Beast Wars Ongoing Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I haven’t bought dead tree comics since 2008... I’ve kept up with stories online, and eventually started using comixology and went digital, while buying TPB collections of the ones I really love for my bookshelf. My bookshelf is mostly 80’s and 90’s Marvel epic collections, though. :lol 

I quit because the first twelve issues were just boring. They focused so much on work building and just doing nothing.

I love Star Trek. I don’t mind the standing and talking as long as it’s entertaining. I love characterization. But the IDW2 didn’t have a whole lot of that.. the characters all felt flat..

2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Αἰών

News Credits:
    1. The only IDW comics I've bought are the Sonic ones because Ian Flynn actually gives a shit.

2. That second point is just false, look at Marvel and DC for plenty of examples. IDW's sales numbers aren't exactly incredible at the moment either, and no it's not because of the unnamed pandemic of unknown origin, the sales were not great before all that.

3. This is a forum, people gripe. So I guess all criticism doesn't matter because it can't be changed? Interesting stance to take.

4. Stating the obvious is great and really adds to your argument I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Noah's Freshman Album

News Credits:
    Ouch. World building is good, but a years worth is tough.

It'll be interesting to see how BW goes. If they're borrowing from the original there's some characterization and world-building baked in, but you don't want to assume everyone knows the original front and back.

And that's if you follow the original to the letter.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    This is, was, and always will be a shitty rebuttal.

Nobody is a fan of Transformers out of apathy. We're here because we like the brand, and we want to like things about it. People like comics they want to read, and they want to read comics they like. That kind of defense is what you say to, say, someone who's fifty issues into a comic book and has hated it since issue #1, not people who are interested in a new series that's not even out yet. Discussion is discussion because it's people expressing their opinions, and opinions can be things you don't like to hear.

This is, was, and always will be a shitty rebuttal as well.

Again, people are inclined to voice their opinions, and as long as IDW keeps making new series, people are every bit as entitled to express their negative opinions of it as people who voice positive ones when discussion is relevant. For every person who thinks this book is going to rock without reading it, there's someone who's allowed to be skeptical for the same exact reasons.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Αἰών

News Credits:
    This is pin-worthy.

You'd think this kind of stuff would go without saying for a place like this but you never know these days.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love world building... (I’ve been a dungeon master for 30 years) but not at the expense of characters or story. IDW isn’t the only one guilty of this.. comics have been decompressed for the TPB since Ultimate Spider-Man. The difference is that USM was great and IDW, to me, is boring. I loved it before the reboot.

As much as I love some current comics, I really miss how jam packed comics were in the 70’s, 80’s, and most of the 90’s. Give me that Claremont exposition and thought balloons any day. It took more than a few minutes to read a comic book.

I have high hopes for BW... I pray it doesn’t disappoint.

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How is it a shitty rebuttal? If you invest time and money into buying/reading comics and then find you aren't enjoying them, why would you continue to buy and read them? It's illogical and sends the wrong message to the creators. If you don't like the majority of IDW's writing then you probably won't like this book. Expressing negative opinions is fine, but it gets old and tiring when its the exact same people whining about the exact same thing in every thread for an IDW book on this forum.

More power to you if you are skeptical but going to try it with at least a semi open mind, but if you don't enjoy it after a few issues just drop the book and don't hound the threads about how much you dislike it (this statement isn't targeted at you split lip, it's targeted at the people that do this in every thread for every new issue of the IDW comic). It could be good, it could be bad and it could be mediocre. None of us will know how much we enjoy it till we can actually read it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Αἰών

News Credits:
    He literally explains why they were bad rebuttals in the exact post you're quoting.

I and others don't care what you personally get tired of reading, if you can't deal with it either stay out of the threads or start utilizing the ignore function. Maybe I'm tired of reading people whine about what they're tired of reading from other users, now what? That's not an argument and I have a feeling the reason you're tired of reading these things is because you don't have a good rebuttal for them. :lolol 

It's like some people around here just want an echo chamber or something. Sure they'll say "I'm not against negative opinions or anything.." but seem to almost exclusively take issue with anyone being skeptical or critical of x or y.

I'll put this in bold so you don't miss it this time: Being critical, skeptical or even just outright negative isn't against the rules, so stop trying to police what people say.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021 at 10:58 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Balzan

Balzan Member

I am definitely in just wish they'd have asked James Roberts to write it, MTME and LL both had a very Beast Wars /Star Trek /Breakfast Club feel.

10. Rojixus

Rojixus SAY YOU FORGIVE ME!

I, for one, am 100 percent glad Beast Wars is free of James Roberts.

• Like Like x 10
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta agree, Roberts writing got so bad I dropped lost light part way through

• Like Like x 1
  12. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Is there actually tons of fan art, fan theories and fan scripts centered on Nyx and it\'s all on twitter, or is this statement like a marketing thing?

• Like Like x 1
  13. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Roberts did do well with a small cast and otherworldly mysteries, too. I don't know if I'd want him back on an ongoing so soon, but I wouldn't say no to a side story.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm actually pretty excited about this comic. I like the art well enough. I just hope they do it justice and focus on characters. I would really love to see some development on the Predacon's side too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s actually true, she had quite the explosion of popularity after she was announced.

16. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Josh has actually retweeted a fair amount of Nyx-centric fan art, and I get the sense that very well may just be the tip of the iceberg. Believe me, it's out there.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not sure of the people declaring this comic that hasn't hit stands yet to be shit are funnier, or the people staunchly defending it.

I'm approaching it with marked skepticism based on past history with IDW, but I'd love to get something enjoyable covering some old favorite characters. If they can mix in new characters that aren't just annoying spotlight stealers for the sake of it, great. I'm just hoping we can see solid characterization that's somewhere close to what Beast Wars was with a coherent plot that actually accomplishes something.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

Reminds me of the time when the Protectobots had to go fish Ambulon from the morgue despite the fact that Mirage is a combiner limb (which all of them should know), and Defensor didn't suffer any ill effects from having a dead guy as a leg despite it happening to Devastator earlier in the continuity

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was right around the point I just completely lost interest :lol  it just became so nonsensical and sub par compared to the 1st "season" of MTMTE. The 2nd "season" was still decent, but Lost Light was hot garbage

• Like Like x 1
  20. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    For me it was the point where Functionist Universe Rung turned giant, punched the moon, and then died. If memory serves Roberts put forward the indication that any Transformer capable of mass shifting was capable of doing that, which completely breaks the lore.

• Like Like x 1