Beast megatron and cyclonus on Instagram

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by transform75, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Inf

Inf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Eh, weapon doesn't transform into a proper cheetah butt

2. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

I wonder if Warpath is in Kingdom because of his time travelling adventures in the G1 cartoon? Galvatron and Cyclonus time travelled in the Marvel UK comics, but I'm not sure if there's any tenuous link for the rumoured Inferno and Pipes...

3. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Going the Jurassic Park route for the design(eg skull shape) is a liiiiiittle lazy (everyone does it to the point of tedium for me) but Megs has a real nice look

And since it came up and I AM a palaeontologist...

I would love for a fully feather Dinobot but given A the goal of show style robot modes and B the fact there is no way in hell the Kingdom show will have the budget for animating hair let alone feathers, its never going to happen.

As for whether a rex should have them thats actually a subject for debate. Skin impressions suggest T. rex had bald skin but we can't be sure of if this meant the whole body or that the feathers were spread out. Most up to date artwork goes bald but that's just interpretive. And we have concrete evidence that large tyrannosaurids not only could have feathers they could possess a thick full body coating.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello All-

Liking what I see! Megs is super nice, and Rattrap has been upgraded to near perfection. Cyclonus is beautiful. As for Cheetor- will we get blue and green eyed versions? Seems like a subtle RC option to milk the mold.

Galvatro

• Like Like x 1
  5. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy The “Blue Text” Spammer

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It is likely the most large Tyrannosaurs did not possess full coating of feathers. There are skin impressions which showed completely scaled skin. Juveniles and primitive Tyrannosaurs like Guanlong and Yutyrannus most likely had feathers.

[EDIT]
    A 2017 study reviewed known skin impressions of tyrannosaurids, including those of a Tyrannosaurus specimen nicknamed "Wyrex" (BHI 6230) which preserves patches of mosaic scales on the tail, hip, and neck. The study concluded that feather covering of large tyrannosaurids such as Tyrannosaurus was, if present, limited to the upper side of the trunk.
    Okay, I’ll try not to hijack the thread with paleontology :D 

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mustbuyfaster.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's anatomically inaccurate about the JP skull shape?

• Like Like x 1
  8. XaxisGuy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It’s not really just the skull shape but rather the reconstruction. The head of the JP Tyrannosaurus rex is a little shrink wrapped. The actual T. rex has much more muscles attached to its overall body as well, making it more robust than how the movie depicts it. It’s wrists are also pronated, which is inaccurate and is one of the greatest problems with JP/JW dinosaurs besides their behavior.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  9. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Yeah thats the study I was thinking of. But I was talking with some people behind the scenes and there's some uncertainty regarding those.

I actually don't think Tyrannosaurus was very likely to have a full feather covering for a few different reasons some of which related to size (Yutyrannus is big but T. rex is just massive for its size) but I never give an idea more than 95% certainty. I published something once and was proven wrong like a month later XD

Also Yutyrannus is just amazing.

There's some things with the line of the skull and the dentition that aren't accurate and they've made the skull a bit boxier than real life. Like there's plenty of other little details I won't go into but for me its the fact EVERYONE does it. Sometimes to the point of just copying official art work. I'd love to see a more creative interpretation sometimes. As much as I love my girl Rexy.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

To translate this a little for people who don't understand what's meant by the wrist position terms: basically, real theropods probably had their hands facing inwards towards each other. Most dinos shown with the "palms" of their hands facing downward (or pronated) would have to have their wrists broken to achieve that position IRL.

• Like Like x 5
  11. XaxisGuy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I completely agree. I’m leaning towards the featherless side based off its size and multiple recent studies. Tyrannosaurus rex were one of the largest theropod and possibly the heaviest as well. Also yeah Yutyrannus is epic :D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does that mean that megs is accurate beside the pronated hands? Could Dinosaurs potentially pronate their wrists like humans i.e. do they have radial and ulnar bones with rotation at the elbow?

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They were unable to rotate their wrists.

This also goes for Velociraptors. Hands positioned permanently with palms facing each other, for grasping (as they lacked opposable digits, so had to do so two-handed instead).

• Like Like x 4
  14. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, I don't know if I have it in me to cut them off and superglue them in proper position

15. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I'd probably care about the inaccuracies if at this point it wasn't just like complaining about Romans always depicted wearing red tunicas and segmentatas - pissing in the wind.

Besides, dinos are cooler as inaccurate prehistoric "dragons".

• Like Like x 3
  16. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Can you hear that? It's the sounds of our resident digi-bashers, hard at work, putting together pictures of T-Wrecks and Shadow Panther for us to enjoy.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Temp Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why would they have done that when it's an anniversary year for the movie? They obviously wanted to pay homage to both the movie and Beast Wars

• Like Like x 2
  18. XaxisGuy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nope. The wrists of the theropod dinosaurs prevents them from being able to pronate their wrists. Also this is one of the factors that went against the quadrupedal Spinosaurus back in 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Hm Cyclonus face reminds me a little more of his toy. When I think of his cartoon appearance I think of the shadows below his eyes. Is the translation for that in english eye rims? That's what google says :lol  And a little less squarish chin, it should narrow down a little. But if I get the new Cyclonus, I will put my Challenge at Cybertron Cyclonus to my MTMTE crew. Now if only I could get a MTMTE head still for it. I never got one, because he was supposed to be 2nd in command to Galvatron and not the Lost Light version. But as I love his toy, I intend to keep my old Cyclonus as well.

And what I love about Beast Megatron: I always wanted a cool T-Rex toy as a kid, but never had one (at least not a cool one), now I can check this box as well, if I get one :D  I mean, OK, I had Grimlock and he's probably the coolest T-Rex ever, because he's a mechanical T-Rex (I also always wanted a Mechagodzilla toy, but I never even had a Godzilla toy), but a realistic looking T-Rex is something I never had.

20. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Out of curiosity, what do you find wrong with Hot Rod? I don't like the yellow hinges at all but it doesn't detract that much from how near perfect a recreation of the G1 design, which I find very commendable, given how even all the high end have stumbled one way or another.