Beast Wars Neo [English Subtitled] - Now Available

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by kary, May 10, 2019.

1. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

[​IMG]

We are pleased to announce that Beast Wars Neo is now available.

To download this release click HERE.

What this set includes:

Beast Wars Neo DVD Box Set in MKV format
    • All 35 episodes + 1 trailer in the original Japanese language with 2 optional sets of English subtitles
    • The 1st set is with the original Japanese faction names, honorifics, and translated command code for changing modes
    • 2nd set is for casual fans which replaces the Japanese factions names, honorifics, and command code for changing modes into the Western names. Character names remain the same.

Blue Big Convoy - Transformers EX Manga Side Story in JPG format
    • A two page backstory story bridging the events of Beast Wars Returns and Beast Wars II / Beast Wars Neo. This story is translated in English.

A Complete Reference Guide
    • A PDF Format Guide explaining translations, cultural references and information about the series.

Extras

CD Singles (FLAC format)
    • LOVE FOR EVER - Sung by: M.C.R.
    • Te no Naka no Uchuu - Sung by: Hitomi Yuuki

Videos (Various formats)
    • Beast Wars Neo Commercials
    • Beast Wars Neo Clean Opening and Endings

Books, Magazines and Images (CBR format / JPEG format)
    • Beast Wars Neo DVD Box Set Scans
    • Beast Wars Neo VHS Cassettes Scans
    • Beast Wars Neo CD Single Scans
    • Beast Wars Neo Model Sheets
    • Beast Wars Neo Episode 22 Script Scans
    • Beast Wars Neo Super Encyclopedia
    • Beast Wars Neo Trading cards
    • Beast Wars Neo Manga Scans
    • Beast Wars Neo Mini Comic Scans
    • Beast Wars Neo Secret Illustration Book
    • Beast Wars Neo TV Magazine Profiles

FAQ (Also known as please read first before asking questions) :) 

Question: What do I need to download this?
    Answer: To be able to download these, you will need a BitTorrent client. We recommend either qBittorrent or Deluge. Both BitTorrent clients will do the job with no advertisements or hidden surprises.

Once you install the application, you're ready to download from the torrent. Download and open the .torrent file, add it to your torrent program, and the application will do the rest.

Once your download is complete, you can view this release with VLC or Media Player Classic

Question: Will you release these on DVDs?
    Answer: Sorry, we have no plans to do this.

Question: What are you planning on subtitling next?
    Answer: No idea at the moment, but since there’s lots of untranslated material out there, I’m sure we’ll find something.

Question: Was this series very difficult to translate?
    Answer: Yes and no. If a non-native Japanese were to translate this series on their own, there would probably be something lost or misinterpreted in the translation. Thankfully for our team, we have a wonderful friend and teammate named Taka-chan, who is a native born Japanese and fluent in both languages. She, like all of us, is a huge Transformer fan, and took a lot of time out of her busy schedule over the past year and a half to script and translate each episode. If there’s anyone you should be thanking for this series to have been translated, it’s her. :)  On top of translating, there’s research that was needed to be done, since sometimes there’s references to old TV shows and movies in the series, and this needed to be explained. All of these instances have been recorded in the translator notes.

Question: Why are some of the character’s names different than certain Transformers fan and resource sites as well as from the IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook?
    Answer: There are many Transformers fan sites out there which are great resources, with many fans devoting much time to put the information out there to help others understand / fill in the gaps on many different Transformers series. With respect to everyone, fan sites are not official (and neither are we) on how the character’s names are written. There is also some disagreement with how the IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook was created; and how many fans didn’t agree with the way some of the character’s names were spelled and their bios’ were written, since most of reference material was based from a fan page. For example, Colada is spelled Cohrada in the IDW Sourcebook. This is due to Ben Yee’s writing the character profiles based off an early VHS sub of a few episodes almost 20 years ago. After some discussion and a poll on the Allspark forums, it was decided to correct this by using the spelling which is named from the second of Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar’s (El Cid) swords, the Colada. At the end of the day, it’s how one interprets it based on the katakana characters.

Question: I would like to customize the subtitles for myself; how do I do that?
    Answer: There’s a site called MKVToolNix which hosts various tools to extract the subtitles with. Once to extract the files you can edit them with a subtitling program called Aegisub. We’ve also included the fonts we used in the package so that they appear the same in your customized authored version. Generally speaking, most fan groups like to burn or hard subtitle their files into the video to prevent others from using them. However, we don’t follow this same practice and leave ours as soft subtitles, allowing one to turn them on or off while watching.

