Beast Wars Masterpiece Blackarachnia MP46

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    That's exactly how it is for me. I have eventual managed to get her to stay on but can't shake the web, just did she fell right off...back to square one! My personal feeling is (unless you can tell me how to make it work first time every time) if I have to invest hours into carefully transforming her just right so I can make sure that anchor sits securely enough on those tabs (no idea how you get that to happen) so I can carefully clip it to the irritating little clip that connects in a place that seems designed to loosen the connection with BA herself, so that on the 100th attempt I can actually pose the figure (in it's weaker mode) without fear of it falling off... it's just not worth the effort to me and I call it poor design. Why doesn't the stand connect to the actual figure? frankly it ridiculous.

My plan is to put her through her paces in this mode and never return to it. Anyway, I'm done moaning about the short fallings of this figure (it will all be in my longwinded boring review...coming soon!). I'm looking forward to getting back to where it really shines...robot mode.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Dang, sucks it isn't working out for you. Like I said, I had that problem too, I couldn't get the anchor to hold on properly. But I'm not having that problem anymore. Not sure what has changed exactly, but when I push it on it very securely attaches. Make sure the arms are connected together, held in place with the armpit tabs, pushed against the bottom of the belly. Take the anchor and make sure it is pointing to the back so the long part is pointing to the front. Place it where it needs to go flatly, and then press with both thumbs evenly. That's what I do.

Once you get it, I'm sure it'll stick with you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    Seriously mate, I appreciate all the advice but I've done all of that and abject failure, which i completely blame on poor design. She's back in robot mode and in that mode she shall stay. Verdict on Beast Mode... worst one yet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

No worries. That's understandable. If there is a way I can help you get the most out of your figure that you paid for, I'm gonna do it. I want you to enjoy it! But I do recognize it is fiddly and it took me a few attempts to be able to get it cleanly. It's not going to have a happy ending with everyone.

Sorry you aren't enjoying it as much as you'd like dude. Hopefully robot mode satisifies you enough, and the next one fits your needs better!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Digger

Digger Cracker-Man

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Fun fact.

6. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Are the spider legs loose on most people’s copies?

Can’t decide whether to put some Future floor polish on mine, or to have them loose rather than risk breaking them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I can make mine stand using the underbelly robot crotch piece as support and it looks like it's standing off the belly, but otherwise I can't make it stand on just the legs with the leg-holder piece in the right position. So loose enough.

Doesn't bother me though, as she looks better on the web than standing horizontal anyway.

8. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    So they arrived and I opened up to inspect. Thankfully I did as look at that predacon tampo! What happened there?
    Anyways I’m moving home at the moment so all my figures are packaged away and these will follow suit. Won’t get a chance to mess around properly or take pics but it’s something I can look forward to. She feels and looks great. Just that ugly mistake over the chest. I do have two. One for each mode. Checked the other and the predacon symbol is dead centre so that one will be for bot mode and the one with the issue can stay in beast mode. I can’t wait to set up my shelves again :D 
    FE9C8B72-E2BD-48A4-963B-315A324128C7.jpeg 7340DCA2-5774-4CFD-9E34-32709D507796.jpeg

9. deadso

deadso Well-Known Member

You can stand the Beast Mode on the Legs if you rotate the black piece they are connected to (upper arms in bot mode) more outward/downward and lean the legs into it. It breaks the mold a bit, but not by allot.

As some have mentioned; I cannot get the gun part to stick underneath the Beat Mode (only on one tab), so it's still a no go on the web attachment for now (straight out of the box). Haven't Transformed, uhm, Terrorised her yet and back to see if I can make it fit better.

10. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    Wrote a review.

MP-46 Blackwidow (Blackarachnia) Beast Wars

TL;DR Not my favourite BWMP... probably my least. Still love the robot mode and how it displays, don't like the beast mode, the transformation or the (lack of) value for money.

Now I'm going go have a bit if a sob about the sorry state of my country.

• Like Like x 3
  11. deadso

deadso Well-Known Member

Gotta say, I don't like BW "toys" in general, I never like the Beast Modes (to much panels, realism is lost with exposed bot parts). To me this is the best BW just becuase I just love the bot mode so much. *Oh dark poison of my heart*

(Edit: and It's the only one BW MP I bought, collecting solely G1S1 MP's with some exeptions.)

12. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

She’s a fiddly one. I really like the spider mode, although I can’t get it right either and I’ve scratched and loosened joints and tabs to no end trying to change it.

[​IMG]

The arms forming the bottom carapace could almost fold up in multiple ways. I actually prefer the codpiece folding back in and locking the longer claw in place and the shorter claw wrapping around the knees and locking the legs in place. That tab locking the head is pretty annoying. I think the plates on the back of the neck add support to prevent the tab folding in on it self. I just don’t tab that bit in...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I reckon you can flick the green elbows to the back and make the arms look more like the carapace...
    [​IMG]

Would really love to see a shot of the spider mode underneath first time out of the box coz I can’t actually remember how it was originally. Someone able to grab a pick before they change it for the first time?

oh yeah and the cannon can no longer hold the weight of the spider and the string cane off the hook...

• Like Like x 1
  13. deadso

deadso Well-Known Member

I'll try and get a shot in, basicly the 2 tabs are to far apart/scewed and I don't want to presure it in (I tried with restraint) and dmg paint elsewhere without knowing the transformation. (will take a while, 1am a.t.m. over here)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  14. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I'm so, so sorry dude.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think maybe you're trying to fit that tab under her thorax between the arms, and unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm pretty sure that doesn't work. Just lay the arms over that tab.

16. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Bro, it’s not meant to be a Predacon logo. It’s the same black widow, hourglass symbol that’s on her back.
    [​IMG]
    The Pred insignia is only on her collar.

17. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Look at her chest.

18. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Yep- massive pair of mellons with spider legs on- just how I like em. What am I missing?

19. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    :rolleyes: The crooked predacon logo...

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's boobs. Can't expect a man to focus now, can we?

• Like Like x 1