Beast Wars Reborn Set Released

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I sold my original Primal (which I now regret) but werent you able to put his faceplate up? I hope you can do that with this new Primal.

2. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Nope. He had the mutant head gimmick though.

Ape Optimus Primal's head (sans the mutant parts) is just a regular Optimus-like head, ie, faceplate always up and no mouth.

-airfox

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Uhhh, no. The original Primal (and Universe repaint) didn't have a sculpted mouth, only the full faceplate. And, of course, that mutant face. The closest to what you're talking about with a movable faceplate is in Cybertron/Galaxy Force.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch, eh? We'll see about that next time... :ev: 

4. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Where is everyone ordering this from?

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    mmm..... i must own that set...

*goes to check how much money he has* :p 

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    I preordered mine from Hobby Link Japan.

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Wow! Takara>Hasbro.

8. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

could i get a direct link? i'm not finding it.

9. Foster

News Credits:
    search for convoy.

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
  11. Foster

News Credits:
    found it:
    http://www.hlj.com/product/TAK66914

HLJ has it already and ships directly from Japan, and has a lower price than BBTS for every toy I've seen.

I'll give an example. My last purchase from HLJ was the Reissue Galvatron. The grand total, including shipping, came to $68.12. I just went through the motions of placing an order at BBTS, for the same toy, to the same address, with the cheapest shipping available. The total came to $85.28, $17.16 more expensive than the same toy at HLJ. The only things I order at BBTS are the e-hobby exclusives I can't get through HLJ. The savings on everything else is huge. :thumbs2: 

12. Galvatron 88

Galvatron 88 The Greatest of Cybertron

Cant wait to get mine in the mail!!!!! I preordered from supercow hopefully I will get them in soon!!! Cant Wait!!!!

Also can someone translate the disc for me I would be very thankful if you did!!!!

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    how much did this set cost you from HLJ? shipping included?

according to their conversion scale, toy is 66.42, shipping is 40.02...thats 100.44...thats about 20 dollars more then BBTS....

14. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Well...I hate to admit it, but I'm damned impressed. -_- I was thinking of not blowing any money (any that was non Cybertron) but this may be my key to rebuilding my Beast Wars collection.

RID: Owned it, got rid of it.
    Car Robots: Owned it, got rid of it.
    Beast Machines: Owned it, got rid of it.

A,E,C trilogy: Own it, won't get rid of it.
    Beast Wars: Owned it, sold it, repurchased it all, sold it again (why?!), want to buy it all back. (like an idiot)

What is it about Beast Wars that keeps drawing me back in? This time, I know I'd keep the figures, but what is this draw?

Well, I promised myself I wouldn't buy BWX figures, but looks like I'll have to. 1.) They're cheap, 2.) They're some of the more rare figures. 3.) It's a good start on rebuilding my collection and gives me a brand new figure we never had. 4.) Optimus Primal and Megatron in this new 2-pack look friggin' fantastic.

I just don't know if I want to part with $75.00-150.00 a piece for Black Arachnia (I had her! Idiot!), Scorponok (Had him too! Idiot!). Here's hoping that Takara rereleases all of the show figures at least. I needs me some TransMetal action right away.

15. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I think they are great figures, my only gripe is Primals lips. Even in the cartoon I never liked that.

16. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

BTW,
    what does Big Bad toystore mean when it askes to upgrade to collector's grade?

17. TSFC

TSFC Banned

For $2.00 more you can get a purely mint package. Perfect condition. Without it, you'll most likely receive the same quality package, but for that $2.00, they guarantee you one. Going with what they have at the original price is luck of the draw. You usually get a pristine package, but once in a while, you end up with a slightly less than C-10 pack.

18. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Except, with BBTS you don't run the risk of them running out before they get to your preorder and sending you an e-mail saying "Oops, sorry, we can't fill your order, okthxbye."

I'll let a larger operation go through the trouble of getting a bunch of 'em stateside and then order from them, extra cost or not. IF HLJ pulled the rug out from under me again, I'd have to do so anyway, so I might as well spare myself the aggravation.

19. Foster

News Credits:
    You must be selecting the most expensive shipping option, called EMS. I use SAL, and my packages always arrive in great shape and a timely manner. I My last invoice shows Galvatron at 6,650 Yen and freight at 1,380 Yen, 8,030 Yen total, that I converted to $85.28 at a currency converter website.

The BW set hasn't shipped from HLJ for me yet. I have multiple preorders outstanding, and they wait for them all to come in to ship, unless I direct otherwise. Since Broadcast, my next order, is delayed, I asked them to ship the BWR set now. I can let you know what the shipping cost is when they send the shipping confirmation to me, if you like.

20. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Hey, stupid question to someone that knows: Does the CD play on non-japanese computer systems? Awful question, I know but I know that there are versions of Windows translated into many languages and I was concerned it wouldnt function correctly on an english version.