with the animals he catches and their rotting corpses is SO BAD that the smell is just all over him and his lair. Fascinating. He created Blacharachnia to essentially be his slave and his sick obsession with her was about as rapey as they could get in Beast Wars without crossing the line. His history with the Tripredacus Council and apparently being a Unicron spawn was unfortunately unexplored but it's an interesting tidbit.

Terrorsaur was just a thug, with Starscream's general personality but nothing stand out or unique. He never had a reason he thought he should lead like Starscream did. Hell, even Starscream gets more depth behind his treachery in Beast Wars with his "GALVATRON WAS A FOOL! I DESERVED TO LEAD!" line in "Possession" than Terrorsaur did. And I really like Terrorsaur and his design. "Power Surge" is one of my favorite S1 Beast Wars episodes. I also like how he was, if I recall, the only Predacon who actually palled around with Waspinator. I guess its the story necessity since they're both fliers, and he never outright said anything to indicate that he particularly liked him. But he was the only one, I'm pretty sure might be wrong, that didn't show deliberate contempt towards Waspinator. Waspinator who really just has some bad fucking luck. I feel like in a different life he coulda been a better guy. He's basically mentally challenged. Not on Inferno's level of scanning damage but he's also not the brightest spark. So I feel like Terrorsaur had the potential of being interesting since he wanted to lead the Predacons but was actually a pretty decent guy to Waspinator, the punching bag verbally and physically of both sides of the war, and that it was wasted to make room in the story.

I understand the decision, but I still missed him in the rest of the series. Objectively though, Tarantulas was the better executed character, so Tarantulas, with no disrespect to Terrorsaur.

• Like Like x 1