Beast Wars: Screentime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Slyest Fox, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Slyest Fox

Slyest Fox Well-Known Member

Definitely separate. One's a clone of the other, but they're undoubtedly separate people with seperate sparks. Of course, people are welcome to add the two totals together if they please

On the other hand, I may have two different totals for Tigatron and Airazor, One with Tigerhawk and one without.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, and even if you just do em separate, people can always take the numbers you have for Tigerhawk & either add em to Tigatron or Airazor for their own thought process.

3. Slyest Fox

Okay, totals are updated through Law of the Jungle. Only the three finale episodes (Before the Storm and Other Voices 1 and 2) remain for Season 1. Things have changed.

(#1.01-#1.23)
    1. Rattrap:198 minutes, 45 seconds (3:18:45) - 21 episodes
    2. Cheetor: 191 minutes, 17 seconds (3:11:17) - 22 episodes
    3. Dinobot: 177 minutes, 58 seconds (2:57:58) - 20 episodes
    4. Optimus Primal: 173 minutes, 44 seconds (2:53:44) - 23 episodes
    5. Rhinox: 169 minutes, 23 seconds (2:49:23) - 22 episodes
    6. Tigatron: 71 minutes, 15 seconds (1:11:15) - 13 episodes
    7. Airazor: 23 minutes, 15 seconds (23:15) - 7 episodes

Dinobot, who has surprisingly been below Rhinox this whole season, now leapfrogs over both Rhinox and Optimus into third place and makes huge gains in his screentime. The reasons are The Low Road and Law of the Jungle, both of which gave him over 13 minutes of screentime - which is very good. Rhinox meanwhile, had an average amount of screentime in Low Road and didn't appear in Law of the Jungle at all. Optimus was also able to pass Rhinox up, thanks to not missing Law of the Jungle although his role was much smaller than Dinobot's in that. The other episode included was Possession, but all the Maximals (with the exceptions of Airazor who's barely in that) had roughly even amounts of screentime there. It's also worth noting that Law of the Jungle is Tigatron's highest screentime of all. He almost made it to 12 minutes and he's never come close to that so far - second highest was The Trigger Part 1 where he was just over 8 minutes.

Rattrap cements his place in the lead even further, even despite missing Law of the Jungle. Like Dinobot, he had lots and lots of screentime in Low Road. Cheetor's gotten closer to him thanks to appearing in Law of the Jungle while Rattrap did not, but Rattrap's still got in the bag. He's in all three episodes remaining in the season, but Cheetor (surprisingly) misses Other Voices, Part 1 altogether, an episode Rattrap's in a lot. Of the Maximals, probably only Optimus will appear more than Rattrap in the three remaining episodes this season, but with him 25 minutes behind Rattrap there's no way he makes that up.

So, I still need to do the timing, but I'm calling it... considering none of the Predacons appear nearly as much as the main Maximals in Season 1... the most appearing character in Season 1 of Beast Wars will almost unquestionably be Rattrap.

Looking at things now, my guess is Optimus passes Dinobot up for third place, but the rest of the ranks stay the same.

4. Slyest Fox

Season one maximals complete

(#1.01-#1.26)
    1. Rattrap:218 minutes, 50 seconds (3:38:45) - 24 episodes
    2. Cheetor: 200 minutes, 35 seconds (3:20:35) - 24 episodes
    3. Optimus Primal: 196 minutes, 02 seconds (3:16:02) - 26 episodes
    4. Dinobot: 182 minutes, 25 seconds (3:02:25) - 23 episodes
    5. Rhinox: 174 minutes, 56 seconds (2:54:56) - 25 episodes
    6. Tigatron: 82 minutes, 40 seconds (1:22:40) - 15 episodes
    7. Airazor: 38 minutes, 23 seconds (38:23) - 10 episodes

I'll do some analysis later. But there you have it. Total screentime for the Maximals in Season 1 of Beast Wars

5. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Cool. I'm currently watching season 1 for the first time.

This should act as a good go-to place for future dispute settling.

