Beast Wars Evil(?) Optimus Help?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by King Glurch, Apr 1, 2020.

1. King Glurch

King Glurch I’m gonna miss you when I’m gone

YouTube (Legacy):
    As a precursor to this question, my brother knows very little about Transformers, and I don’t know a lot about Beast Wars other than the characters. My brother and I were talking about Transformers a bit recently, and we started talking about Beast Wars because we used to watch it when we were little. He said that he remembered some sort of “leader” that was in a stasis pod, but died in it. He says that this character was good but then he turns evil. I listed just about every character in the show that was even somewhat involved with a stasis pod, and I kept asking him if it was just Transmetal Optimus that he was thinking of, because of the last episode of the first season, where he was in a stasis pod near an explosion that caused the characters to turn into the Transmetal bodies. He kept saying that it was some sort of “evil Optimus Primal”, but I don’t know what he’s talking about. The only character in any part of Transformers that it reminded me of was Sentinel Prime in DOTM, but he said it wasn’t him either. He also said it wasn’t anything Shattered Glass Beast Wars either when I suggested it. I think he might be misremembering it, but he said he wasn’t. So my question is, does anyone know what this “evil Optimus Primal” could be? I’d be very appreciative if anyone could help me with this. Thanks in advance.

2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Optimalmegatronoptimusprimal.jpg Maybe he was talking about Beast Machines where Megatron took Optimal Optimus body.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Maybe he's thinking about RID Scourge. He's similar to Prime and emerged from a stasis pod reprogrammed as an Decepticon. The series did feature Predacons too.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Optimus Primal was trapped inside a stasis pod that exploded, killing him. This was the first seasons big finale'. A bit later in the show he was revived through some very special circumstances. Midway through the first season there's an episode called Gorilla Warfare, the plot to that is the bad guys plan backfires when they try to mess with Primal's functionality. They wanted to make him a coward, instead he becomes hyper aggressive. It was just for one episode, he got cured.

His body was also hijacked by the Predacons in season 3, just for one episode again. Then way later, at the end of the sequel series Beast Machines, Megatron copies one of Primal's bodies to take as his own.

Any time Optimus Primal seemed evil in the shows he wasn't himself basically. He was either drugged, possessed or a victim of identity theft.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

There was one episode of season 1 where Primal was hit by a virus that was meant to make him a wimp but it put him into a beserker rage constantly. He was bashing up the maximals a while until they just pointed him at the Predacon base to go crazy on those guys. Maybe getting mixed up with that and the end of season 1 where he dies in the stasis pod like you said?

Or an episode late in season 3 where Primal's body is taken over by the Predacons and they remote control him to take down all the Maximals, then go blow up the Ark. Quickstrike was controlling him by a harness type thing so Primal kept having some of Quickstrike's mannerisms. It was quite amusing.

Those are the only two times Primal went evil in Beast Wars.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Galvatom

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. King Glurch

King Glurch I’m gonna miss you when I’m gone

YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe. I don't think that was it though, we never saw Beast Machines.
    That could've been it too. He did ask about a Nemesis Prime, so that could be it.
    I asked him about Primal's death in the stasis pod a few times, but he said that wasn't it. We saw like the first two seasons, so it might've just been the Gorilla Warfare that he was remembering. Could've also been that episode in season three, but we never saw that far in the show.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'm gonna ask my brother if any of these are what he remembers.

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    he could also be wildly misremembering rampages story. was originally a maximal protoform, became a serial killer, locked in a stasis pod, appeared to be dead when they found the pod, was revived by the end of the episode

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

There was also a Predacon recolor of Transmetal Optimus that was in the video game. I think it was a reuse of the Apelinq color scheme or something like that but the game referred to it as a Predacon version of Primal.

There was also a Predacon repaint of Bat Primal neither of these were ever in the show.

Oh and the mutant head combined with the skull mace the toy had gave Primal a very evil look. My friends back in school were convinced he was suppose to be a Predacon.

9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like he’s just mixing details from Gorilla Warfare with the season 1 finale.
    That or he saw the part in the season 1 finale, where Primal is flying in the stasis pod & puts on his battle mask. That, along with his red eyes, could give someone the impression that he turned evil. Especially if they haven’t seen it in a couple decades.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Your brother got Mandela Effected hard. I mean, he's technically remembering the details right, they just weren't all the same instance/character. But given how many things came out of stasis pods, and how many time Optimus (or his body) has been messed with, it's easy to mix it up.