Beast Wars Neo Archadis

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by thenatureboywoo, Aug 20, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Hello all, I've got a quick little review for you. It comes in the form of a flying lizard bird, or whatever it is. It is the Destron known as Archadis. I got this little deluxe sized figure for my birthday. It was in the vs. 2-pack with Mach Kick. Anyways, it is a neat little figure. It comes packaged in alt mode.

Alt Mode...
    [​IMG]
    First thing you notice are the beautiful colors on him. After that, getting it to stand in alt mode can be tricky. Just balance him correctly and you will eventually get it, and it will be pretty stabile. He has little duck foot shaped bombs that drop from his wings in alt mode as he flies. His wings are movable, they can tilt up or tilt down to give them a flying motion. His neck has two joints and his mouth can open/close. And his tail is also on a joint ( it will later become his arm ). Also his wings can extend just by depressing the little trigger on the tops of his wings.

As far as the transformation goes, it pretty simple. Pull a few things here and twist here and you have his bot mode.

Bot Mode...
    [​IMG]
    Bot mode is unique. His alt mode lizard head forms his left arm, while his tail forms his right arm. As far as the right arm goes, there is a gimmick. In alt mode his tail hold a gun ( but not very well, mine wasn't too secure). Once you get him in bot mode, rotate the "feathers" around and his gun will rotate into his hand, very cool! His legs are the same alt mode legs but just tuck up the claws and pull down and rotate the bot feet. Then you fold the wings, tilt them to the side, and that reveals his head. Pull out the head and rotate and you got an Archadis in bot mode. Two things with the bot mode are...1. because of the wing folding in front of the torso, his head gets a little hidden. 2. Because of the folding and unfolding of the legs, in bot mode, the upper thighs are hollow.

As a fan of Neo, he is a good piece to have. I recommend him to any other Neo collectors on the fence with him.

One last thing, I was worried when I first opened him that his gold plastic was susceptible to GPS. Since then i did a little research though a question thread and no body came back with any GPS issues.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice review - could we get a turn-a-round in both modes, even a 4-pic turn-a-round?

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I had purchased this one as part of beast machines, and then later got him in the mach kick two pack. the japanese one makes it go from a lackluster figure to a pretty damn good one. the head is way more detailed, and I was shocked to see the gold plastic! it looks so much better than the US one.

4. Cerberus

Cerberus Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    the beast mode is actually a archéoptéryx, which is the ancestor of most of the actual birds