Beast Wars 10th! What can you do!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Terrorcon0, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Terrorcon0

Terrorcon0 Transformers Rock Star!!!

News Credits:
    Well it is the same! DVD's Transformer's, GI Joe's Star Wars, it is the same they all come with packaging. I ask why would you give your hard urned money that you worked for to Hasbro for free? Many people that are collectors collect the entire product not just the item inside. I am not going to sell my figure anytime soon because I live for Transformers,(keeps me sane) but if I do want to sell them for the best possible price in return on my investment especially with the time and paitence I put into finding these figures in the first place.

2. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

No, a DVD is not the same. Not at all. A DVD case is necessary to keep the DVD in good condition. Whereas a Transformer can be stored safely with other Transformers together in a large container.

DVD cases are also designed specifically for easy storage together, as you can fit many of them on a single shelf, and the side of the DVD case allows you to easily find the DVD you want, much more easily than finding a single DVD in a pile of loose DVDs (and all the DVDs would get scratched up and not play eventually when loose like that).

Transformers boxes, on the other hand, are large, bulky, and can only display together if you've got a LOT of room to do so. Which most of us don't. So the boxes go in the trash.

3. Terrorcon0

Terrorcon0 Transformers Rock Star!!!

News Credits:
    Well that still does not answer the question why throw away your money? Even if it is not the same to you. It cost money to make those packages which you pay for when you give your money to the cashier. Hell in that case then Hasbro should just stick a sticker on the figure that has Transformers on it and a sticker with a upc code label for the price, eliminating the packaging all together. Oh wait then they would not make the extra cash off of you and bank, making them one of the largest toy manufactures in the USA. America the land of shopping to fill up the Landfills. Plus enviromentally how long does it take to degrade a Transformers Package?

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If by that you mean the throw-away inside plastic (I open all my Transformers)
    then it's just this side of forever.

The comedain George Carlin once posed the existence of humans was based on the Earth's love of plastic. If humanity were to vanish, it would be a new matrix, The Earth plus Plastic!

I used to throw boxes/cards away, but I keep them now. The new stuf has the Bio information on it since Hasbro is too cheap to make real Tech-Spec/Bio Cards anymore. Plus I like the artwork. I think the artwork and Bio information should be preserved with the collection.

5. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

well, I collect toys, not packaging. With that mindset, I think the packaging that Victoria's Secret uses on my wife's underwear is great, but I like seeing it much better actually being used.......:) 

6. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got the Waspinator and cut the plastic twist ties and got him out. I didnt have to cut the plastic tray and could place him back in and close the box and it would look as if it was not opened. But I cut the tray to get the Transmutate part out. I didnt have to rip up the package, so I could put everything back and you would have to look close to tell it was removed.

7. JCurwen

JCurwen Now with 10% more ego!

I do clip artwork and bios from the box, but the rest, IMO, is worthless. It takes up space that I don't have. Into the trash it goes.

I may be throwing away a small amount of money by doing so, but it really doesn't matter to me as long as I have the toy, the artwork, and the bio.