Will be interesting to see how the Predacon numbers fair out in comparison.

6. Slyest Fox

My guess is they will have far less screen time. In Seasons 2 and 3 things should balance out more, but I think Season 1 is very Maximal heavy. I'm sure Megatron, Tarantulas and Blackarachnia do fairly well though.

7. Slyest Fox

So, the averages per episode (roughly) for the characters were..

Rattrap: 9 minutes an episodes
    Cheetor: 8.5 minutes an episode
    Dinobot: 8 minutes an episode
    Optimus: 7.5 minutes an episode
    Rhinox: 7 minutes an episode
    Tigatron: 5.5 minutes an episode
    Airazor: 4 minutes an episode

Though Dinobot had 14 minutes less screen time than Optimus, he also appeared in three less episodes. So when Dinobot and Optimus were both in the episode, Dinobot tended to be seen a bit more.

8. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

When you get to Transmutate and Tigerhawk its going to be mercifully short. XD Great job though, I like the ambition of it.

9. Slyest Fox

Yeah, there's a few characters I'm not even sure if I'll bother with in terms of recording their times. They include:

Dinobot Clone of Double Dinobot
    Jak, Una, or any protohumans
    Tripredacus Council

Tigerhawk's big enough that I think I should, especially since that also factors into how much we see Tigatron and Airazor in a manner of speaking. Transmutate, Ravage and Starscream I'll probably do too, with Starscream's times counting both for him on his own and for Waspinator since it still Waspy in a way.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wow who knew Rattrap had the most screen time.....ah time well worth wasting. :D 

11. Slyest Fox

AND SO IT CONTINUES!

Maximals Season 2 Screentime, through Coming of the Fuzors (Part 2) (#2.01-#2.03)

1. Rattrap: 24:54 - 3 episodes
    2. Cheetor: 20:13 - 3 episodes
    3. Dinobot: 17:54 - 3 episodes
    4. Silverbolt: 11:03 - 2 episodes
    5. Rhinox: 10:17 - 3 episodes
    6. Tigatron: 5:45 - 2 episodes
    7. Airazor: 5:24 - 2 episodes
    8. Optimus Primal: 3:48 - 1 episode

Didn't feel like doing Season 1 all over again, so I'll maybe wait until I'm done with the Maximals entirely to do the Predacons. The good news is that because Season 2's so great (and so much shorter) I'm sure I'll bust through this one much quickly. I got the first three episodes done over the course of like two hours, and I'm like a quarter of the way done already.

Obviously this list will shake up quite a bit. Optimus misses Aftermath, Coming of the Fuzors 1, and all but the end of Fuzors 2, so his rank will be going up substantially, whereas Tigatron and Airazor are just about done entirely. Silverbolt's already making his mark, appearing more than Rhinox despite missing Aftermath.

Some things I'll be looking for this season....

1. Will Rattrap defend his title as the most appearing character this season? My guess? Yes. Rattrap having the most screentime in Season 1 caught me off guard, but I actually already did think he had the most screentime in Season 2. The dude appears a lot. Other than Bad Spark, where he doesn't appear, Rattrap pretty much has a substantial role in every other episode this season, and I don't think anyone else can say that. As it is, he had the most screentime in two episodes so far this season (Dinobot had most in Fuzors 1)

2. My guess is Silverbolt is in second place. Like Rattrap he only misses one episode (Aftermath, which he's already missed and still he's ahead of Rhinox) and like Rattrap he has big roles in basically all the other episodes this season - except Other Visits though, which I think will help Rattrap.

3. Can Dinobot end up with anything better than 6th place? It would seem to go without saying that based on the tragic events of this season as it unfolds, Dinobot will end up with more screentime than Tigatron and Airazor, but less screentime than everyone else. But maybe... just maybe! He's in just 2/3 of the season, but he's only going to miss one episode (Tangled Web, which also has low screentime for every Maximal but Rattrap and Silverbolt) until his death. With Optimus so behind in the count after having missed the first two episodes, and with Rhinox and Cheetor not really having any episodes where they have dramatically large roles, it may be possible for Dinobot to pass one or more of those three up considering how big his screentime likely is for both Maximal No More and Code of Hero. We will have to see! It's a longshot, but don't count him out.

