Beast megatron and cyclonus on Instagram

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by transform75, Sep 23, 2020.

1. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Jazz is in SS86 due to the cost associated with Hasbro getting the Porsche license for alt mode. Similar to how all the SS figures have additional budget costs to pay fees to the movie designers and Michael Bay.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Urizen123

Urizen123 I toast, therefore I am.

Ah. You are correct.

[​IMG]

I'm sure you'll agree though, there is a significant discrepancy in the apparent length of the alt-mode between the two images - so you can see where one might be misled into believing there was a mis-transformation somewhere.

The factor I didn't take into account was foreshortening. In the image on the right there is significant perspective distortion. Compare;

Transformers-Toy-Panel-2020-0272.png

The red lines indicate the foreshortening. There is so much perspective distortion occurring (due to the viewing angle/type of lens used) that the top of the section indicated by the upper green line on the left image falls well below the top of the same section in the image on the right.

Still, despite a minor gaffe on my part, the outcome (and my enthusiasm!) remains the same; that initial leaked image of the uncoloured test shot was misleading, and not representative of the alt-mode's excellent proportions.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. PixHell

PixHell FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN

Ok, maybe this thread is the wrong place to say that, but am i the only one who's planning to get an extra megs just to repaint it as a JP t-rex? This is literally the most accurate t-rex design we ever got.
    I made a comparison with a prime 1 studio statue (seems to be the most accurate to the movie), there are some differences on megs (shorter tail, different shape for the teeth and weird lips) but they are pretty close, so...
    WFC mega compared.jpg WFC mega compared 2.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I'm sure Hasbro's been elbowing Universal for a T-Wrecks and and as of yet unnamed Hound retool two pack, much to Mattel's annoyance.

• Like Like x 3
  5. PixHell

"Predacons in the mirror are closer than they appear"

• Like Like x 5
  6. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will we get Rhinox?

7. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yes, there will be a Voyager-class Rhinox in Kingdom.

• Like Like x 3
  8. PixHell

I can't imagine something better than the last rhinox, not even a masterpiece. They will have to put a lot of effort on it to impress me, the only issues of the last one were the rhino head design (mostly, its mouth) and the rhino butt transformation.

But rhinox is not even close important as dinobot. I NEED A REALISTIC VELOCIRAPTOR TRANSFORMER RIGHT NOW DAMMIT.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Kingdom Cyclonus would be perfect ,for jet mode and also how chest is accurate to toon besides bunny ears are always them for others amusement,poor him :D  !
    But is true that Cyclonus toys have always had a gloomy and often,just as in Kingdom,humanoid face but for me real Cyclonus is the one of Webworld ,with face very similar to Galvatron and no goatee because for any beard there is already Scourge.

In this case I'll buy bot at the end because is too much an improvement of CW version and sadly I'm forced to accept that about him,face designed by toy designers isn't meant to be similar to Megatron or Galvatron as instead I'd like.