Beast Wars Masterpiece Blackarachnia MP46

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    MPs don't have spring-loaded launchers, right? So Blackarachnia's blaster and hook missile would presumably be static and just for display.

However, if they go a different route, it could carry forward with figures like Scorponok who also has iconic missiles.

2. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

So I would say that Megatron was probably the first chance we'd really get to find out. I may be wrong about this, but I don't think there were many actual missile-type weapons in G1, it was mostly baster type, which therefore would have a need for a launcher in the masterpiece figure, it wouldn't be accurate.

Optimus and cheetor had blasters, I believe, and Dinobot had eye-lasers. Megatron's tail weapon did fire missiles though. So unless I am completely out to lunch and missed a whole crapload of characters with missile type weapons, Megatron would be the first MP to have missiles in show but not have it represented on the toy with actual firing missiles.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Verno

News Credits:
    I meant more in relation to figures that has a spring-loaded launcher on their original figure and it was used in the show.

4. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Masterpiece is based on the show entirely off the show though, other than repaints I don't think they care about the original figure, at least not worth beast wars. And as far as characters who had a missile that could be properly represented, I think bw megatron is the first mp to be released that would make sense to include a missile

5. Verno

News Credits:
    His missiles from the show aren't iconic in the same way as the likes of Blackarachnia and Scorponok however. In fact, does he use them again after the first episode?

• Like Like x 1
  6. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

The only example I can think of would be MP Wheeljack. He has a shoulder mounted missile launcher and the missile just pulls out of the launcher without any spring mechanism.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I'm not sure he does, and I agree they aren't as iconic. I'm just saying that I think he's the first MP that I'm aware of where it would even apply, so it's hard to say if they would or wouldn't.

8. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

He used it again in "The Probe" to destroy the tower the maximals built. So it appeared in at least two eps, but it's kind of forgettable cause rockets only last a few moments on screen if they aren't always visible like BA and Scorponok. Like a few others I was hoping to see BA's none grapple hook bullet, maybe the anchor piece slides off the one without the string attached to it?

9. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Most of the 84-86 G1 figures — except the minibots, cassettes, and insecticons — had spring-loaded launchers. I think most were used in the show to some extent, aside from those with launching fists. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    True, but most of those characters didn’t fire any actual missiles on screen. It was all laser fire.

11. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Next thing I’m hoping, no paint chipping. Megatron addressed that issue. Hopefully her paint will be durable as well

• Like Like x 3
  12. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what I'm getting at. I'm no G1 expert, but I have watched all the episodes years ago. I may not remember correctly, but as far as I know it was always laser fire. I don't remember any actual missiles.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Render

Render I’m all kinds of nerd.

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, Megatron is MOSTLY chip resistant, other than the couple spots I found (silver paint on his collar “teeth”, and for me, there’s black paint chipping on the back of his thigh for some reason).
    Hopefully BA’s paint is good and hopefully there are no clearance issues which cause excess rubbing.

B6E00EBE-42A2-4174-A44F-6673CD199931.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ultra Magnus in “the Killing Jar” used his red arm missile, but it’s the only time I can remember in G1. Maybe a few more I’m forgetting. I know in the 90s Fox edited Beast Wars for American television since cartoons weren’t allowed to use projectile weapons. Also why they did away with hand held guns completely in Beast Machines. In Canada we had no such laws and got the unedited episodes. However we did have a law stating that kids shows couldn’t include the word “war” and thus got “Beasties” and “Shadow Raiders” instead of “Beast Wars” and “War Planets”. Guess that law changed by the time Star Wars Clone Wars came out? Maybe they got away with it by being on a “grown-up” channel at a later time slot instead of on YTV in the afternoon.

Back on topic - Blackarachnia will be my first Beast Wars MP! I’d like to get them all but I’ve nowhere to put them...even all my original BW figures are sadly packed away...

• Like Like x 1
  15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Weird that BA has a no cancelation policy on AJ. Defintiely ordered her, but Prime can be cancelled nearly up to his release date.

16. MarikZero

MarikZero Monika

Be careful with the dino teeth as well. My paint chipped a bit there.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats because cancelation date was the 26th this month. or today. depending timezones? :D 

18. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, most of the time it was just laser fire, though there were a few times when characters would launch missiles/rockets. Aside from Magnus, Mirage used his shoulder launcher at least once. Skywarp launched missiles in an early episode (“Heat seeking missiles, seek heat!”). I feel like there were a few other time characters used their launching weapons like the toys had, though it was indeed very rare.

Anyway, I guess I’d better wrap up this post by getting back on topic! Replying to this looks like a good way to do that…
    Cobgrats! The Beast Wars MPs have been fantastic! When they first announced Primal I didn’t think I was going to get any of them as I was restricting my collection to G1 MPs due to space and budget. Once Primal was fully revealed I broke down and got him, and I’m glad I did!

Black Arachnia looks like a great entry point into the line, I hope you enjoy adding her to your collection! :) 

• Like Like x 3
  19. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Oh, still odd imo, but whatever. Definite locked buy regardless.

20. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I was on holiday for the last couple of weeks, in which time I did see pics on my iPhone, and in which time I did pre-order BA on AE. But only today did I finally take the time to check out large high quality pics on my computer. I have to say, I'm impressed by what Takara Tomy have managed. Yes, the spider mode evidently has had to have the major share of compromises, but the robot mode is excellent and the spider mode isn't at all bad. In fact, seeing that black widow on the web stand sort of gives me the creeps.
    I always loved the Beast Wars cartoon, but back when Optimus Primal first came out, I truly believed that Beast Wars Masterpieces were a one-and-done theme after him. It's only since MP Dinobot that I'm truly revelling in what Beast Wars MP's are. With the addition of BA, I believe they are going from strength to strength.

• Like Like x 11