12. Slyest Fox

Oh, and current TOTAL screentime.

1. Rattrap:243 minutes, 44 seconds (4:03:44) - 27 episodes
    2. Cheetor: 220 minutes, 48 seconds (3:40:48) - 27 episodes
    3. Dinobot: 200 minutes, 19 seconds (3:20:19) - 26 episodes
    4. Optimus Primal: 199 minutes, 50 seconds (3:19:50) - 27 episodes
    5. Rhinox: 185 minutes, 13 seconds (3:05:13) - 28 episodes
    6. Tigatron: 88 minutes, 25 seconds (1:28:25) - 17 episodes
    7. Airazor: 43 minutes, 47 seconds (43:47) - 12 episodes
    8. Silverbolt: 11 minutes, 3 seconds. (11:03) - 3 episodes

Interesting that despite his 5th place rank, Rhinox has been in the most episodes of all the Maximals.

13. Slyest Fox

Hmm, no comments for Season 2? Anyway, here's the totals through Other Visits (Part 2)

1. Rattrap: 55:17 - 7 episodes
    2. Dinobot: 43:45 - 6 episodes
    3. Silverbolt: 29:35 - 6 episodes
    4. Cheetor: 28:55 - 6 episodes
    5. Optimus Primal: 23:01 - 5 episodes
    6. Rhinox: 21:57 - 6 episodes
    7. Tigatron: 8:42 - 3 episodes
    8. Airazor: 8:22 - 3 episodes

Tigatron and Airazor are locked in for the season at 7th and 8th, to the surprise of no ones. Very small screentime totals, less than some of the big characters get in a single episode.

Rattrap continues to be number one. He alone has been in every episode so far this season (although he will miss the upcoming Bad Spark) and in only Other Visits 1 did he have anything resembling a minor role. With only Dinobot anywhere near him, and with Dinobot missing the final four episodes of the season, Rattrap's once again almost guaranteed first place.

Dinobot is doing very well in second place - he's a had a very strong showing in particular as a result of Maximal No More where he's in almost every minute of ever scene. It's now looking likely that despite dying in just two more episodes, he will probably not fall down to sixth place. Code of Hero is likely to be huge for him screentime wise, and with Rhinox so far down there and without really any starring roles in any remaining episodes, I don't think he'll get there. Silverbolt has a big role in every remaining episode but Code of Hero and will easily pass Dinobot up, and Optimus and Cheetor could go either way (though I tend to think they'll pass Dinobot up as well)

Optimus and Cheetor aren't doing that hot in comparison to last season. Optimus is understandable because he missed the first two and half episodes, but he's had a small role in all the others too except for Other Visits. And Cheetor just doesn't have nearly as much to do in Season 2 as he does Season 1.

14. Slyest Fox

Alright, further completed, through the legendary Code of Hero.

1. Rattrap: 60:13 (1:00:13) - 8 episodes
    2. Dinobot: 57:46 - 8 episodes
    3. Silverbolt: 43:47 - 8 episodes
    4. Cheetor: 38:06 - 8 episodes
    5. Optimus Primal: 33:04 - 7 episodes
    6. Rhinox: 25:36 - 8 episodes

So Dinobot in Season 2 is complete at 57 minutes, 46 seconds. Although he did well in Code of Hero (13 minutes and change) it wasn't quite as well as I was thinking. Still, with just four episodes left, I don't see any possible way Rhinox could pass him up. Rhinox would need to get more screentime in those four episodes than he's gotten all season. Optimus and Cheetor are do-able, they're ahead of Rhinox and almost certainly have more screentime in the remaining episodes (Rhinox misses Agenda 2 and I think just has one scene in Transmutate) but they also have a big gap to close. Rattrap's obviously already ahead of Dinobot, and Silverbolt's 14 minute gap will be closed easily given that he has a starring role in every remaining episode this season.

