Beast megatron and cyclonus on Instagram

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by transform75, Sep 23, 2020.

1. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

What was the original concept for animated called? Hero or something like that I think. That had some cool designs that could fill out a future transtech line

• Like Like x 1
  2. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I'm hoping he's old leader size, but I really doubt it.

I want Animated Hotshot to get made so bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Transformers Hero.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Im digging the new BW stuff cuz imma gettin pretty tired of the G1 overload.... But thats NOT condoning any Armada, Energon, or Cybertron nonsense! :lol 

Maybe its the fact that they revealed Cyclonus NEXT to these BW toys... Im just not interested in Cyclonus now! :lol 

Wait for a 3P version. It'll happen.

Personally, I have no space for giant TFs (other than the Titans, of course!). U could pair this Megs with Legends scaled BW toys, no? (I.e. 3P legends BW, until Hasbro decides to pick up that scale as a permanent size class again).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    love that T-Rex mode of Megatron

that pic of Cheetor looking like he\'s striding up Pride Rock is great too

• Like Like x 2
  6. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Can we get a helicopter?

• Like Like x 2
  7. butz

butz slippery when wet

With Galvatron coming too, going to be a whole lot of purple in this line.
    Looks nice though.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Despite the Beast Wars designs never being my favorite designs, I actually think these figures are quite good looking. They look like the characters while being modernized just a bit. I like seeing them with more panel lines and texture and whatnot. We see that a lot with the G1 cast...but I rarely see the Beast Wars characters in a more modern context. I especially think Megatron looks cool, I kind of wish that toy came out when I was a kid and going through my dinosaur phase.

I think Cyclonus looks okay. I honestly think the 2008 Universe toy (I have the purple 2010/11 version) was a fantastic toy and still holds up well. This looks like a slightly more clunky version of that to me. I definitely won't be getting him because I don't need to replace my Cyclonus...but it doesn't look like a bad toy by any means. I've always liked Cyclonus' design, so it's always nice to see new toys of him.

9. Al221

Al221 Megaman stan

Yeah, I think the time for those kinds of leader class figures are past, although I don't mourn them that much. They were really hit and miss, titans return for example had three leader molds, the Blaster one was great I think, Overlord was alright, and Sixshot was a mess. The Wfc trilogy ones were really fun to play with even at their smaller size, and if we need a toy of a really big character we have commander class. Like TR Overlord was good, but he would be much better suited to commander class, even when compared to the old leader sizes of the Prime wars trilogy. I'd personally have smaller, better toy for my £50 than a bigger, underwhelming one for the same price. Not to say I would be happy getting a Minibot for leader class price, we have to draw the line somewhere, but compare ER Optimus with Potp Optimus and Potp Optimus looks so cheap and clunky in comparison, despite it being less than 2 years since it's release.

• Like Like x 2
  10. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    I must get BW Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  12. Al221

Al221 Megaman stan

I'm really impressed with the visual direction Hasbro have taken with the BW Megatron, like the dino head looks so beautifully sculpted it made me excited for Primal, Rhinox and Dinobot as a result. I can't wait to see Rhinox specifically, I think he will look great.
    I almost like Cyclonus, but it's not the sculpt that bothers me, it's the colours. I guess I just dislike Cyclonus in lavender, because I'm really fond of the Universe Cyclonus' colours. Idk, just makes him stand out more to me, and it looks great in person. I'll probably get this one and paint him up in black and silver as an homage to the Universe one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All these guys look good. Maybe I’ll finally get myself a purple dinosaur. It also gives me hope that Dinobot is going to be really good.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

This Leader BW Megatron looks a bit like a cross between the original BW Megatron and the 10th anniversary Megatron.  

• Like Like x 1
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The Heroes aesthetic was amazing, I’d love to see that revisited.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Btw, if I missed it sorry but, Cyclonus is Voyager class? Skipping on Megs, already have the "other" one. Still looks awesome though.

17. Zi Shan

Zi Shan Well-Known Member

Totally agree, don't forget he actually CONQUERED cybertron and won the Beastwars. Such an EPIC end to both his and Primal's Beast Machines characters. I know a lot of people didn't like Beast Machines but I loved it. It didn't hold anything back as far as characters going over the edge on both sides... see what fighting does to people (nothing like in the threads at all!).

• Like Like x 9
  18. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    This is a popular misconception. BA's interchangeable face actually isn't the mutant mask, but simply a toy accurate version of her face.

Tarantulas' face in the show was modeled after the toy's mutant mask.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MegaGeek

MegaGeek Well-Known Member

Probably a stupid question, is this the first formal confirmation that Netflix will be doing a Beast Wars season?

20. xd Accrocate

xd Accrocate Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango'

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The reason for the carryover is that SS needed something to fill in the gaps or theyd run out of movie characters fast. Earthrise wave 4 was split between Siege wave 5 and all the exclusive. There was a massive change of plans in WFC 3 and that's because of the beast warriors. All the original wfc 3 characters were modified to remove the 5mm holes and blast effect pegs and moved to SS.

I haven't heard too much about the plans in 2022, but Generations looks like it's gonna continue doing new designs while the g1 rehashes are mostly going to go into studio series (although, g1 will not be as present as 2021)