Beast Wars II Galvatron- Is he worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rizuan76, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

It has been so long ago that I sold him, because I hated it.

Since you are in Singapore, I think that price is too high!

If you feel you have to have all the BW leaders go for it, otherwise use your money in a better way.

2. KingForm

KingForm Banned

This is the first time i've ever read about Galvatron suffering from GPS, is it that big of an issue?

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

As someone who doesn't even care much for Beast Wars anything, let me say I love this figure!

I picked him up MIB on Ebay for cheap on a whim... less than $20, and I don't regret it. He's a weird figure, and doesn't really fit in with a lot of my other TFs, but he's undeniably fun. Great articulation, a lot of variations possible between his 3 modes, packed with features, and he's big and feels (at least) pretty sturdy.

Part of his appeal I think is just how ridiculous his design is. His weapons and features are pretty out there... gatling guns for knees, insectoid pincers for wings, a weird centipede tail, and a barbed drill that spins make for a freaky overall aesthetic. In dragon mode you can even transform his head back into a drill, making him into some kind of weird Lovecraftian horror.

In fact, when you're messing with this toy early on two things become apparent:

1. Most disturbingly phallic toy for kids ever! I mean, I know the Japanese have a precedent for this sort of thing, but come on... this thing is downright scary, like it just escaped the set of Tetsuo the Iron Man. Even the colours somehow suggest obscenity. It's so absurd, I love it.

It's awesomely dangerous! As I was perusing the Japanese directions, I noticed a little icon of a kid getting shot in the eye by a spring-loaded missile. Ha ha, I thought. Then as I was transforming him the first time, without warning, one of his pincer-axe-blade-missile things fires over my shoulder missing my eye by an inch!

The next 2 people I saw transform it for the first time, THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED with the missile suddenly shooting out and missing an eye by a frighteningly small margin. That's one mean toy! :D 

zmog

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    That's it... I'm sold. Now to find one.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dig everything about him 'cept the lavender deco.

A royal purple woulda been awesome. As it is, he's just so...pastel.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

BOO!
    [​IMG]

Some other pics...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

zmog

7. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow! thanks so much to all of you.:drool:  especially after looking at all those cool pics posted by Chaos Muffin & SMOG of Galvatron in different poses.

Now i'm definitely sold! :D 

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    :lol  That reminds me of the pic attached to the eBay listing I got mine from. The woman selling them had unpacked one and played around with it trying to get it transformed right and it looked like it had been in a car wreck, like to the point where even a walmart.com photographer would say "that cant be right".

Good thing she didn't know what she was selling, I got that bad boy MISB for $16.50 shipped.

9. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Yeah, he's a great figure. Never had any problems with GPS, but there are a few things to be careful of.

First, be careful when you rotate the drill halves when transforming him. I tried to twist it too hard and it snapped at the connection point. I mean, when you split the drill apart and go to rotate it down to form the dragon modes shoulder pad... be very careful of that.

Second, the hips come very loose after awhile. There are screws there that help tighten them if/when it happens, but alas... I stripped the threads. Be careful.

Other than those two things, he's an amazing figure... I really need to pick up a new one some day!

10. Sushi Convoy

Sushi Convoy Tying up car

Knee-guns FTW!!!

Cheers!
    Sush.

11. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Be glad they didn't give him cartoon-accurate colors. He's pink.

12. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magmatron gets the attention because of the IDW Comic. PS You should pick up Big Convoy. Great Mold!

13. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]