Beast Wars Characters in TF Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Africa isn’t all jungle and open spaces, you know?
    We haven’t seen anything in Transformers: Prime to believe that any of them are capable of having organic parts. Why would they need animal spies when they could have Soundwave or whoever bug phones? They are an advance alien race with means we don’t possess.
    Well, DotM did have Laserbeak after all. Why would Hasbro only make toys that are featured in the show? Has there ever been a line that only had characters that were actually on the show?

2. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sounds great too. A small piece of fiction somehow, like a miniseries, along with a limited toyline (emphasis on limited) would be enough to make me a happy camper.

3. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

True, but there is enough to hide in.

Well yes, but given I was talking about a hypothetical uses for beast bots in a disguise context I figured the use of it in these situation was a given, without it beast bots are horrible disguises.

Well yes you can handwave it, but you don't have to. For example how do you listen in on someone not talking on aphone or a radio? You can handwave it so that they can magically activate phones without making a sound and listen in through them even if the person talking is on the other side of the room. Or you can have spy put a bug in the place. Either is fine.

Yes Laserbeak is the only beast shaped TF who was shown transforming and talking in the movies. One not clearly second banana Beast like Transformer in all three movies. Hardly a rousing endorsement of Beast formers to the general public. And note that in the movie toys the ONLY beast formers are those who were in the movies. I doubt they would have gotten toys otherwise.

As long as Beast formers area only the peripheral of the brand image making toys of beast formers without back up with recent appearances in media is bad business move.

4. AlphaTrionA3

AlphaTrionA3 Autobot

News Credits:
    That is what I thought hey were doing when they introduce Airachnid. Didn't exactly turn out that way, but there is no reason it still can't happen.

5. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Do we have any evidence the Airachnid never came to Earth before? For all we know she could have been a combatant in the earlier conflicts.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did she crash? It's been awhile since I've seen the episode, but wasn't her ship in need of repair?

Edit:

Why would you have the hide the wild? Where’s the story in that? Robots in disguise, right under our noses is what makes the show interesting, no?

Hmmm, with all signs point to regular (metallic) looking Transformers, I don’t think it’s likely we’ll see Transorganics…

air drones flying overhead, out of sight, or better yet, satellites in space or recon via space bridging.

I don’t know what this means:confused: 

How can you be so certain? They made many other toys that weren’t in the movie. The Transformers have a long history of having toy characters not making it over to the cartoon.

How so? My son wants every Transformer. Being part of the show might help, but it matters little to him really, as he just wants to play with all things Transformers.

7. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

I love Beast Wars. But I don't think introducing BW characters to TFP is a good idea. These two series are basically separate universes as BW has the original G1 Transformers set as its storyline.

8. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I don't think so. If she did the damage could be repaired considering she didn't seem too worried until the ship actually got blown up.

Also I meant that she was involved in the war, stationed on Earth during it, and then she decided to leave the conflict and explore the stars. Later on she gets reports of the conflict taking place on Earth so she returns to it.

9. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Im watching Beast Wars right now, and I have to say no. TFP and BW are too different to mix well imo.

10. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Really? They seem very similar to me.

11. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

In Prime? No. When was the last time they drove by somebody? Or had a fight with the slightest chance of being found? It's one of my few problems with the series, if your going the secret war route you need people around to keep it a secret from. And no telling us there's buch of people just off stage ins't the same thing.

I could point out potential holes in each of those, but that's just getting into a nitpick fight. Point is you can come up with ways to insert Beasts if you want bu they're also not required.

All the best bots in the movie outside of Laserbeak might as well be mindless drones. They have no lines and don't transform. They don't come across as 'true transformers' in that sense, mere second bananas if you will.

How so? My son wants every Transformer. Being part of the show might help, but it matters little to him really, as he just wants to play with all things Transformers.[/QUOTE]

Yes they made lots of toy characters that weren't in the movie, how many of those were beast fomers?

As for your son, I'm sure he's a great kid, but he's also anecdotal evidence. My hypothesis is this based on the shelf warming statues of recent beast formers and goes as this, with the main fiction treating Beast fomers as second class the viewers pick up on that so that makes beast fomers less desirable, overall, then vehicle formers, which means more then vehicle formers beasts need the extra push of a media appearance.

And yes I know what bleck picture this paints for beast formers in the near future. Not happy saying it, I like beasts, especially ones that look like animals, and it'd be great to see more of what they could do with modern tech.

I mean Universe Dinobot was a good demonstration and Cheetor almost was. If it wasn't for that head set up...

Since your a perent, and any other parent can feel free to chime in, would that open mouth eye color thing really make it more attractive to your kids? I mean I get most gimmicks and why they exist and why kids would like them, even if I don't like all of them. This one, just seems, really weak.