Beast Wars Ongoing Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ezim93, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
  2. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    I’m starting to really like the idea of Dinobot not immediately defecting to the Maximals. I’d love to see him struggle more with his own morality and Megatron’s leadership and lack of honour while slowly developing respect for the Maximals but we’d probably have to trade off the moment he challenges Primal for leadership of the Maximals to achieve that.
    Some backstory on what life was like on Cybertron for Predacons would also be an interesting touch. I believe @Verno has already penned Dinobot’s pre Beast Wars story so it would take some doing to replace that in my head-canon but if they went down a similar avenue it’d be great just seeing it all illustrated.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Oh, to be given the reigns of a new Beast Wars universe...

• Like Like x 6
  4. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Said it before, but I'll say it again-- really hoping some previously toy-exclusive characters make their way into the cast. Not... all of them like Gathering tried to do, because that's excessive, but a few at least. I'd love to see, for example, the likes of Iguanus, Spittor and Manterror as part of Megatron's group, and Armordillo, Polar Claw and Bonecrusher on Primal's team.

• Like Like x 5
  5. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

This would be awesome. And one of them had better be Wolffang. He was meant to be in he show before budget constraints saw him replaced by the retooled from Cheetor Tigatron. And I love Tigatron. But I want my wolf-former!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Trooper028

Trooper028 Well-Known Member

I'd like Snapper and Retrax.

IIRC there was also Insecticon. He was in the script for Power Surge, but his lines were given to Waspinator.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Verno

News Credits:
    For those interested in some Beast Wars 25th Anniversary reading while we wait for February:

Deicide Logo.png
    AS THE HEAVEN'S RAGE, IT'S ALL OR NOTHING AS THE WAR WITHOUT END... ENDS!
    In the centuries after the Great War and the signing of the Pax Cybertronia, the struggle on Cybertron has turned from a pursuit of peace to one of maintaining it, as the Maximals and Predacons try to coexist on a world still deeply scarred and divided.

For those still clinging to the dream of a united Cybertron, a recent dark discovery has given them renewed hope. The Cybertronian Empire, a Great War-era enemy, long thought defeated, has returned and is headed for Cybertron. Centuries before, an alliance was forged between the Autobots and Decepticons when this foe first emerged. Some now hope that a similar partnership may arise between the Maximals and Predacons as they face off against this mutual enemy once again.

Meanwhile, on a higher plane of existence, a mysterious entity appears. Confused by its new guise and surrounds, it is greeted by the glowing, golden figure of Primus. Questions abound for the entity, but Primus assures it that all will soon become clear. There is much to explain before the imminent return of the Chaos Bringer, Unicron!

Can the inhabitants of Cybertron unite under one banner and survive the impending onslaught? Can Primus hold Unicron at bay long enough to see out a plan first set in motion millennia before? And what role does the mysterious entity have to play in it?

All is revealed in the 4-part miniseries - TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE

• Like Like x 3
  8. Blackarachnia1996

Blackarachnia1996 The Red Queen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I’d rather they not try to connect this to the TV show and just do their own thing with the original cast... and with the inclusion of Nyx (who’s head sculpt and name I’m not crazy about), it seems they’ll be doing just that

• Like Like x 3
  9. Necromaster

News Credits:
    Okay, so based on the recently-released solicit, the Golden disk and time travel are still going to be background elements of this series.

So the cartoon's backstory and setup is still there, but aside from that? I think anything goes, and that's exciting.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blackarachnia1996

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So I’m pretty dense when it comes to collecting comics... how does one get the retailer incentive covers from their local shop? Do you go in before hand and personally ask them to order them for you, or do they get like one copy when they’re shipped out and it’s first-come-first-served?

11. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Really late catching up on this thread, but you do realize “one-dimensional” would just be a line, and it requires two dimensions for “flat art”, right? Besides which, all comics are drawn in two dimensions...

• Like Like x 3
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I'm game for both toy characters finding their way to the comic...but also the comic introducing new characters who can take advantage of existing toys as repaints/retools.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Blackarachnia1996

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Homeboy that is not the point.
    Thank you for bumping and contributing nothing.

14. Necromaster

News Credits:
    Potentially retool Nyx from Airazor and you're off to a good start! Bonus points if the goggles can flip down a la Armada Hot Shot.

15. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

I still think that, since they were doing a female bat Maximal they should have just made her the non-Transmetal 2 form of Sonar.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Verno

News Credits:
    I agree. Beast Wars has a wealth of characters to draw from. Creating new ones when so many of the existing characters are essentially blank slates is a bit of a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

I do think the Beast Era could use more characters in general, though. How many characters are there in the entirety of the Beast Era, 30-40? I'm pretty sure G1 had that many characters by the end of its second year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Every time G1 got rebooted (Unicron Trilogy, animated, prime), they always added original characters, despite G1 having a massive amount to chooose from. I don't see why Beast Wars should be any different.

19. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Ive avoided commenting on this this because I'd rather wait and see if its any good before I pass judgement, I've been burned too many times by being an early adopter with comics.

A lot of people don't like the art style of Josh Burcham, which is their propagative of course. I think it's fine, it is jarring seeing it used on these characters but not unpleasant, Id even go as far as to say its refreshing and pretty stylish... but I thought the 'art style' of the orignal Beast Wars cartoon looked bad, I though the toys looked terrible, I thought the entire concept of organic alt-modes was daft. What changed my mind was good writing, storylines, characters etc etc... what important is the story and the art working well together. Some of my favourite media hasn't instantly grabbed me visually or in concept. So I guess Im more 'concerned' by Erik Burnham being attached as the writer... I've not read anything in his back catalogue, and thats mostly because I've heard very little praise for him or those titles. I'm gonna wait and see.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Nyx could also just as easily be the Optimus Primal bat mold.

But, like you said, thr Airazor mold could he retooled in to that as well.