Beast Wars: Mutants

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by SaberPrime, Nov 20, 2014.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Being a Beast Wars fan I've been wanting for years to do a fan fiction using my own cast of characters though I've never really known what that cast should be. I've also been struggling to figure out what the story should be and I've sort of figured that out as well.

Maximals

Onyx Primal: There's already an Optimus Primal, Beast Wars II has Lio Convoy/Leo Prime. Beast Wars Neo had Big Convoy. There was also another Convoy who never actually transformed and we have no idea what his body looks like because it was always covered in a cape. Great Convoy I kind of picture being the same character as Onyx Primal. Though I'm using the name of the black repaint to differentiate him from Optimus without referring to him as the Bat he would actually be based on the original Bat Primal mold. I've also essentially re-purposed Sonar as TM2 Onxy Primal since they're both bats.

Bumblebee: Given that his name already indicates he should have a beast mode it's kind of bothered me that he doesn't. Bumblebee would of course be a recolor/retool of Waspinator. I had originally planned on just re-purposing Buzzsaw as Bumblebee but I've decided against that as I've made him another character. So Bumblebee will be a yellow and black repaint of Waspinator with a G1 Bumblebee head sculpt. He will have a few different upgrades threw out the story. He will use the TM Waspinator mold which will be a gold and blue recolor with Goldbug's head sculpt. Just to clarify even though he is a homage to the original Bumblebee/Goldbug, this guy is not the same character, he's a descendant. His Cybertronian mode was a helicopter so he's always been a flyer unlike the original.

Hound: Basically I'm just re-purposing Wolfang as Hound. Again, his name already implies a beast mode so I've always wanted a version of him as a hound. He would later be upgraded into the Max-B retool and later on BM Quickstrike though I'm still going to call him Hound.

Shatterpoint: Given his name I kind of imagine him to have a larger more powerful beast mode so I'm going with Torca. Part bull, part whale, he's huge and powerful.

Stopgap: Starts off as a repaint of the original Rhinox and then gets upgraded to TM Rhinox

High Beam: This guy actually appears to be a former Autobot upgraded into a Maximal body. The way he looks actually kind of reminds me of Waspinator and with the name I guess I could picture him using the same mold retooled into a fire fly. Though I don't want to have too many characters reusing the same mold. There are a lot of sea creatures that could work but I can't think of any mold that could be retooled into one them. So I think I've decided that he will be a fuzor. Injector's fish half could work as one of those deep sea creatures and the hornet half could be retooled into a fire fly.

Switchblade: His name suggests he should have a beast mode with claws so he would share a mold with Dinobot, later be upgraded in the Cyberbeast retool, and later on be upgraded into the Dinobot 2 mold.

9-K: Basically this is just K-9. They use the same color scheme already anyway. The name is just backwards. So he shares the same mold as Hound.

Predacons

Cryotek: Just like Bat Primal, I want to get some use out of a previously unused Predacon leader. Cryotek would start off in the Megalligator body. Though unlike Onyx Primal I actually do want to use the repaint version rather than the original because it's closer to Cryotek's color scheme. (At least it is to me being color blind they look the same.) Later on in the story Cryoteck would get upgraded into his TM2 body that he shares with Megatron. And finally be upgraded into a body based on RID Megatron/Galvatron. Cryotek was arrested at the end of the Theft of the Golden Disk and this fan fiction will pick up after his escape some years later.

Dirgegun: Who is apparently the same character from Beast Wars II that also appears under Cryotek's command in the Theft of the Gold Disk. This story would take place some time after the events of Beast Wars II. Dirge is still in his Cyberbeast body and returns to Cryotek after hearing that he's escaped from prison. Question regarding this character... kind of important... he did survive Beast Wars II right? I do want this to take place after that's already happened so I don't want to accidentally include a character who's suppose to be dead. And least not without coming up with some explanation for how he came back to life.

Backslash: His coloring is based on Armada Terrorsaur so I think he would start off using the same mold as the original Terrorsaur and then later be upgraded into Armada Terrorsaur.