Question: I’d like to use your subtitles and translate this show into my native language and publicly release this. Are you OK with me doing this?
    Answer: Absolutely! We kindly ask that you contact us either by PM, or on our Facebook page before doing so, as well as providing us the credit in the subtitles with your release. The more that others can get to watch and enjoy this series in their native language, the better it is for the entire community. :) 

Question: For some reason, it doesn’t look like VLC is using the fonts properly. How can I fix this?
    Answer: You can either copy all the fonts provided in the Extras folder into your fonts folder within C:\Windows\Fonts or right click on each of them included in the package and install them. Unfortunately, since we don’t use either OSX or Linux, we cannot provide any advice on how to install these on those operating systems. However Google can help you with that :) 

Question: Are you getting compensated somehow?
    Answer: No. Just as we did Car Robots, Zone, Legends of the Microns, and Beast Wars II, we do these projects for free and for fans to enjoy, and are not to be sold in any shape or form. This series in particular is considered one of the last holy grail's among fans, and we’re excited to be able to finally share it with everyone. We hope everyone appreciates the hard work and hundreds of hours that went into creating this.

Question: I have something I want to ask that wasn’t covered here.
    Answer: By all means, do ask, and we’ll do the best we can to answer.

• Like Like x 6
  2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Thank you so much! Finally getting to see this after all this time will be a definite treat for myself and all my fellow beast era fans!

• Like Like x 3
  4. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

Awesome!

Just found out about that on my YouTube channel. I will be definitely watch this series once I'm done with Transformers: Car Robots/Transformers:Robots in Disguise. Watching one of its final episodes right now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    I went with the youtube download, as the "nyaaa" torrent link currently leads to a dead page.

Anyone else getting that?

7. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not me, I downloaded it on two different pcs already too LOL

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Got my download last night!

• Like Like x 1
  9. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

OHHH MYYYYYY GODDDDDDDD!!!!

Thank you Karyuudo, you are the best!!!!

All those extras, my mind boggles!!!!

EXACLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I watched the first 2 episodes already.

Are the MKV files any better in terms of resolution than if I were to download the youtube files? Personally, I prefer the look of the hard burned subs on the youtube videos.

I get that a lot of people appreciate the ability to remove the subtitles. And I think it's cool that there are 2 different sub options. But I prefer the font of the youtube version with the dark outline around the white letters and I love the placement of the credit information over top of the original Japanese credits. So if there isn't much difference in video quality, I'd rather download the youtube videos.

11. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Once again, Thank you!

Big Cannon! GO!

• Like Like x 2
  12. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

The fonts are exactly the same on both versions. The YouTube videos will be compressed slightly compared to the originals.

13. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

You're welcome! Enjoy the show!

Side note: I'd love to hear everyone's comments on what they thought of this series once they get through all the episodes. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. greboguru

I've only watched the first 6 so far, but I must say: It amuses me that in this show they don't even bother explaining why the TFs all have beast altmodes -- and Earthly ones at that. They just DO. (shrug) I'm also surprised at how flat-out lame the Cybertron trainees are. They're clueless and have no teamwork and are cowardly, they're terrible! Haha. But I'm sure over the course of the show they'll grow and mature and become great heroes of burning justice.

The subtitles are superlative. I love that you can choose Japanese style ("Destrons," etc) or Western style ("Predacons," etc). And they're very well edited. I have spotted no errors yet.

Karyuudo's extras are worth the download time all on their own. You do amazing work!

• Like Like x 2
  15. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

You're welcome and glad you're enjoying the series so far. As mentioned in the other thread, the backstory from the Blue Big Convoy comic explains that Beast Wars II and Neo come in after the events of Beast Wars Returns (Beast Machines). Thus this explains (in some way) why they have Earth-type animals.

Karyuudo Fansubs 狩人ファンサブ: [Translation] Blue Big Convoy - Transformers Legends Manga - The EX Story

• Like Like x 3
  16. greboguru

True. But that wasn't true back when the show was made -- it was made before Beast Machines existed. Considering it takes place right after BWII, and BWII was (when made and aired) clearly was supposed to be set at the same time as the future the Axalon's crew came from, it's... Well, it doesn't matter.

You guys did a FANTASTIC job on this show. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    @kary thanks again! I finally finished watching the series and it was epic! Pursue The Blendtrons is still one of my favorite episodes EVER from any Transformers show. It was fun to watch and as usual with Japanese TF series, the final battles are superb! THanks for all the extras and info!

• Like Like x 2
  18. greboguru

Gotta say, the Blendtrons were definitely the highlight of the show for me. I never thought that Injector could be genuinely formidable and impressive... But then I met Rartorata, the self-replicating hornet-lionfish ninja with Techspecs of nearly all 10s! Time to tremble in fear...

• Like Like x 3
  19. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

You're very welcome! We're all happy to hear that all our work has helped the fans out there understand this series finally. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  20. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My boy and I just finished it. Gave him the complete collection of toys too. We had a great time watching one ep a day since its released

THANK YOU

• Like Like x 2