Beast Wars Neo Unicron Prototype Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Vialli, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  2. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Armada Unicron, despite the full rings and G1 likeness, still screams "Armada" to me in terms of aesthetics. Put Primus next to Unicron and you can tell the design aesthetics don't match. Unicron's rounder spikes and gimmick-laden design doesn't do it for me.

Neo Unicron, on the other hand, looks like it has all the complexity in the world and then some. Intricate detailing and a unique reimagining of Unicron. The best part is the spherical planet mode, complete with the crater marks. I don't care about his size; it's something that small that can still be so detailed that's amazing.

I'm glad we got these pictures. It's about time we saw Neo Unicron's planet mode in its full glory. Too bad it'll never see the light of day. :( 

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I dont mind the armada unicron. I rather like him. Compared to other Armada toys I think his "gimmicks" are not as bad and less then some of the other characters. I always and still do, thought that Unicron stood out from the rest of armada as a unique toy...as for this version of unicron...he's cool. I like him and would not mind another incarnation of unicron in my collection that is a planet....unlike the new upcomming tankicron....which i will still be getting.

4. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

This guy still looks amazing to me. Really wish we'd gotten him.

5. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Edit-- oops, nevermind. Nevermore beat me to it.

6. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Then he sacrificed a mint in box Japanese Overlord to the demon lord Biis and laughed hysterically knowing in his heart that "Cyclone_X" will never get this toy! :D 

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've always thought it was an interesting take on the character. I like the planet mode a lot better than the Armada one, that's for sure. The robot mode isn't nearly as good though.

8. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

My question is, were these images submitted recently for patent? (Sorry if I missed the date somewhere.) Also, how long does the patent office keep images like this online?

Conceivably, Hasbro could still use this later since Unicron is now a tic-tank, and trying to become a planet again.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

I think it would be neat if they were able to release it alternate universe Unicron or something... probably never going to happen though; I've heard there were never any molds made, and the prototype (seen in the pictures) is no longer in Has/Tak's posession.

10. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

Eh, I think the planet mode is too plain and the robot mode too kibble ridden and disproportionate. Head's too small, lower legs to big. Complete ring would have been better, and wings in robot mode. Heck, I think the Cybertron tank Unicron looks far better than that thing. And I had to hug my Armada Unicron just to convince him that there is no chance I would ever trade him for BW Neo Cancel-cron.

I'll keep Armada, thanks.

11. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Last I heard, the prototype's locked away in a safe somewhere deep within the bowels of Takara.

Thing's still ugly, dull, and uninspiring. Long live Armada Unicron. Although, I wouldn't be against the use of this mold in a future line, as long they remolded, and maybe fixed some things with their knowledge of planetformers now.

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    http://www.transformersontheshelf.com/UnicronPage.html

13. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. Guess that's what I get for not reading every single possible thread there is :p 

14. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

I remember reading that unicron history page a while back and was a little miffed that he vanished, though the original G1 is something best left in the dark (but his ring and orbiting moon were so cool!).

I really wouldn't mind if we saw him in the neo G1 line, retooled or otherwise. I mean, it shouldn't be that expensive to make him now. However, I'm just happy I got my armada one, and his little brother the tank will have a happy home too.

btw, anyone got any pics of what unicron looked like in beast wars neo?

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    The toy *does* fit the BWM shellformer asthetic quite well.

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Shelformers...more than meets the eye."

17. ErikB

ErikB TF Master

I have since heard since making my unicron page that there was a sale...but i highly doubt it since it'd be all over the net with info about the sale, how much it sold for, where, to who, when, all that stuff. I'll have to do a bit more digging around in the future. Either way Unicron has had a hell of a history and I'm bummed Neo never saw light of day, glad g-1 didn't (both versions) and I'm happy with the Armada one. Cybertron Unicron is odd, but whatever works, not my style, but it's all good. :rock 

18. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

That prototype screams Primus, except with Unicron horns and less detailing. Obviously a lot of the engineering here went straight into the Primus design, down to the spikes on Primus' halo-like back.

As much as the Neo planet mode kicks ass (or, at least, LOOKS like a damn planet), that hideous mouth-thing ruins it. It looks like someone stuffed clay up their ass, made a reverse mold, and plopped it on there.

I do wish they'd found a nice middle ground between this design, and Armadacron -- but if I had to choose one, Armadacron wins easily.

-XCN-

19. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I think with all the detail of the crater surface, it'd go nicely with Primus as one of it's moons. I rather like it

20. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I think I still prefer Armada's Unicron, but I would love to be able to buy Neocron.

-airfox