Beast Wars #1

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Boo, Feb 15, 2006.

1. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

I LOVED this book it seemed to be going at a good pace story wise with no intention of slowing down. The art is some of the best Ive seen can't wait to see what names are given to some of the Japanese characters

2. Galvatron 88

Galvatron 88 The Greatest of Cybertron

has anybody noticed that big(mammoth) convoy is sitting next to magmatron????

3. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Yeah, manga storyline when BWNeo was out said they were both created from Unicron so in a way they are brothers. So seeing them chumming up doesn't bug me any.

4. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure they were chumming up, so much as serving on the same judicial review board.

All in all, I really liked the issue too. To heck with WWI Prime and Megs, I'm much more interested in seeing a Cybertronian version of Magmatron now. :) 

So far, the plot seems a lot more coherent than anything DW had going... and yes, that is kind of weird, seeing as how they brought over the same writer. The IDW G1 stuff has been ok, but the story seems kind of slow so far; with the BW story they seem to have jumped in with both feet. The artwork is great, and I'm thrilled to see several favorites of mine like Polar Claw, Wolfang and Optimus Minor (monkey madness!) making appearances.

Fingers crossed that they can keep it going!

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

As a non-beast wars fan, I can say with some authority that it was... ok.

6. Galvatron 88

What I was trying to say did you notice Big Convoy??? No one seems to have really noticed him except for me from what posts Ive read... anyways everybody else seemed to be talking about lio convoy, I was suprised that they had him in their, but was also really suprised when they showed big convoy as well!

7. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I noticed Big Convoy. And DON, I love how you vehicularized them for the Cybertron scenes. Any chance of seeing some vehicle modes in the near future? I especially want to see how you put that robotic lion head on Lio Convoy's tank mode.
    So what covers did you guys get? My local shop is small so they only get 2 copies of everything, so I only saw the Primal and Wraparound covers. I probably would have picked up the Megatron cover had I seen it since I love the character, but I'm glad I picked up the wraparound. The level of detail is fantastic.
    I hope that Retrax gets some actual chracterization. He was one of my favorite toys based on his bio alone.

8. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I think if these sell good they should do a comic of how the Beast wars became beast machines. In the cartoon they really didn't explain how. It won't change anything.

Will somebody send me picture of the actual cover of the megatron and optimus please.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best parts were the pre-Beast Wars designs (especially Manterror's) and Optimus Minor with the banana-- the expression on his face was priceless, too. "Jigga wha?"

11. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just picked up the wrap-around cover at my local nerd...ummm..i mean comic shop, and then rushed home and read the book.

HOLY CRAP!!! Eventhough I've already seen and read most of the book (due to all the leaked preview issues), this book was just puuuuuuure sex all around.

Don...I'm not gay in any way....but I think I love you! You're art is just beautiful...simply beautiful.

Can't WAIT til next month for issue 2!!

-Shifty

12. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Ah...Furman's writing it. No point in reading it then. I don't need the same crap that's been regurgitated by him for 20 years.

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Hey DON who owns your original designs used in hasbro licensed comic books?

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Dont forget, Grimlock is gonna show up too.

15. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True. But don't keep yourself from enjoying Don's amazingly beautiful pencils on this book. Think of it as $3.00 a month for poster quality artwork on every page. Yes, it's that good!

16. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Oh, I have nothing bad to say about the art or coloring. All I've seen is top notch work.

17. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I actually just read this at a restaurant downtown with a martini in the other hand. I thought it was a nice start, and I like how there are quite a few TFs all thrown in at first and everything is tied together. I hope we get more character specialization as the series progresses though.

18. Galvatron 88

I dont get the whole time displacemet thing how does it work???

Can someone explain it to me???

19. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Nice art, I like the presentation of the storyline, although it remains to see if the actual plot will be any good. Infiltration has been pleasently surprising, so I am hopeful.

20. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

It is a relatively uncommon though previously used sci-fi plot device. In time displacement, the user is slightly out of synch with normal time-space. This makes them invisible and incorporeal to everyone who is in synch.