Buzzbomb: This is why I decided not to re purpose Buzzsaw as Bumblebee. Buzzbomb is obviously based on Beast Wars Buzzsaw. He would also later be upgraded into Beast Machines Buzzsaw.

Cybershark: At this point I ran out of Predacons from the Theft of the Golden Disk so I decided to dive into an unofficial part of the Beast Era and work backwards. I didn't want the Maximals outnumbering the Predacons. Sky-Byte was repainted from Cybershark so I used Cybershark. Officially he's actually suppose to be a Maximal but he's a toy only character so I switched his faction. He would start out as a hammer head shark. Then be upgraded into a Cyber Beast (Hellscream). The organic parts would use the same coloring as the original Cybershark while the tech details would be in his TM2 colors. Then he'd be upgraded into the proper body he shares with Sky-Byte, and finally he'd be be given a Beast Machines upgrade into Hammerstrike.

Spittor: He would start out in his original body and then be upgraded into the body he shares with Slapper.

Stinkbomb: Again, he's actually suppose to be a Maximal but being a toy only character I feel like I can take some liberties with him and make him a Predacon. He did appear in the comics but I'm not going to make this in continuity with the comics though if it makes you feel better you could just assume he's a former Maximal who switched sides.

Nightglider: Yeah basically these guys are more based on the RID Predacons than the BW characters I'm actually using the names of.

And to explain the title. The Beast Wars Mutants being toy only characters I decided to take some liberties as to what exactly the Mutants were. They are not robots in disguise, they do not have Sparks, they are entirely organic beasts that have the capability to morph into other animals. The majority of the story is going to take place on an unknowing alien planet populated by mutants. The four who actually exist in the toy line will have a more prominent role to play in the story than just being shoved into the background but they are still beasts, non-speaking characters. I might also describe some other creatures who don't really exist in the toy line, mainly whenever my main characters need to scan a beast mode. Shatterpoint for example, I'm going to write in as if the mutant he scanned was mid morph at the time. Basically they can only scan the form the animal is currently using but if they catch the animal as it's morphing the scanner will take whatever information was available at that moment creating a Fuzor.

There might also be short cameos from other characters not in my main cast. Such as Galvatron though again, I really need to be filled on the fate of these characters by the end of BWII so that I can properly pick up from where they left off at the end of the series. I'm also going to have a cameo from Waspinator on Prehistoric Earth as the Maximals go to clean up any evidence of the future that could possibly change their past. Basically an explanation for why the Autobots and Decepticons never found any remnants of the Axelon or the Darksyde which both got left on prehistoric Earth. And the remains of the Axelon after it got destroyed were even right next to the Ark so someone should of found technology from the future unless someone came by to clean it up after the Beast Wars ended. That's basically how this story is going to start off. Onyx Primal takes a team of Maximals to Prehistoric Earth to clean up the mess. Waspinator gets taken back to Cybertron. The machine that creates TM2s also gets rebuilt from blue prints found on the Darksyde.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I had some ideas for a few new characters I wanted to add.

Maximals

Grimlock: He will be using the mutant head and based on this color scheme Grimlock (Dinobots) - Transformers Wiki mostly because I like it more that the white Grimlock. Though he will have a Maximal insignia to replace the Autobot one he will be the G1 Character in a new body. I actually just realized I already had Switchblade planned to use this mold but I think I'm going to base him on Bantor instead.

Polar Claw: I'm not exactly sure weather to identify the head mold as the robot head or the mutant head because on TFU they have them swapped depending on which version of the toy you're looking at. According to Survive's page, the head his animation model is based on is the mutant head but according to Polar Claw's page that's the robot head. So I'm just going to say that Polar Claw's robot head is based on the red one because the other one is the one used for Survive's robot head.

Wolfang: I was planning a new character based on Rhinox but then I remembered I already have Stopgap based on that mold in my original line up. His robot head would be based on the toy's mutant head. So to fill this slot I realized the Wolfang mold actually has three different heads... sort of... K-9 and Wolfang have a different mold for their mutant heads. So K-9's head would be based on his mutant head, Wolfang's robot head would be based on his mutant head, and Hound's robot head would be based on the shared robot head without any mask on. Also because I originally planned Hound to just use Wolfang's colors I'm now making a change to that. Hound would be a light brown in beast mode and have his usual military green in robot mode. Wolfang would later be upgraded into a Silverbolt retool. The bird details would be replaced with mechanical details and the robot head would be remolded to look like Wolfang.