Current Total screentime for the Maximals

1. Rattrap:279 minutes, 03 seconds (4:39:03) - 32 episodes
    2. Dinobot: 242 minutes, 11 seconds (4:02:11) - 31 episodes - TOTAL SCREENTIME
    3. Cheetor: 238 minutes, 41 seconds (3:58:41) - 32 episodes
    4. Optimus Primal: 229 minutes, 06 seconds (3:49:06) - 33 episodes
    5. Rhinox: 200 minutes, 42 seconds (3:20:42) - 33 episodes
    6. Tigatron: 91 minutes, 22 seconds (1:31:22) - 18 episodes
    7. Airazor: 46 minutes, 45 seconds (46:45) - 13 episodes
    8. Silverbolt: 43 minutes, 47 seconds (43:47) - 8 episodes

Dinobot is complete at 242 minutes and 11 seconds, putting him in second place, though given the entire rest of the series, no doubt Cheetor, Optimus and Rhinox will all pass him up (alright maybe there's a small chance Rhinox doesn't). Despite appearing in five less episodes, Silverbolt's already poised to overtake Airazor probably by the next episode. Though he won't get to Tigatron by season's end, he should definitely pass him up at some point in Season 3. Rattrap's still way out in front, but he definitely goes down in Season 3. It's possible the more Season 3-present Optimus and Cheetor could pass him up, but Rattrap's so far out in front that I doubt it, and while his role gets smaller in Season 3 it's not like we never see him.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Wow, I'm surprised that Cheetor is so far behind in the s2 tallies.

Rattrap has almost 80 minutes on Rhinox though is the more interesting part.

16. Slyest Fox

Yeah, Cheetor really has like not a damn thing to do in Season 2. He gets no spotlight episodes whatsoever. He's got a decent role in the first three (though no better, and actually a little worse, than Dinobot or Rattrap), a cameo in Tangled Web, misses Maximal No More, a pretty small role in Other Visits, Bad Spark, Code of Hero and Transmutate, and not much to do in the Agenda except get punched out by Silverbolt. I'm actually a little surprised he's even in fourth, I thought Optimus would have passed him up. Of course, we're not seeing much of Optimus either. Maximal-wise this season is really all Rattrap, Dinobot and Silverbolt.

17. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

I shall have to check this thread often, very interesting results so far, Any chance you can periodically update the first post for those that wanna just quickly jump in and see the totals?

18. Slyest Fox

In a rush, but wanted to put this up. Season 2 complete!

1. Rattrap: 84:42 (1:24:42) - 12 episodes
    2. Silverbolt: 76:45 (1:16:45) - 12 episodes
    3. Cheetor: 63:23 (1:03:23) - 12 episodes
    4. Optimus Primal: 58:21 - 11 episodes
    5. Dinobot: 57:46 - 8 episodes
    6. Rhinox: 43:18 - 11 episodes

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Shouldn't that be total screentime for Tigatron and Airrazor as well, since we never see them as real bots ever again?

20. Slyest Fox

It may seem silly, but we actually do briefly see them as Tigatron and Airazor in Other Victories before they get all Tigerhawked. Enough that it probably should add to their total. So they're basically done, but not quite.

Analysis time! Here's the Season 2 totals again

1. Rattrap: 84:42 (1:24:42) - 12 episodes
    2. Silverbolt: 76:45 (1:16:45) - 12 episodes
    3. Cheetor: 63:23 (1:03:23) - 12 episodes
    4. Optimus Primal: 58:21 - 11 episodes
    5. Dinobot: 57:46 - 8 episodes
    6. Rhinox: 43:18 - 11 episodes

He did a good showing, but at the end of the day, dying as early as he did prevented Dinobot from having a higher screentime this season than Optimus and Cheetor (although he still beat Rhinox). However, on an episode by episode basis, Dinobot actually averages the highest amount of screentime in a given episode, because he appeared so much in only 8 episodes.

