Heavy/Scratch: Beast Wars Scrapformers

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DJsCustoms, Jan 31, 2014.

1. DJsCustoms

DJsCustoms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Originally, Scrapformers were going to be simple No Backpack/No Bulk Basic-size figures that could fit in Chairs. I was originally going to make an Axalon Playset...And then I realized I didn't have the skills OR materials to do so and I didn't want to ship out a massive ship that would break due to being made of glue. So I was left with Optimus, Rhinox, Megatron, Terrasaur, and Dinobot...
    So I went back and redid them to improve them and make them all more show-accurate. Eventually I liked the results so much that I gave up on the playset idea and just made Scrapformers instead.

Scrapformers are, like the name suggestions, TF Characters made out of various scrap parts I have laying around. They can't transform, so they're meant to be a Basic/Scout sized iteration of a source-accurate character in robot mode.

I completed the whole first season set. All 14 Season 1 Beast Wars characters remade at the basic size class. Complete with their show-used weapons and appearances.

I had set a few rules for myself when making them. And I broke all of those. First was to not have them transform, but both Optimus&Megatron ALMOST are able to transform(you can see the monkey chest still painted on Optimus). Both beast modes looked pretty bad though, so I gave up on it. I also wanted to NOT use any of their originals, but both Airazor&Terrorsaur are working off their original molds. Also wanted to ONLY use Transformers plastics, but Terrorsaur's shoulders are baked durable clay(it worked too well).

First and foremost, I AM doing this as something to sell. I loved doing this, it was the most fun I've had in years with any project. And I would love nothing more than for this to be a worthwhile job.
    I'm already planning on doing Season 2&Season 3 line-ups. Though I haven't decided if that'll include re-doing Rhinox/Waspinator/etc.

So lemme introduce the Scrapformers. And then let me say goodbye to them. And believe me, letting go of that Blackarachnia is PAINFULLY difficult.
    For the next 3 weeks. I'll be listing 4 of these per week, two from each faction, on eBay.

Post eBay auctions in the Transformers on eBay forum. ~TFW2005.COM Staff

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    These are weird and amazing! :D 

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Best of luck man. These are quite cool. :D 

4. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    These are amazing I love them and I love you.

I was about to make a post about how I need that Inferno, but then I noticed that these will be on eBay. I'll be keeping my eyes out!

5. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    have my children

6. DJsCustoms

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Week 1 is frankly the weakest pieces...Plus rattrap.
    Week 2 will be Tigatron, Airazor, Inferno, and Waspinator. Which are actually the last 4 I made and so they'll probably be the best quality aside from Blacharachnia.
    Week 3 will be Black Arachnia, Tarantulas, Dinobot, and Rhinox.
    Optimus and Megatron will sell TOGETHER as a single lot either in Week 3 or Week 4. This is namely because almost all of these work great stand-alone, but Optimus and Megatron really only work best together.

Oh, as a bonus, I forgot to mention: Somehow ALL of these characters ended up completely show-accurate in their height scale. Tigatron is even SLIGHTLY taller than Cheetor despite just being a redo of the Cheetor mold.
    Completely unintentional, but I am proud of that fact.

7. nicholsG1

nicholsG1 Lord of Mini-Bots

blackarachnia has zero g chest parts.

8. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These look fun!

9. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

These are really cool! Tarantulas is by far my favorite of the bunch. You did an awesome job on these

10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nice,Job on them. Please do more!

11. DJsCustoms

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Absolutely! I intend to atleast do Season 1,2, and 3.

Thanks. It's noteworthy that Blackarachnia&Tarantulas use the same gold metallic paint and same metallic yellow underneath to give it the proper shine.
    But Blackarachnia in the show always had a much more dirty look to it, so I used a little paper to smear some of her paint a bit to give it a more "dirty" look.

That's actually because I didn't want to "Cheat" and just make her chest with clay, so I used the shoulder joints from BM Geckobot(which is most of her mold anyways) and just used a little glue+paint to seal them up a bit.
    In hindsight, I should have used that glue+paint trick more on her, since that's how I sealed up Airrazor's ribcage&arms and both turned out pretty well.

12. grimlockprime

grimlockprime Well-Known Member

if i might make a suggestion to help you sell these;you should include action master in their description and title.it'll help boost how many people view these when searching for transfomrers on ebay

13. DJsCustoms

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That sir is a Genius idea and you should feel good for suggesting it.
    I'll add it to their descriptions later today.

14. DJsCustoms

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well unfortunately, I can't edit the title of anything that already has a bid on it. So I won't be able to use the action master tag til next week. xD

Anyways, There are 2 days left til the auctions end. Just thought I'd bump to keep the topic alive.

15. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Those are AWESOME!
    like Actionmasters reborn.

16. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Just bought one of them. Can't wait to get it.

17. DJsCustoms

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah we actually kinda messed up and listed all the week 2 stuff to start this UPCOMING friday instead of last friday. >_>
    So yeah, Tigatron/Airazor/Waspinator/Inferno will be up this friday.

I gotta say two things:
    1. I'm really proud of Scorponok&Terrorsaur going for about 30$ each. That makes me really happy I chose to do this.
    2. I'm kinda surprised Cheetor didn't sell...But I don't blame anyone for it. He's an earlier version of the Tigatron I made AND there are already tons of Cheetors(custom or otherwise).

18. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Whose head does Scorponok use?

19. DJsCustoms

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ~Week 2 has started~
    [EBAYLINK="201037193947"]Waspinator[/EBAYLINK], [EBAYLINK="201037196340"]Inferno[/EBAYLINK], [EBAYLINK="201037198663"]Airazor[/EBAYLINK], and [EBAYLINK="201037201331"]Tigatron[/EBAYLINK] are all listed!
    And cheetor is still up for grabs since no one has bought him yet.

Good luck to all bidders!

Actually I don't mind revealing all the parts used for the figures who have sold already:

~Scorponok~
    Head&Arms come from BW Fuzor Noctorro. Most of the Bee is also made of Noctorro.
    Chest&Legs come from BW Terrorsaur.
    Stinger comes from BW Fuzor Buzzclaw.
    The claws themselves come from BM Buzzsaw.

~Terrorsaur~
    Almost entirely Terrorsaur. The powered-up rifle is actually Terrorsaur's spine.
    Shoulders are a baked clay, should be fairly durable though.
    The small pistol is from BM Obsidian.

~Rattrap~
    The head is BM Buzzsaw, along with the lower arms.
    The upper Arms and Rat head are from BW Snapper.
    The legs would be two of the left robot legs of BW TM2 Sonar. Pelvis too.
    And the gun is a mix between BM Buzzsaw's claw for the handle, and the neck extension gimmick from BW Snapper.

A lot of parts received a pretty heavy sanding to get them to the shape needed, namely Scorponok's head and Rattrap's Rat chest.

Of note: Scorponok's eyes are partially incorrect. His visor is normally gold in the show, they only turn red when he's locking onto someone for a missile or bee shot. I was going to do Gold initially, but it just didn't blend well in my head.

20. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    I just received one of your customs. The figure is amazing.