Beast Wars Live Action Movie Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Booster Gold, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Bee427

Bee427 I'm here and I'm queer

Phew, didn't see the small text.

2. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Very much so.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Ah okay then.

4. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    So they want a fresh start to the series and all we have wanted for a long time is a classic just gold ‘ole autobot vs decepticon film done right. They decide to smash together a film called beast alliance which is a “heist movie” along with now forcing the ideas of beast transformers down the audiences throats. This sounds like they have no idea what they are doing. Besides type casting a lead that has diversity instead of actually looking at said lead for acting prowess.
    Sounds like more corporate Hollywood garbage. But alas, what is there to expect with so little Transformers content in recent history. Hopefully the creed director can save this film, and honestly the franchise at this point.
    Please don’t suck, bay has done enough damage.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm still unsure about this whole Beast Alliance thing being true given that other sources say they're not going this direction. Until we get actual official confirmation I'm not buying it cause I can't see Paramount wanting to make the same mistake they did with TLK which cost them millions.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rodimal Rodimus

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt.
    I think the Bots and Cons will still be the focus, just that finding the maximals and preds in stasis lock will be the goal here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PoptiOptimime

PoptiOptimime Well-Known Member

I need a blockbuster on environmental issues where they hire the world’s leading tree hugger to write this stuff. It’s set in a triple time warp and inception mind puzzle. Lots of booms. It ends with Primal seeing Bumble Bee movie Optimus in the sands (Planet of the Apes style) of a cave/faint glimpses of The Arc... and at this point, mind you, OP is now an Ape Jet who has an identity crisis.

8. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

so im curious, who would be your ideal director for a bw film?

9. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

So I know it has a writer already, but if we were to talk ideal in every way, I would love to see Greg Weisman as lead writer, and the Russo Brothers as the directors.

I picked these people because Beast Wars realllly needs to be a good ensemble movie. The Transformers movies were pretty lacking in these regard, interactions between transformers are pretty stale. So much of Beast Wars' charm came from how characters would talk to one another.

Greg Weisman does amazing character writing, and has experience with writing ensembles, like with Gargoyles and Young Justice.

The Russo Brothers worked both on Community and on Captain American: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame. All of these handled and ensemble cast really well.

I would love to see this happen. It will never, ever happen.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PoptiOptimime

PoptiOptimime Well-Known Member

I would be over the moon if the Cohen brothers worked on this. To me, it's not so much about the theme or setting, but character development that would make or break the movie.

The issue I have with the Bay movies is there is no reason for us to cheer or root or despise a character. Great graphics, but too choppy and had little character development. It tried to do the villain as the anti-hero when it showed the the Decepticons teaming up with humans and the army, but failed this. It tried to develop the characters again in TLK, but it was mismanaged. People want an action movie, but they also don't want 20+ heroes to follow in an action movie. It's easier to follow when there is close to 1 protagonist and 1 antagonist as possible. However, in a more dramatic movie, everyone's important and there could be different sides to a good side and bad side. It moves a little slower. Bay just kept picking the wrong times to go between action and drama and the wrong things going on in the background. When the Knights and Optimus were fighting, people and others scrambling around, but what would have been so significant about Optimus if he died there? Bee? The Knights? Humans? Megs? Give us a reason to root for someone, get sad if someone is dead, or dislike someone for doing something so wrong.

With the Bee movie, baddies seemed to have destroyed their planet / are chasing the good guys, and the good guys are hiding until they can't. That was the basic story, but it was all about Bumblebee -- his loss of friends, being an outsider, being attacked by Decepticons, the army, and fear, but it was also about learning, facing these things, and making new friends. Ended with a fun teaser that the fight is now on Earth. It was a kid friendly story.

We could suspend our disbelief on a lot of things, for example transforming things that speak English, but it's gotta get good character development. Perhaps make Optimus Primal's character experience problems with questioned/challenged leadership, not knowing what to do specifically but guided by what's best for the team, and ending with some sort of loss of identity. On top of that, pose a question about our identity with regards to genetics and physical traits. Is there more than meets the eye? Why are they robots in disguise. etc.

11. beastal

beastal Well-Known Member

Any suitable Maximals & Predacons to join in the series? Any creatures that were used & haven't been used yet?

It'd be nice to introduce a doublespy playing both sides in the form of a chameleon.

12. Mglaighton120

Mglaighton120 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Some potential casting news! From the Illuminerdi who initially reported the plot details and working title of Beast Alliance:

Beast Alliance Looking For A Tessa Thompson-Like Lead

Looking for a Tessa Thomson type co-lead, with other names like Ruth Negga, Jurnee Smollet-Bell, and Zoë Kravitz being thrown around as well.

Tessa is likely busy with Thor 4 right now, but I would love for Zoë or Jurnee to have a role. I loved Jurnee in Birds of Prey, and she’s supposedly really great in Lovecraft Country. Zoë’s almost done filming The Batman as well, so her schedule should be clear soon.

13. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 TF autobot chad Bumblebee absolute unit

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    That was already reported about a week ago

14. Mglaighton120

Mglaighton120 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    We’re the specific actors reported? I thought it was just the age range

15. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 TF autobot chad Bumblebee absolute unit

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    No there were actors reported but they did say that they wanted a Tessa Thompson type actor

16. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Stupid Idiot

I really wish they would establish the regular Autobot and Decepticon conflict before going with beast wars stuff. This seems way too early.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Rodimal Rodimus

I think the Beast Alliance film will establish that at least, with a bit of a timeskip in realtime.

18. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus Stupid Idiot

That still seems too early. I hope that the supposed non-BW movie is still in development and going to come out first, because that would at least add something do further develop the G1-ish story (God forbid it turns out it actually was the Beast Wars script, so we’ve got nothing between Bumblebee and this). But still I feel like it would not be enough. Beast Wars should be a game changer, not something that just comes along right away at the start of the story. And again, I really hope that the Beasts aren’t regular modern day Autobots and Decepticons, because that would make them pointless. But judging by the premise, it seems they are :( 

19. Rodimal Rodimus

To be fair, back at Monday, I did make a speculation in the BBMovie thread.

20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Unless it's about Gary Chalk and David Kaye being cast to do voices I don't care. Honestly I'd rather have no humans. It would probably be cheaper to do without them and a far more interesting movie.

• Like Like x 1