Rattrap wins again, and handily. Silverbolt came a lot closer than I thought he would though, but the bird-dog just had so many episodes with huge starring roles at the end with Bad Spark, Transmutate and the Agendas (particularly the first two) being big for him. Still a good showing in Agenda 3 clinched the win for Rattrap. Cheetor and Optimus sort of made up for lacklustre performances this season with decent showings in the Agenda, but they really just weren't focused on much this season. For instance, Cheetor's highest screentime this season (in Agenda 1 just as a result of all the group scenes) is less than Rattrap's 5th highest episode this season. Rhinox's screentime was even smaller but that's sort of expected of him.

TOTAL EPISODE COUNT

1. Rattrap:303 minutes, 32 seconds (5:03:32) - 36 episodes
    2. Cheetor: 263 minutes, 58 seconds (4:23:58) - 36 episodes
    3. Optimus Primal: 254 minutes, 23 seconds (4:14:23) - 37 episodes
    4. Dinobot: 240 minutes, 11 seconds (4:00:11) - 31 episodes - COMPLETE (Seems like my math was wrong last time)
    5. Rhinox: 218 minutes, 14 seconds (3:38:14) - 36 episodes
    6. Tigatron: 91 minutes, 22 seconds (1:31:22) - 18 episodes
    7. Silverbolt: 76 minutes, 45 seconds (1:16:45) - 12 episodes
    8. Airazor: 46 minutes, 45 seconds (46:45) - 13 episodes

Looking at the totals, Silverbolt is way past Airazor despite having one less episode and is gaining on Tigatron despite having six less episodes. The other 5 look about where you'd expect, since those big five have fallen in that exact order of Rattrap then Cheetor then Optimus then Dinobot then Rhinox two seasons in a row now. One thing that's interesting is how much less each character has appeared than last season even accounting for the season being half as long. For comparison's sake, let's double the Season 2 screentimes to match Season 1's.

1. Rattrap: 218:50 (Season 1) 169:24 (Season 2)
    2. Cheetor: 200:35 (Season 1) 127:32 (Season 2)
    3. Optimus Primal: 196:02 (Season 1) 116:42 (Season 2)
    4. Dinobot: 182:25 (Season 1) 114:22 (Season 2)
    5. Rhinox: 174:56 (Season 1) 86:36 (Season 2)
    6. Tigatron: 82:40 (Season 1) 17:24 (Season 1)
    7. Airazor: 38:23 (Season 1) 16:44 (Season 2)

Now Tigatron and Airazor's smaller screentimes don't even count because of how much less we saw them, and even Dinobot's screentime per episode is better in Season 2 since he appeared in comparatively more episodes. But the rest are way down. I think the reason for it is two-fold: 1) The Maximals don't have the big group scenes they used to. Season 1 is full of episodes with all five Maximals going out into the field all together but now the characters are so established it doesn't appear necessary, and so episodes just focus on a couple Maximals at the time, leaving the rest for mere cameos. and 2) The Predacons became much more prominent in Season 2. With only so much room in any given episode, and with the Predacons becoming a more important part of the story, this obviously leaves a little less room for the Maximals to be exposed.

And now we look ahead to Season 3. Thinking about the season, I just can't imagine Rattrap coming anywhere near Cheetor in total screen time in Season 3, but with Rattrap a whopping 40 minutes ahead of him, does Cheetor have a prayer of passing him for total screentime? My guess? No.

Prediction for Season 3:

1. Optimus
    2. Cheetor
    3. Rattrap
    4. Silverbolt
    5. Rhinox
    6. Depth Charge
    7. Tigerhawk

I decided I'm not including Blackarachnia for the Maximals for Season 3 because it just seems weird counting the final season of someone first. I think she'll be ahead of Rattrap and below Cheetor though.

Prediction for total final screen time totals:

1. Rattrap
    2. Cheetor
    3. Optimus
    4. Rhinox
    5. Dinobot
    6. Silverbolt
    7. Tigatron
    8. Airazor
    9. Depth Charge
    10. Tigerhawk

Including Tigerhawk's totals (I'll give both single and Tigerhawk totals) Tigatron might beat Silverbolt. But probably not.