Beast Wars Masterpiece Blackarachnia MP46

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Feb 9, 2019.

1. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    atleast 2 (3 if you count her already attached face), the visor thing is a separate piece

edit: unless thats the attached face so then its 2... i dont know :D 
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  2. 9999eachhit

9999eachhit Well-Known Member

So around 5 days for those of us who purchased through AJ!?

3. ElekTriC

News Credits:
    Mine would be here tuesday/thursday so a week

4. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

OOOOOOOOOO...
    Somehow I missed this pic...I'm still bummed that TT didn't include a 'winking face'. Maybe some potential redeco will come with one?
    I'd rather have that one over one that's so episode specific like the visor face/accessory...I mean why include it, there's no stasis pod for the cable to be attached to...

Unless...Inferno has one included...

TT : in Japanese) "That'll be 345 usd!" (for a figure that should only cost 145 usd or (much) less.)

The days just get sweeter and sweeter...Then she'll arrive and we'll all be like (after we have played with the BA figure, and the grace period passes) : "How long till the next announcement! I NEED to know who's next!"

And then it'll be some B-list BWII/Neo character. Slingback (was that his name?) the Dimetrodon from NEO, for example.

5. MarikZero

MarikZero Monika

MP Tarantulas

• Like Like x 1
  6. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:

upload_2019-11-20_14-12-1.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    I will never not be absolutely gagging for the next BW MP announcement!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

Sigh...

I'd rather hold out hope for more BW figures.

MP TRANSMETAL Tarantulas. Who could fold up into a ball like shape. And fit into...

A stasis pod... (if TT made one) should come with Inferno or IIRC the first protoform 'birthed' on ancient Earth...Tigatron.

Reasons in favor of Tigatron: (It's been a while since I watched BW, so it's a bit jumbled up in my memory) He was the first non-original maximal or predacon cast member, and it was in his debut episode that a stasis pod was first opened (revealing the significance of said pods).

Inferno: his stasis pod was to be used by the scheming Tarantulas...for reasons that wold later become clear. Inferno's pod was destroyed by Tigatron(?) in a rather spectacularly. If he did have a pod, The later mp-Tigatron could also come with some burning remnants of the pod.

Of course... a stasis pod would be prohibitively expensive? Both for TT to make, and the customer to buy?

Even though each one would *only* need to be 2-3 parts(?), the size would need to be large enough to fit at least a Dinobot scale figure in robot mode?

But...I could see hasbro releasing a cheap light plastic stasis pod, as an sdcc exclusive(at some future date)...where Inferno/Tigatron would be the 'standard product' (if Tigatron maybe a redeco of mp-Cheetor in toy colors,OR if any future Inferno mold, as a remolded recolored Antagony?) and the Stasis Pod would be the 'sdcc exclusive package' . With a paper sleeve showing the product inside the pod/package, and encased in shrink wrap.

In any case, any stasis pod should be backward compatible with Blackarachnia and her (currently useless) visor...part.

I'm full of Ideas, Hasbro...hire me!

9. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    I’m a very hopeful guy where Beast Wars is concerned- but we are absolutely not getting a stasis pod. Definitely not from TT with either Inferno or Tigatron (who will not be a repaint of Cheetor!) because they will already be pushing Dinobot prices due to their size and Stasis pods were also actually pretty massive.
    We’d be in mp44 price territory for including such a big chunk of plastic that can interact with multiple figures and has a detailed interior. Prime’s trailer is one thing but a stasis pod is nowhere near as iconic, versatile or ‘essential’ to anyone other than the most hardcore of Beast Wars fans so raising an already relatively obscure figure’s price into the realm of what hardcore fans weren’t even willing to pay for the face of the franchise simply would not be a smart move. I mean- I’d pay for it- in a heartbeat- I’m just not gonna get the option.
    If Hasbro ever included one it would be undersized and made of cardboard like the power of the primes throne- although I don’t know who they’d release it with because the odds of getting any decent new beast wars toys from Hasbro are pitiful. A HasLab crowd-funded project could be a hope but I honestly don’t think a stasis pod would reach the goal to make it a profitable venture.
    As I see it, 3P is our only hope for this sort of thing. We’re really only at the dawn of BW 3P products so I expect them to develop and produce more varied, interesting and outlandish stuff over the next few years; the MP scale Transmutate is proof enough that anything is possible. Well get those diorama items someday. Just not from any licence holders.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

Yeah... I know. I was just dreaming aloud... And I just felt like I wanted to share these insane ideas with my fellow fans. . .

I mean it would be nice for that visor thingie to actually serve some purpose. To plug into somewhere that's not inappropriate. But I thought that maybe cheap old hasbro 'might' do something special for the 25th anniversary. But no... I mean they 'could' release something cheap and nasty...a really soft sculpt, made of the thinnest plastic they could get away with...(dollar store barbie ko playset type plastic?That's really thin and cheap, right?) of a stasis pod, and I'd probably buy it...

Third party...ouch. They'd go all out...producing the most wonderfully accurate pod money could buy (extremely expensive too). And perhaps it would also be a limited run, like those parts for Megatron's back...Preorders and then it's gone. And maybe like haslab unicron, they wouldn't give me and others time to raise funds. Maybe,maybe,maybe... I don't know...But would I/anyone really want/need a giant Stasis Pod?

All I know is that I really would like the round table/computer console (is that the right word?) from the maximal base/ship...In any form. From any one.

11. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Someone in Japan actually made the pod and got one day license to sell in a convention.

12. Blackarachnia1996

Blackarachnia1996 The Red Queen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I’d save the pod for a 3P company to make, otherwise I would include it with Rattrap instead of a stand so he would be the same price as Blackarachnia. But I don’t really need one

• Like Like x 1
  13. ElekTriC

News Credits:
    It should be big enough to fit primal.. so the price will be high

14. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Just make a cardboard one.

• Like Like x 2
  15. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    MP1 flashbacks :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blackarachnia1996

Blackarachnia1996 The Red Queen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just say no to cardboard...

17. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Always the voice of reason!

18. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Payment request from amiami! Almost here everyone :D 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Got one too. Two "bugs" (Bumble the other one :)  )

• Like Like x 1
  20. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I have no real need for a stasis pod and it it were packed in with a BWMP I wanted I'd be really fed up with TT for doing so. Personally I'd like TT to give us the option of paying for the pack-in extras or not. Two options jump to mind, release each figure with only the essentials and put out a separate add on pack of extra accessories OR two versions of each release, a more expensive 'premium edition' with all the bells and whistles and a cheaper stripped down edition with just the essentials. I'd have got an MP-44 if he just came with his blaster and cost 30% less but as it was nah too much for something I didn't really 'need' not to mention the cheaper 3P alternatives offering exactly what i mentioned. It's not unheard of, I've seen it done before with other lines. It would also go some way to competing with cheaper 3P alternatives and shutting the down 3P accessory market. However i doubt TT will do it unless they find sales dropping off.