Beast Wars II Cels, Sketches and backgrounds! - Clean up find

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autoplex, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Autoplex

Autoplex Farewell Master Galvatron

News Credits:
    First off, if this is in the wrong section could a Mod please move it. I went back and forth about where I should post it and on the old format I would have posted it in the Toyark but now that it's non TF and these aren't really toys for the toy discussion, well I slapped it here. Now onto the post...

Over half a decade ago I had the chance to buy some BW II Cels for really cheap. I took that chance. Originally I was going to get them framed but well time makes fools of us all. It's Australia day long weekend here so I'm taking the opportunity to clean up and well, I found about half of the cels I bought.

I really love the feel of the backgrounds. Just the hand painted brush strokes are great. Each one apart from the Megastorm/BB/Starscream scene are all packaged with the sketch underneath.

I've got to be quick so I don't waste valueable cleaning time so here are some quick pictures....

Megastorm ANIME CUT SCENE STYLE! Megastorm cel with complete hand painted background.

[​IMG]

BB
    [​IMG]

Gigastorm
    [​IMG]

Now known as THE PACK

[​IMG]

Whatshername. The girl that hung around with the rabbit? Is this BW Neo? Kinda forgetting my stuff here. Moon comes to mind as the rabbits name.

[​IMG]

And my personal favourite since everything is here (Finished lines on 2 pages, Finished painted models on 2 seperate cels and a hand painted background.)

Megastorm, Starscream and B.B.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can take some better pictures if anybody is interested. Any episode info on these would be great. Thanks for taking a look. -Chris

2. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Those are great! Nice find! I have only seen a few episodes so I have no help for you there.

3. Autoplex

Autoplex Farewell Master Galvatron

News Credits:
    Thanks to FFN, the girl is Artemis. I'm assuming it's a BW II cel since the rest are and from the summary on the Wiki, she was probably only in an episode or two so probably less cels exist.

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice cells, I've got a few good ones in my collection too, my favorite is acually from Neo, which features Destron "Call me Catherine" Navi floating behind Magmatron's choulder, almost perfect composition!

Yes the girl is Artemis of BWII, and she was in every single episode except the movie. Mostly she observed from the within moon, but there were a handful of episodes when Moon-Bunny traveled to Gaia and illustrated the power these robotic-lunar-goddesses possess. Beware Afrtemis's world-shaking-squeak-mallet

But I dirgress.

The first cell is undoubtedly from the first episode. As that's Megastorm in his pre-scan form.

BB looks like it might be from one of his key-sequence series, or else it could be from any random episode, nothing really distinct about that shot.

GREAT Gigastorm! That's one I wouldn't mind owning. Obviously from a later episode, but other than that, not much to go on.

The group shot is probably distinct enough to be identifiable, but off hand, since those guys were always hanging out together, I couldn't hazard a guess.

Ditto on the Megastorm, SS & BB, that's another really nice one, background and all!

Hope some of that helps
    D/L

5. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Nice. I've just recently gotten back into collecting cels, so it's great to see the topic pop up. It's almost funny, when it comes to cels from Transformers the most plentiful supply comes from BW II and Neo, the only two TF series I have yet to see. Out of all my BW cels my favorite is of King Posidon with a matching BG. Unfortunatly I don't know where it is, being framed it's not with my pile of cels; it's baried somewhere in storage.

Autoplex, if you ever decide to sell off your collection of cels please keep me in mind. Just jot my name down and send me a PM any time.

Here's some of my collection. :D 

[​IMG]

This is really nice. It's really very complete, early rough sketchs to the final product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very small collection of TF Movie cels...

[​IMG]

Just added..

BG is just a laser print
    [​IMG]

Matching original BG. :D 

[​IMG]

6. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

That laserbeak cel needs a frame.

This thread reminds me that I need to get my BWII and BW Neo tapes converted to DVD.

7. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I also have a Beast Wars II cel. Its just a sketch and the characters. Features Gigastorm and Prowl (I think).

Need to frame it.

8. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    "Prowl" (BW Lion combiner) is in BW II, "Lio Jr." One of (if not THE) single most powerful beings to ever exist in the TF universe.

And a wonderfully charming character besides :) 

D/L

9. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Oh yah, I just remembered the name they had in the auction.... first it said Bumblebee....

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Autoplex should show that BB cel to whichever IDW colourist decided that BB should be coloured like Sunstorm in the Sourcebook.

11. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    :D 

:lol  :rolleyes: 

Generic call-out to the fandom, and evidently IDW: Don't let the cute fuzzy critter'ness bother you, go watch BW II and Neo, they're reallllly good.

D/L