Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kinda sorta beast related...having just got a frostbite I noticed something....

Spark brothers? Distant cousins? The similarities are there..

20180305_140729.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    You just contradicted yourself if you are addressing me, " he keeps insisting that the fan vote is for BW Primal", and "that Optimal is NOT BW Primal", i did NOT say this was BW Primal, it's NOT BW, this story is NOT Beast Wars, Google it, read the offical Hasbro synopsis, the Prime Wars web series is NOT Beast wars, the Web series is where this character is from, it's NOT BW Primal, it's POTP Primal, a completely different version of the character, is there similarity to BW Primal? Obviously, is G1 USA cartoon 1984 OP the exact same character as Transformer rescue bots OP? NO, they are 2 different characters but they are both OP.

1. Hasbro provides the information, you say they have NOT kept to the bio in refrence to POTP Primal, considering that the series has NOT aired yet, you can NOT state that as fact, it's just your assumptions.

2. "The fan vote is for fun" That's irrelevant, people refuse to take responsibility for the choice they made, they make assumptions and then quibble when the assumptions are proven false, to those who say this is acceptable behavior for an adult, I disagree, I know what the fan vote is for, I'm NOT the one complaining abut who the character is, that's on you. I am accepting of the authority and the infollowing they provided. The provided all the info needed to make an informed decision. The make it clear who the characters are, many of which share similes with their IDW counterparts etc.

FB_IMG_1517085851844-1-1.jpg
    This bio was shown when making your choice for the vote, if you(generalized) neglected to read it, than that is your own fault.
    FB_IMG_1518979298573-1.jpg
    The Optimus Primal described above wins
    FB_IMG_1518908134142-1-1.jpg
    Transformers: Power of the Primes is the series in which this version of the character (POTP Optimus Primal) will debut, it has NOT aired yet, so how can you say Hasbro has NOT followed the bio they provided in the vote last year?
    FB_IMG_1518907385285.jpg
    You (general) quibbled over this bio recently released which you(general) say is a BW bio or includes BW events etc. That does NOT mean that this is BW Primal nor that Hasbro has neglected the previous bio, this merely means that this version of the character had a similar back story etc which is NOT uncommon, all versions of Optimus Prime from G1 version to Transformers Prime version share sone similarities even though they are NOT the exact same characters.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Beast Wars TM2 Cheetor is my favorite version of the character, it would be great to get an update of this version, one with slightly better articulation, size and paint apps, a maleable tail would be great also. IMG_1517693124526.jpg
    20180129_160347~2.jpg
    20180212_131256-1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    So do you believe that poor sales of this figure will negatively affect chances of future Beast Wars figures being made (MPs not withstanding) which is a concern for those who dislike this figure’s appearance and gimmick yet still wish to support what they perceive, perhaps mistakenly, to be a Beast Wars figure- or not- seeing as this Primal is apparently not from Beast Wars?

I’m not fussed either way as long as the MPs keep coming; even if it is at a dry snail’s pace but I wonder if Hasbro will have the outlook that ‘this isn’t actually Beast Wars Primal’ if it turns out to be a peg warmer.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Saying this optimal optimus isn’t a beast wars update is like saying a combiner wars figure isnt a g1 update

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  6. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    I have no idea, poor sales will likely decrease chances of future BW inspired characters, Hasbro does not seem all to interested in BW. Children and a majority of casual fans will regard this as BW Primal even though in fact per story it is not, most casual fans and children do not care about story or other intricate details. In the eyes of sales, Prime is Prime, Primal is Primal, does not matter which version of the character it is, (sales)

7. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    In terms of where this new Optimus Primal belongs continuity wise, he belongs to the Prime Wars Trilogy continuity which draws from some recent IDW stories and others etc. As ofor now, we have NOT seen this Primal in any capacity, the Primal in IDW currently is not the exact same character as this one but the POTP version will likely take some inspiration from that version as well as other versions of Primal etc.

There have been many versions of Optimus Primal, check below for more details.

Optimus Primal (BW) - Transformers Wiki

Transformers: Power of the Primes (cartoon) - Transformers Wiki

(I know some don't recognize TFWiki, please crossrefrence and perform your own further research if you do not recognize tfwiki.)

FB_IMG_1517085851844-1-1.jpg

8. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  9. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Behold the prophesized Chosen One, the new leader of Cybertron, The Legendary Optimal Optimus Primal Prime FB_IMG_1520354136284.jpg FB_IMG_1520354139826.jpg FB_IMG_1520354132546.jpg FB_IMG_1520354146111.jpg FB_IMG_1520354142358.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    this image is from last hascon i like it actually my only problem is the lack of paint and truck mode
    i hope they offer well colored version for hascon with rifle and wheels i really hope so
    [​IMG]
    the improved articulation really make it shine as a optimus primal it sucks but as a optimal optimus is a thriumph

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I just can't understand how they can leave the cockpit and the sides of his calves gray/unpainted. I would like this figure a lot more if they were orange like they're suppose to be.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    Considering that this is a completely new character, the comment of "supposed to be" really doesn't fit, this is POTP OP not BW, 2 different characters just as Armada OP and G1 1984 OP are 2 different characters whom both look similar yet different etc. That hopefully helps.

15. mykkE

mykkE Well-Known Member

STOP!!! PLEASE!! We get it...

• Like Like x 5
  16. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    You can't assume that everyone thinks, feels and know's what you know, mist people think that character wise, this is BW OP

17. mykkE

mykkE Well-Known Member

It is just annoying... obviously it is a homage. No one cares if it is 'the same character' when it is clearly supposed to be Optimal Optimus. Just please give it a rest.

• Like Like x 2
  18. PrimalFury

News Credits:
    "Supposed to be"? This IS Optimal Optimus Primal, I nor anyone has said otherwise, I only made a distinction between which version of the character it is. I apologize if that bothers you but you don't need to comment, you could just choose to not read that comment and to not respond but thank you for sharing your feelings about how my post made you feel.

19. mykkE

mykkE Well-Known Member

No one cares what it is 'supposed to be' is my point. To ANYONE with eyes they are going to compare this with Beast Wars, not POTP. You just like to argue. You are making this thread one big mess. Just GIVE IT UP. You are now ignored.

• Like Like x 4
  20. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    He’s just a new incarnation of BW Optimus Primal to me. No different from PotP Optimus Prime or Rodimus Prime being new incarnations of their G1 selves.

• Like Like x 5