Beast Wars Stasis Pods

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Darthbane2007, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I just thought of something.

There appeared to be a whole ring of them around the entire planet.

Inferno
    Tigatron
    Airazor
    Blackarachnia
    Optimus Primal
    Transmutate
    Quickstrike
    Silverbolt

Also, according to the end of the episode aftermath, the damaged hand that struck out of one was a third one that quickly died. So is there any word on what happened to the rest of the Pods?

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    The IDW Beast Wars comics had something about. I think it was The Gathering series.

In it Magmatron and his Predacons set down on prehistoric Earth in the middle of the Beast Wars. Dont know how, but they cant be seen by Megatron and Primal's crew. From what I gather, the Tripredacus Council sent this new Predacon force to take down Megatron.

Anyway, they found stasis pods and Magmatron wanted a bigger army. The Maximal spy puts a viral code on the pods. Some turn out as Maximals, some turn out as Predacons. The spy is busted and rescue by the new Maximals. Then a new conflict starts up. Both new Maximals and Predacons are figures from the toy line that didnt make it in the show.

Dont know if that is consider canon though.

3. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    According to the comics Magmatron and his crew went back "out of phase" with the other Maximals and Predacons on purpose, to make themselves invisible and intangable to them. They also sent out a pulse putting the other pods out of phase, which is why the Maximals thought the pods were "killed". They were actually invisible. Magmatron wasn't supposed to be collecting the pods to make an army, that was his own idea.

It was an officially licensed story. It did however have some contradictions with the other officially licensed story from Botcon (Primeval Dawn and the Wreckers). Both are official, but not necessarely the same universe.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If memory serves, didn't Optimus Primal say something about picking up the remaining stasis pods from space, and presumably those that fell to Earth if any protoforms survived, before heading back to Cybertron at the end of Beast Wars? Since nothing was heard about those pods again I'm assuming that if Primal and crew did collect them up they got infected by Megatron's virus when he took over Cybertron between BW and BM.

5. Jetbolt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I dont think that happen. When the Vok turn the other moon to the planet buster. That sent all the pods crashing. Then Tigatron and Airazor went off to find them.

6. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the Wreckers story it is mentioned that Primal scanned for surviving pods in the Autobot shuttle and found none alive. Ramulus confronted him on Cybertron later about this saying the scanners messed up, there were survivors (HIM!) He resented Primal for abandoning the survivors, but Primal thought they were all dead.

7. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    I just assumed that Primal's plan was to go back and pick up the remaining pods after returning to Cybertron, and using a proper Maximal ship to retrieve them. Of course, Megatron threw a wrench into the mix

8. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Didn't one of the pods hold G1 Grimlock?

9. Jetbolt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I thought G1 Grimlock just went on and later did the Maximal upgrade. Not sure why he would been in a pod. Not that good with alot of the G1 long term information.

10. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Yep.

Apparently Grimlock underwent the Maximal Upgrade (in the same way Ravage became a Predacon) and spends his time traveling around on exploration missions (like the kind that the Axalon was supposed to be starting on when they got drafted into chasing the Darksyde). He gets bored easily though so he spends the travel time in stasis (sort of like taking a nap and saying "wake me when we get somewhere where I can smash stuff...").

His pod just so happened to be on the Axalon when it got dragged into the Beast Wars...at least in the comic continuity.

In "The Gathering" version of things he wakes up, scans a (fictional) kind of giant Dromaeosaur and proceeds to kick Predacon arse.

Assuming that he was also on the Axalon in the TV series version of events (and the Gathering/Ascending version of events isn't in series continuity), then he either went offline when his pod crashed (a very unfitting end for such a legendary Transformer) or he just never woke up and got left on prehistoric Earth (which is almost as bad).

11. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Gives me an idea for a fan fic.

12. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Technically there are no 2 meter long wasps, but Waspinator got his alt mode - so Grimlock can be a giant version of a particular Dinosaur species too. I'd guess if the protoform is larger than the animal it scans, the turn into a giant member of that animal species.

13. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's how I take it. I was watching "The Trigger, Part 2" yesterday, and in bird mode, Airrazor is almost as tall as Primal in beast mode.