Beast Wars 15th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TMIIWonkoNemi, Sep 16, 2011.

1. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    Great storyline. My birth year

2. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    yeah! it looks better than cybertron did in many ways.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I remember seeing a commercial on some specialty channel, it was an LA channel. I was like "What is this? Animals that turn to robots and officially a Transformers brand?" "I'm in".

Even though I was a Geewunner, Transformers coming back after a decade was huge for me. I had lost most of my TF knowledge by the start of BW but because of good ol' Rattrap, here I am 15 years later.

BW has held the title of best TF series for a long time. Animated and Prime are giving is competition. I gotta say, I am thankful for all American produced TF series :) 

Live on forever in our thoughts and on DVD Bluray my beast friends.

4. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I never knew what I was missing until I sat down and watched all of the "Beasties" series. I ended up buying the dvd set this summer and watching it through twice. Probably my favorite generation of Transformers, hands down.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I really wish Hasbro would do something for it like they did for the 10th, but I doubt it.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :bday  Happy Birthday Our Little Beasties.....yesssssss.

7. super skrull

super skrull BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!

man I wish we got beast wars trans tek instead of the unicron trilogy oh well happy anniversary beast wars I hope beast wars 2 and beast wars neo get dubbed and released on dvd

8. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Beast Wars was, and still is in many ways the pinnacle of Transformer storytelling.

It's the series that got me really hooked as a child....the other day, I even 'improved' Rattrap to celebrate the anniversary (since Hasbro aren't going to do it for us :p )

[​IMG]

I have the need to plug this everwhere!

Attached Files:

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Agreed. I'm still hoping we get transtech someday.

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if you haven't already done so, you could always make a Radicon thread for him. Take a couple of pictures in each mode (assuming it can still transform), tell us what you did, and then wait for the attention to flow in. :) 

Also, it's a pretty big shock to see this being 15 years old, as the fact that I'm 23 (going on 24) means that I'd have only been 8 or 9 when I started watching show, and even younger then when Reboot 1st came out.

Actually, Reboot played a much bigger part in why I got into Beasties as it was called than Transformers did, since I was originally turned off by the fact that it was different from G1. However, after seeing a couple of episodes & of course the toys, I got back into it pretty quickly, and both it & Reboot have remained as 2 of my all time favorite shows ever since.

I remember often not being home when it aired, so my dad would record it on our VCR, and then I'd watch it later on, same with shit like Xena that was still being done. I probably still have the tape that we'd always use, although without any current means of watching it. The tape anyway, given that I haven't had a VCR in years.

11. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Is there a reason they couldn't call in "Beast Wars" in Canada?

12. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    While I'm sure there's a more concrete reason somewhere, I always assumed that Beasties was more of a working title that stuck, and or that in the beginning anyway, their network was less inclined to air a kid's show with "war" in the title, and that's why it was branded as Beasties.

I mean, even years later (after they became less anal about the content), Shadow Raiders - War Planets was still called & always referred to as Shadow Raiders, even though it wasn't primarily known as that everywhere (including the toy line). Personally, I think that was a way better name anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if usage of the term "war" was a main reason behind why both of these shows had a different title in Canada.

13. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It came out my senior year of high school and got me back in the hobby. i soon introduced my younger bros. to G1 and dug all my old figures out of the attic.

14. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Holy crap, I feel old now. I joined this site on the 10th anniversary.

15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love how you guys talk about age and BW like your really old:lol .

Beast Wars, for me, started when I was in Middle School (8th grade):eek: 

You youngsters need to get back at me when BW hits its 25th Anniversary:lol 

16. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Pffff, I was in high school. GET OFF MY LAWN!

17. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I love how you come on here and act condescending. Don't bag people for stating the fact that BW was their childhood and how much years have passed since it was. 15 years is AWHILE, just cause it's not 25 years doesn't mean it's any less significant.

Anywho, :bday  Beast Wars. Thanks for all the memories, the toys, and for feeding my imagination as a wee lad.

18. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I wouldn't expect anything less from a youngster. Obviously reading WAY TOO MUCH into what I wrote.:2c: 

19. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well for what it's worth, I didn't find his post to be condescending at all. If anything, I thought it was pretty much the opposite of that, what with the fact that he not only made fun of his own age, but made it a point to use 3 emoticons when doing so.

Also, Chris doesn't "bag" people. This guy does.

20. Aluinashryu

Aluinashryu villain enthusiast

Beast Wars. Easily one of the series that has inspired my creative life the most, over the past three years.

When I was very young, growing up in the nineties, I can vaguely remember watching episodes as they aired on tv. When the millennium hit, I watched reruns of it on the kids block 'milkshake' on channel five. But it wasn't until 2008, over a decade after it first aired, that I really started paying attention.

I was inducted into the Transformers fandom after watching the Transformers 2007 movie (Weird, really, since that's one of my least liked iterations of the franchise). I began to hunt out comics, Dreamwave and IDW, and later on I was following all the online action as Transformers Animated premiered around Christmas-time. But there was one particular Transformers series that I was determined to properly revisit; Beast Wars.

I decided that I'd have to buy a multi-region DVD player and import all of the Beast Wars DVD sets that were available. About £150 later, I had all I needed to rewatch Beast Wars at my leisure, in luxury. As soon as I began watching, my feeling that it wasn't going to be as good as i remembered vanished. It was better. From then on, in my free time, I was absorbing all the goodness that it had to offer.

It's a great series - Fantastic, complex characterisation (As well as pretty much an entire cast of characters I actually CARE ABOUT), entertaining interactions (coupled with some very talented voice actors), pulse-pounding action, and awesome two-parters offering deeper, high-stakes plots. Of course, it isn't perfect, but it is my most favourite Transformers series ever. If not my most favourite series of anything, ever.

I can just mull over some of the best moments. For epicness? The rediscovery of the Ark and the Transformers within comes to mind. For that matter, the Nemesis rising out of the depths was pretty awesome. For hilarity? Perhaps Waspinator's legacy of misfortunes, Inferno calling Megatron 'My queen', or Dinobot and Rattrap's exchanges? Of course, we have the more solemn and thoughtful storylines, like Tigatron's temporary defection because of Snowstalker's death, the episode 'Transmutate', or Dinobot's legendary sacrifice; the scenes and stories that truly cement Beast Wars' place among the greats of Transformers storytelling.

I watched it every few months, and now rewatch it at least once every year. The creative spark it lit in me would be responsible for a lot of drawings, inspired characters, and sci-fi plots that I hoped to one day complete. For months afterwards, the things it gave me would creep into my imagination and work. It still inspires me to this day! And all Transformers fans have to be thankful for the life it injected back into the franchise. I'll probably watch the whole series once more, in these coming days, to celebrate its 15th with the rest.