Beast Wars Masterpiece Blackarachnia MP46

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Feb 9, 2019.

1. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    But they say it's not a convincing spider tho

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

I mean, they say that cockroaches don’t make convincing rats, once they fly people will run away from it as if it was Jason Vorehees.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Shipping notice from RK. Excellent.

Unexpected little bonus diecast pin thing. Cool.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I have to reluctantly agree.

Not that I don't find the figure incredible, but she's small, doesn't have a buttload of accessories to offset that fact, and while she has an incredible paintjob, sculpt and articulation, that doesn't really add up.

It feel bad because it's not like I think the figure could do anything more to justify that price. It's not a fault of the toy, it's just not what the price should be. Even if it were $120 CAD I'd feel like it was closer, but I don't see why she's so much more expensive than Cheetor.

But still, amazing figure. Not disappointed in the toy itself at all, and as apologetic as it sounds I won't care about what she cost a few years from now, yet there's no denying these price hikes are pushing it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    We were actually talking about the robot mode but yeah, I believe that would be the proper slot for spider mode :) 

Yeah, she had some other issues too. Also, Amazon doesn't send parts so I would have to go through TT directly and they require you to send the broken part in and can take months to send a replacement :confused: 

6. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

Had time today to make another attempt at spider mode, I think this is the best I am going to do. Did all the tabbing per helpful videos and comments here and positioned the black spider leg joints close to the body. I don’t feel like the arms are exactly at the right angle underneath the body, but this is probably good enough.

Really like that she actually sits on the spider legs (plus the two small black tabs in the back), very cool. Quickly becoming my favorite BW MP to fiddle with. Favorite transformation still goes to Dinobot but this little gal is pure fun and looks terrific.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  7. ...Optimus...

...Optimus... Well-Known Member

Received today and transformed one time each direction. You guys weren’t kidding - getting her back to spider mode is a very finicky process. On my model I must have accidentally popped the spider legs off about 50 times already. Definitely would not have figured out the subtle tabbing without the help videos. It’s not the type of transformation you just do for fun from time to time, it’s more of a labor of love.

Bot mode looks fantastic.

• Like Like x 4
  8. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Yeah the first few times definitely aren't very fun. I promise you that it gets a lot easier and less finicky once you get used to it and her joints loosen up a bit.

After 1 week I'm at the point where I'm actually really enjoying changing her back and forth between modes. I've also gotten considerably faster at it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

This is exactly right.

I went from hating this figure to liking it ....I find that all the videos and photos and posts helped tremendously. So thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Blackarachnia1996

Blackarachnia1996 Goddess of Chaos

Anybody want to try this? I don’t own Blowpipe...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 When the Curtain Falls

I signed up for DHL delivery notifications, and made sure to select to get a text when this gal went out for delivery. I got a message that it was delivered around 4pm today, but no prior notification. Plus, the DHL website says it was “left in letter box.” How big was the Amazon JP shipping box? I don’t think it would fit in my mailbox. I’m out of town and I’m not going to be home until around 5pm tomorrow, and it’s supposed to rain all day. Hopefully they didn’t forcibly jam it in there, or even worse, just left it sitting on top of the “rural community mailbox row” that we have going on where I live. Sucks that the driver couldn’t take it the remaining 400 ft to my porch. Also sucks that they didn’t bring Bee too, since it was in the same distribution hub. I guess they don’t care that they’ll be marking another 1hr trip again tomorrow or Monday (better be tomorrow...).

DHL is a joke. I guess I’m getting what I paid for, cheap shipping.

12. Adee

Adee Member

As a fellow Canadian I'm in the same boat even though I think it's a great figure. The exchange rate and customs makes it so much more expensive. I think some Americans were saying they got it for like 107 earlier in the thread. That'd feel like a steal to me.

I like to think of it as I paid 140 plus tax when I look at the price. Same difference just sounds better to me

• Like Like x 1
  13. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Not very good at being catty.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dont have the machine gun parts but the ones that came with skywarp fit DSCN4859.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  14. Digger

Digger Sharing peace, love and MP Cliff ≠ retool

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Haha! That’s great. @Tony_Bacala you should keep this in mind for your future gallery if you’ve got enough siege parts around.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blackarachnia1996

Blackarachnia1996 Goddess of Chaos

I think the Skywarp ones are more screen accurate...

16. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    She's outstanding! The initial breaking in of her joints is pretty tense but well worth the effort. Excuse the mess...
    20191130_035209.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  17. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's a real bummer to hear. DHL has been absolutely amazing to work with where I'm at. I have yet to have an issue with their delivery service.
    I always do a signature release with instructions to knock on the door. If no one is here, to please leave the box near the mailbox on the porch.
    On the few times they had to leave it, they actually hid the package out of direct site, or if the box was smaller, they put it between the screen door and the front door. When I have been here for the delivery, they knock and actually wait. FedEx and UPS never wait. They knock and instantly leave a "missed you" note. USPS just chucks the boxes on the porch and runs.
    As far as I am concerned, DHL is the best delivery company I have ever dealt with.
    I really hope this was an isolated incident for you.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Got mine today – that was faster than I expected.

And speaking about things I didn't expect: This figure being so amazing is one of them. She’s perfect IMO. There’s no need to discuss the beast mode, it’s a spider egg. I was one of the first to make jokes about it and I will not defend it, it is suboptimal at best.

But the robot mode you get out of it? It’s unbelievably good looking, much more so in-hand than on any pictures I've seen. If Tamashii Nations or Medicon would make a non-transforming Figuart / MAFEX release based on Blackarachnia they still wouldn’t be able to beat this. Not even in the articulation department. Okay, maybe with a ball-joint in the torso :p 

Transformation is super simple but also thankfully not scary at all due to this. Everything moved like it was supposed to, it all pegs in at the end and with the chest and backpack properly aligned there’s no gaps anywhere in the torso.

I’m very happy with this one, this is the first BW MP after Optimus Primal himself which I generally enjoyed all around. And even the spider ball mode has its merits – the tiny painted fangs are so cool.

Thumbs up Takara, this lady is a winner :thumb 

3.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  19. Render

Render I’m all kinds of nerd.

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Finally got her! I absolutely adore both modes and just had to do a couple glamour shots this morning! Her ankles were SCARY tight out of the box, but other than that, everything turned out perfect!

64516B01-B619-4E42-80BA-DB0B5E8E2C20.jpeg 56B84E5B-8EBC-47B7-9BC2-F8BDAB386ABA.jpeg CE0E533D-BED3-4DD3-AD9B-5A522563FFA8.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  20. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

C0518B0F-5E42-43E3-9699-8989FCBD26F9.jpeg Tried to prank the wife and kids with no luck. Only the two year old was afraid of it. My older kids called it “Carlo.” :wtf: 

• Like Like x 13