Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. PrimeDaddy16112723

PrimeDaddy16112723 G 1 Till All Are One.

I think it was before its time and would be critically acclaimed were it to air nowadays. My kids love it.

2. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    This is the mentality that causes a lot of pain and suffering in the world, "they areven not doing the right thing so why should we?" "They are not being responsible, so why should we", your words mate. You just ended this little discussion by writing that.

It's not about taking anything serious, it's the simple fact that whatever an adult does, that adult is responsible for that action, simple. You seem to be saying that adults do NOT need to be responsible for themselves if the authority is NOT. Your or someone else started this by saying that

1.everyone ASSUMED it was BW Primal and they should NOT be faulted for ASSUMING,

2. The Hasbro bios and official information is not to be read or followed.

You have basically been arguing that 1+1 is whatever you say it is. I only care for the facts. The facts are that Hasbro provided everything and adult needed to make an informed decision, if the bio was to be changed layer is irrelevant, we are speaking of a vote in the past, you nor anyone could have known for a fact if the bios were followed and not even now because there series has NOT aired.

You seem to have a problem with authority, you'll have to take that up somewhere else, get some help, talk to a professional, this is an appreciation thread for Hasbro products, coming in here, bashing them, their decisionsite and calling them liers, deceivers and claiming that a majority of the people who voted were NOT informed / the assumwd everything etc, is not what this thread is for.

Let's please get back to appreciating Beast Wars. Thank you. Good day.

BeastWarsLogo-1-1.jpg

3. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I thinks its a shame that world was never revisited in America after Beast Machines, JP had BWll and Neo that were in a divergent universe but I sure would have loved another story involving the descendents of the Autobots and Decepticons.

Every series since has pretty much been Autobots and Decepticons take RID2000/01.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PrimeDaddy16112723

I find it hilarious how beast wars figures were almost entirely shell formers and people are griping over potp optimal optimus(myself included).

5. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    Jdkaoeudnaoecjwoxuxoe

HAHAHAHAHA

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Wazpinator feelz different all of a sudden! Wazpinator Feelz powerful, even more powerful than Megatron

2E754F48-0698-4613-A9A7-8FFE272C85C1.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  7. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    waspscreamer arise and fullfill your destiny hahaha

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

You're putting words in my mouth, because that isn't what I'm saying at all. Again, we're talking about a simple fan vote here for a children's toy line. And you're taking it way, way too seriously if you think a fan vote, for fun, is causing pain and suffering in the world. Let me say that again: It was for fun, pure and simple. That is not the sort of vote an adult needs to be responsible for like you keep insisting. You say you only care about the facts, but then you ignore/dismiss the fact Hasbro themselves aren't even sticking to the bio that you keep pointing to. That's not me having a problem with authority or bashing them or anything you're suggesting here at all. That's you putting way more stock into that bio Hasbro had for Primal in the fan vote than it deserves.

But yes, let's get back to appreciating Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Just do yourself a favor and put him on ignore, he keeps insisting the fan vote was for bw primal and also insisting that optimal optimus somehow isn’t bw primal. His facts are skewed and he keeps repeating himself which is causing you to repeat yourself. Both of y’all just put each other on ignore and let’s continue with appreciating beast wars and all it’s homages :) 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

A. This is not the POTP apreciation thread.

B. Quality in this case is not subjective. They did not complete the thighs, guns and perhaps other parts of the figure. They are shell on one side and open on the other. The fact that these pieces are incomplete is black and white.

C. Normally we've been on the same page, this time clearly we're not. Not that it matters, but we'll both find out who is right and who wasn't when the figures at the shelves and the kids vote

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Fair enough :p 

• Like Like x 2
  12. PrimeDaddy16112723

I feel like this "debate" is taking place on a cnn forum and not a beast wars appreciation forum.

• Like Like x 4
  13. PrimeAndPrimal

PrimeAndPrimal Active Member

Agreed. While I don't think he is perfect, and I can not lie, I was certainly expecting something different when I chose Primal during the fan vote. But he looks great, and I am excited to be adding him to my salty little badass crew of Maximals when I find him. Plus, I know some of you expressed a desire to see this Primal mold in a paint application more aligned with the season one version. If Takara Tomy does one, although I know it is highly unlikely, it could look awesome and be released as a Tak-To Mall exclusive(which will be like costing us an arm or a leg, unfortunately).

It's funny that you mentioned the shell former designs and aesthetics of Beast Wars because this actually didn't bother me at all. In fact, it was a likeable feature because as a kid I would imagine them as being pieces of armor. When I would fire the spring launchers at them and it were to hit a shell then they would continue fighting on, but if a direct body part was hit then they would go down. Plenty of great memories with friends, and hours of play time.

Additional thought, I have been able to form a base mode reminiscent of the Titans Return line in both of the leader class POTP figures, Optimus and Rodimus courtesy of the YouTube Transformers fans that did it before me. Consider the possibility that there would be something like this for Optimus Primal, then it would be a neat little feature that adds a good amount of playability to this toy.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. PrimeDaddy16112723

That was my point entirely. I never saw the "shell" as bad. Hell i didnt know the term shell former till i was in my late teens. I love all the beast wars figures even the chipped paint transmetals. I just think its funny that we love and appreciate those figures despite having short comings that would be ripped apart were they released nowadays and rip apart optimal optimus for reasons that are pretty minor(minus the no monkey mode on lil primal).

• Like Like x 2
  15. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    I actually share your feelings that this could be a shelf warmer with the kids. However I really hope we’re both wrong, as that hurts the already minimal chances of a future ‘Beast Wars’ resurgence.

16. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a Beast Wars fan I am thrilled with PotP Optimal Optimus. Is he perfect? No, but he’s a great rendition of the character that made me a Transformers fan and I’m certainly excited to get him.

Yet, also as a Beast Wars fan, I feel as though once again we are gettting one put over on us. We voted for our Prime. We were told that future stories would have this character lead Cybertron into a new chapter. Then Primal won, something Hasbro admittedly did not expect. Now, we have the shortest Generations line in years and the next series is going back in time. We are not getting our Primal led Cybertron and I can’t help but feel cheated.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    it's even better when you ignore literally everybody except 1 person, you just change who you block each day. list all the names in the thread and throw a dart and unblock the one you hit

• Like Like x 3
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I know how you feel. It's like how BW fans were cheated out of a 20th anniversary celebration from Hasbro which they could've at least give acknowledgement of what it did for the brand and a couple of Platinum Edition releases of the best BW themed toys but didn't. I would be extremely disappointed if we don't have the idea of Primal leading Cybertron explored further in IDW through a soft reboot continued. That's also another reason why I'm not too excited about the WFC line in that regard because we truly are heading backwards as opposed to forward.

• Like Like x 6
  19. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  20. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Was taking out some old BW2 figures last week and this repaint idea occurred to me:
    PotP Grimlock repainted as BW2 Galvatron (could a remold and wings and make the alt mode more dragon-y?)
    CW Brawl repainted as BW2 Megastorm
    CW Rook repainted as BW2 Autolauncher
    PotP Dreadwind repainted as BW2 BB
    PotP Blackwing repainted as BW2 Starscream

Merge to form "Galvastorm"

• Like Like x 4