Beast Wars question of time....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lion, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    In reality, the protohumans seen in Beast Wars aren't really accurate to what we know of such species of hominids. Likely, they are both stylised to fit within story requirements and to suit the relatively limited CGI technology of the time.

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Protohuman#Notes

Hey, last I checked this isn't a religious or political message board. We're talking about the protohumans in Transformers.

In terms of the Transformers universe, humans are sentient animals and evolution is not a theory. That's the whole point of Megatron trying to wipe out the protohumans so they wouldn't develop into the future humans that helped the Autobots defeat the Decepticons.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot *º* Hockey Mom *º*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    As with Dinobot, Velicoraptors had feathers, so he wasn't that accurate either. They just look better without the feathers :p  or in 1996 the idea of them having feathers was new, not popular, or not known.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It would be awesome if real Tyrannosauruses turned out to be purple, though :D 

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot *º* Hockey Mom *º*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well there was Barney :confused2 :

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Yeah, there's no way the Beast Wars took more than about 10 years, absolute MAX. There's just nothing to justify it going on for more than that, through spoken mention of time, season change through the series, or reference through planetary or special development. It was probably one of the shortest struggles in Transformers history.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

We really cant say that theres no DNA to scan.While are tech cant test for DNA in most fossilized dinosaur skeltons we dont know how that Alien tech from 300 years in the future could be far more advansed in DNA scanning.

I still dont see why you would bring it up????There two different universes and events happened differently.What happened and the amount of time it took in Movie universe has absouletly no bearing on the Beast Wars universe and the time it took events to unfold.

Chip in her hair or not she still looked "apeish" to me.

Some believe that thy may have been more colorfull they we ever thought before so purple is possible:thumb 

7. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

We got purple T-rexes, magenta spiders and bright red pterosaurs in BW because there are already too many brown/grey beasts, which would have made for a less colorful show/toyline...at least until the Transmetals showed up.

I like to think that timewise, each season lasted a year or so, taking place in "real time" as it related to when each episode originally aired. This theory doesn't work so well in regards to multi-part episodes, and I think it was Seinfeld or The Simpsons which made the meta-joke that not much happens during the summer months. :D 

Short answer: about three years sounds right

8. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

it depends on what your asking, most are taking it as, 'the beastwars' the show, and giving it the same time as the show.

i take the question as 'the event' so you put into effect, BW season 1-3, the stuff in the comic book, happening durring and after the cartoon, and i also add into the equasion, the stuff from RiD. so i would go with your first prediction. over everyone elses 'couple of years'

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Hey, last I checked I never said anything about religion or politics. I merely stated an opinion, which in hindsight I should've clarified: evolutionary timeline is theory. It just chafes me when people assign specific dates/years to time periods which cannot legitimately be validated. But I realize that's just my personal opinion.

However, carbon dating is consistently inconsistent--it's not 100% reliable, and its accuracy is both questionable and debatable. Furthermore, there's no recorded history to document anything that anyone claims is "millions" of years old.

All it takes is the addition of one little word to clarify: "about," "possibly," or "approximately."

:2c: 

10. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    sorry if we can travel through time to validate everything for you but we make our best assumption with given evidence. Carbon dating is alot more accurate than a "holy book" telling us that people were running around ancient earth living for 1000 years and shooting frogs out of the sky at egyptians. He never said that we have recorded history that spans millions of years he stated we have written evidnence and I'll add pictures and descriptions depicting humans of the past who were shorter and not as strong as we are now. Sorry if some of us choose to believe science that shows us evidence that points to logical conclusions. You should have left it alone after his reply it was two opinions that clashed nothing more. But the typical "enlightened" individual loves to push their opinion on us.

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I love your sig buddy.

12. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    ka'pla

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Iw bIQtqDaq bIlengjaj

14. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Carbon dating is also useless in the context of this discussion for the most part. Carbon-14 doesn't last in sufficient quantities for longer than 60 thousand years and is not involved in the dating of prehistoric fossils. The various forms of uranium (and other) radiometric dating are another story. If your intention is to debate on the methods by which the age of the fossil record, Earth, or the universe are determined, knowledge of the methods applied would be far more helpful to your case.

Of course, I seriously doubt that any such discussion is going to be allowed to continue much longer, certainly not in this thread.

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Okay, this condescending crap needs to stop. Please don't pretend to assume that you know what I think and believe, and don't try to put words in my mouth. I'm not "pushing" my opinion on anyone. It's merely an opinion, pure and simple, just as you have yours.

This is the core of what I posted:

Pure, simple logic (not me) says that no one can state precisely how long any evolutionary period is prior to recorded history. From the fossil record and various testing methods, science can only offer an educated guess at best. And the margin for error is enormous--just to state that there's BILLIONS of years between the time that it's speculated that life began and when homo sapiens finally appeared really does take some giant balls of courage because that number is so mind-bogglingly huge.

The truth is, even with all the amazing scientific advances and new technology available, it's still a guessing game because evolution in anything is difficult to measure due to any number of variables. While a certain type of change could have indeed taken possibly hundreds and thousands of years, there are elements to the equation that are missing or are simply a complete mystery. For example, underground caves have formations that took ages to form, and yet in a controlled environment scientists are able to speed up the process and produce similar formations in a fraction of the time.

However, Nature is not controllable, and thus there's no way to calculate the process of time accurately if we humans weren't there to record it, and even the greatest advances in technology and the most brilliant scientific and mathematical minds can still only offer--at best--an estimate. Evolutionary change could've occurred in a century, or it could've taken thousands of years. Nature adapts to whatever's thrown at it--that's what makes it so interesting to study.

But this is what I get for nitpicking. But I've said my piece and I'm done with this thread. I'm not discussing anything where people have already started in with insults and spiteful sarcasm.

...and especially pointless over an animated cartoon.

16. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And yet you just did.

Your ideas may be right, or maybe wrong, but you posted them in the first place. getting upset because someone was rude to you and going off and stating a bunch of "facts" that everyone else's theories are wrong doesn't grant you any higher moral ground. In fact, the quote above makes you just as spiteful.

You know, I've come to learn on these boards that if you don't like how someone responds to you it's beter to just not respond to them. In fact, if you really didn't like what was said (or how it was said) you can always just report them to a mod. Just click on the little triangle with the ! in it at the bottom left corner of that person's post. :)