Beast Wars question of time....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lion, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    How long did the beast wars last on earth? Thousands of years I would assume...thanks

2. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

Why a thousand? It seem too long, I would say a year or two.

3. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    well, I'm going off of the development of the human race, there were none, then the early ones that dinobot basically taught how to use a weapon, then the ones that cheetor taught classes to....

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    The australopithecenes were there the whole time, it just wasn't until season 2 that anybody thought to go looking for them. They were an isolated species in that one African valley.

The development of tools and speech were rushed by their exposure to the Maximals.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    The Beast Wars never ended. Haven't you ever watched Animal Planet?

Hell, every day in my house is Beast Wars--my wife's cats never stop fighting.

6. jqciaomama

jqciaomama LD Master

Ebay:
    I would have to guess around three or maybe four years... not sure. :confused: 

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yeah I'd say a few years. You definitely see the seasons (fall, spring, summer and winter that is) change, particularly in Season 1...the terrain changes with the weater as well...there was snow, the bean vines grew randomly, etc. And in the first few episodes months were skipped at a time. In the third episode (I think), Optimus mentions it took Rhinox a month to build the communicator Cheetor destroys when trying to get the mega blaster away from Scorponok. So it could be assumed the first season took much more time overall than the second and third seasons, where there were more multi-episode story arcs.

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Definitely years I would say. BUT how many cycles did the (crap I forgot their names) maximal elders was it? The ones who were about to find the Maximals on Earth and they said how many cycles the Axalon had been missing after chasing the rogue Megatron. The Ravage is sent. Because Ravage was season 3 right? So that should give us an idea of how long they were missing, that was how long it was from season 1 to half of 3? Ravage was sent after the Predacons intercepted the signal.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Ravages severed and ravaged head was in season three. Living, functioning Ravage was only in season two.

I'd say about a two years or three. Deffinately not thousands.

10. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'll go along with the rest and say it was just a few years.

11. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    A few years at best. I seriously doubt the idea of the Beast Wars happening for a millennium. Too long.

12. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I think I'm sticking with thousands...maybe..I mean Megatron was frozen, what at least a hundred before he busted out (and that's after he was discovered)...The human evolution alone is what I'm going off of...
    Megatron tried to kill all in that valley because human life would "spring from this valley", then you gonna tell me a year or less later that Cheetor was teaching those 2 young children (and they were about 5 or 6 years old)---and the early humans looked waaaaayyy different from the ones shown later on.

13. Spearhead

Spearhead NEVER!

Megatron...frozen...discovered/busted out... the who the what the whaa?
    Are you still talking about Beast Wars?

The humans looking different i'd just account to changes in the CG models, though i don't remember them beeing THAT different

14. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

I think you're confused with the movie verse. BW follows G1, the original Megatron was on the Ark. Watch Master Blaster and you'll see him not frozen, but in emergency stasis aboard the Ark.

As for human evolution, Inferno mentioned "tribes". These tribes can fit into biological fact. Some tribes could have different traits, etc and the intrusion in the valley caused the tribes to scatter and move into the different parts of the Old World and establish the civilizations we know of.

For time, season 1 was far more spread out, I'd give them a year or two there. Season 2 and 3 were probably over another year together or two. So I'd say probably (3+/-1)

15. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I only mentioned movie megs for the point of time really not meaning much to them...I have to look again, but I think it was mentioned in the prequel novel that the movie cons were searching for megatron for hundreds of years...I'm not getting them mixed up, but shoulda been more clear..

The tribes that scattered in the valley were pretty much "apeish" looking and the little girl that I was talking about with cheetor was clearly closer to what humans are today, I mean she took the chip megatron needed and used it as a hair clip...maybe I'm just way overthinking this...it is just a cartoon...

16. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

And nevermind that ancient human ancestors lived around the same time as modern cheetahs and black widows and stuff. And that fossilized dinosaur skeltons are essentially rocks with no DNA to scan. And that The Ark, and tyransaurs were in North America, proto-humans, cheetahs gorillas and rhinos in Africa and velociraptors and tigers in (non-polar) Asia, but everythng was pretty much within walking distance.

17. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    1) They actually did. Humans have evolved faster than any other animal species on the planet. From Australopithecus to Homo Sapiens only took three million years.

2) Fossilization of intact bones also preserves the marrow, and fragments of DNA have successfully been extracted from dinosaur bones.

3) Yeah, that's just silly.

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    1) Humans aren't animals.
    2) Evolution is a theory.
    3) Beast Wars was a fictional TV show.

19. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

...Oh. :) 

20. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

1. Humans are animals, we are mammals of the species Homo Sapien and regardless of if you want to believe it or not we are genetic cousins of chimps and ape. We did not evolve from them, but we come from the same origin point.

2. Evolution is a fact, the theory comes from the question of where it started, you can traced changes in human evolution just over the few thousand years of recorded history.

3. True, but its interesting to discuss such topics, helps relieve boredom and expands the imagination and logical thinking.