T-Wrecks: Obvious what color scheme I'm going with and the mutant head. He would later be upgraded into the Cybertron Megatron mold.

Predacons

Howlback: I will be using the color scheme of the Tripredacus Agent but not the name. It is suppose to be Ravage but in robot mode I don't really see that as Ravage. He only really looks like that in beast mode. Anyway this will be a new character, separate from Ravage again using the Mutant head design. He will be later be upgraded to the TM2 and Night Slash Cheetor design as well.

Double Punch: Obvious what color scheme I'm going to use and he will have the mutant head.

Apeface: Using the Universe Optimus Primal color scheme and the mutant head. I'm not going to call him Optimus Primal, he's going to be a new character with the same body type. He will later be upgraded into the Cybertron Optimus Primal mold and later BM Optimus Primal. Unlike Optimus Primal himself Apeface will actually resemble the Deluxe toy design.

Spasma: The idea behind using the Apache/B'Boom mold is that he does technically have a second robot head... just no where useful... It's in his weapon mode and I happen to like the design better than his actual robot head. Just picture that where his robot head should be and that's basically what this character would look like. The original head and third mode wouldn't exist at all on the new character. Since Apeface is basically just a repurposed Universe Optimus Primal with a mutant head I'm thinking Spasma would have more traditional Apeface colors as they are partners. Though they take their names from the original Headmaster pair these guys are new characters. They are brothers rather than one being the other's head. Spasma will later be upgraded to Optimus Minor's design.

The whole point of this is to have new characters using the alternate heads that haven't already been in the cartoons... Except for Spasma as I just wanted to redesign Apache/B'Boom to have that second head somewhere that was actually useful instead of randomly sticking it on a weird weapon mode.

I also wanted to make sure the Fuzors were a part of this so along with the ones I've already mentioned I'm adding Air Hammer and Noctorro to the Maximal ranks. Buzzclaw and Terragator will be added to the Predacon ranks. I don't want to overload this with too many characters or I would of added more Fuzors. I tried to leave out molds of characters who already appear in the cartoons unless I'm planning on them being repainted and/or remolded into new characters. High Beam being a Lantern Fish/Fire Fly I don't mind keeping but Shatterpoint I've decided not to use the Torca mold for this very reason. Instead of Shatterpoint being a large character I've decided to reinterpret his name to mean speed, in other words capable of flying fast enough to create a sonic boom that would shatter glass... or in his upgraded form fast enough to travel between universes... specifically he can visit the Shatter Glass universe. Shatterpoint will be based on the Airrazor molds. The upgraded version would share a color scheme with Armada Airazor but would lack the Mini-con ports and have a more masculine chest plate. This is also kind of an excuse for me to use the TM mold cause I like it. Anyway... even though Shatterpoint was originally a car on Cybertron, unlike other ground based Transformers that took flying modes this guy actually isn't afraid of heights but having never flown before he doesn't actually ever reach his top speeds. At least not right away.

And thank you SeanTF1967 for finding this thread for me after it mysteriously went missing.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I just had one more that I can't believe I forgot about when I was researching the mutant heads. The Tigerhawk toy has a bird mask for the beast mode that was never used on his animation model. I think I would like to repurposed the Razorclaw repaint to always have that mask on. Rather than being the same character as G1 Razorclaw as I believe he was originally meant to be even though they look nothing alike he would instead be Shatterpoint and Howlback fuzed together. Not really Maximal or Predacon but rather the leader of a third group that would be formed by all of the other Fuzors leaving their respective teams.

Also I'm thinking about combining this idea with my other fan fiction which wasn't my original intention for this otherwise I would of just posted these profiles in that thread. But now I'm considering making this a part of my other fan fiction so I'm going to leave a link to this there.