Beast Wars Ongoing Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ezim93, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So is that bat guy getting a toy or what?

2. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Are they gonna have different names before they reach earth?

Can they just for once make it right and have them change their names to reflect their new modes!?

Also, why does cheets have a robot cheetah already on him before we reach earth!?

3. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    upload_2021-1-11_19-46-17.jpeg

She’s just in the body of the original bat Optimus Primal body, right? Unless you’re asking about a new Kingdom figure. Unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Now it got me curious how they will depict the cybertronian modes of the crew. Would they be based on Dawn of Future's past designs where they are based on Unicron Trilogy toys? Or will they reuse Siege toys somehow. I can see Depthcharge reusing the Siege Prowl mold.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Burnham actually talked about this not too long ago; he was considering it before ultimately deciding not to. There is apparently one character getting another name, though...

https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/1345826492002000904

https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/1345827220066086918

• Like Like x 4
  6. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't been keeping up with this at all, but has a rating for this book been announced yet?

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I like that they're not going to give them pre-Earth names. I mean it's not like if they did it'd be bad, but I like the idea that the story and characters begin once they're on Earth.

8. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    I find it funny that my comic shop was telling me about 3 weeks ago that this 1st issue was $8 which was the reason he wanted to charge $100 for the RI-B cover, I see that the book is only $4 might be looking to moving to a different store as they miss some of my books and I have to go to eBay to get them

9. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

I wonder if we'll see Grimlock show up in this comic? I think it'd be really cool to see the Maximals work side by side with one of their ancestors, especially if he were to go in the Ark with them

• Like Like x 1
  10. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Usually the RI-B covers go for around $25. My LCS usually gets two or three, so whenever I've wanted one I usually don't have a problem. They don't sell online, so only locals have the opportunity to get them. I've been a regular for 30 years so usually when I call ahead they set one aside for me. If your shop is charging $100, they're likely counting on impulsive buyers.

11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I dig the art style. Would love toys in that aesthetic.

12. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Dalmatian Grimlock or I riot

• Like Like x 7
  13. Blackarachnia1996

Blackarachnia1996 The Red Queen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    There is nothing I want LESS than new original characters... that’s what DIDN’T work with The Gathering. I wanting the same original cast with new STORIES that take place between the episodes... man, I swear sometimes IDW just does not understand the TransFormers property. I think this book might already be a wash

• Like Like x 1
  14. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

And I feel completely the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I love the show cast. But when I want to reconnect with that part of BW, I just rewatch the show. The idea of a series set between the episodes feels awful to me. No stakes, no surprises.

I want new characters, new settings, new stories with old characters, you name it. I want to connect with characters old and new with no idea of what's coming or what might be over the next horizon.

I love BW, but I'm tired of looking backwards at it. It's time to carry it forward to something new.

• Like Like x 13
  15. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    This. I love Burcham's art and enjoyed Burnham's work on GB/TF, but I'm hesitant to get excited for this series. I don't want it to be the cartoon with just a couple new characters/stories.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    that may be great for you but they kinda want to get new readers too and get them into beast wars and transformers and create stories where the entire cast doesn’t have invincibility shields around them with fates intertwined to a 25 years old cartoon. Not just people in their 30s and 40s that just wants the same thing over and over and over

also do your homework. Gathering didn’t have new original writer created characters. Everyone in there had a toy from the original toy line or from Japan and was set in what you’re asking, Between episodes.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  17. Dinoprime09

Dinoprime09 Well-Known Member

So it seems to me that there are two primary reactions to this new series 1# Just genuine excitement about how much fans are looking forward to this new transformers series which just so happens to be a new Beast Wars series too which is awesome. 2# This here new character Nyx is proving to be a bit more overanalysed than I anticipated when I first heard of her I was like \"oh that\'s nice\" and that was as far as that thought went, but it seems to me that conclusions are already being jumped to before the beginning  has even begun.  Either way I\'m super stoked for this new series and truly do hope that it provides me with something fresh considering how repetitive transformer stories have felt lately (no offence to anyone who is enjoying them)

18. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 生死有命,富貴在天

News Credits:
    Erik Burnham has stated that Nyx merely shares an animal alt-mode with Onyx Primal (and Convobat). She is an original character concept.

https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/1314812329658327041

For his part, Josh Burcham has joked about getting Kingdom Airazor remoulded into Nyx.

https://twitter.com/jcburcham/status/1341827666316443648

• Like Like x 1
  19. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I'm gonna give the first few issues a go digitally, what have I got to loose other than a few quid? I like the art style, new characters etc etc... sure it's a dramatic change but isn't that what Beast Wars was founded upon? If you want it to stay the same, retell the same stories, hit the same character beats I'd argue you're missing the point. The real test will be is it any good?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Rating?
    I give it a C. For crap.