Beast Hunters Toy Line Story Bios

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Philip164, Dec 30, 2012.

?

Do you plan on Buying any BH toys?

1. Yes, all of them

25 vote(s)
    16.6%
  2. Yes, a select few

94 vote(s)
    62.3%
  3. Maybe, I hadn't decided yet

13 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. No

19 vote(s)
    12.6%
  1. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Each Beast Hunters Toy includes a story that unfolds with each Bio on the Toy Instructions. I noticed TFwiki didn't have entries, so here is the known story arc for the Beast Hunters subline. If I made a mistake please point it out with a PM, I do not own most of these toys so I am relying on Youtube videos, pictures, and your post.

Ch 1 Deluxe 1 BUMBLEBEE (Retool/Repaint) TFwiki
    With the threat of PREDAKING looming over them all, every AUTOBOT dedicates himself to discovering some means of battling the PREDACON overlord. But it is the scout BUMBLEBEE who discovers what may be the key to victory. Buried deep within data recovered alongside one of the Iacon Relics he finds evidence of a derelict transport starship – a courier pack with weapons more ancient than any relic yet recovered – set adrift ages ago among the asteroids girdling Earth's solar system. With no other way to reach the ancient ship, and not wanting to waste time, he contact WHEELJACK, hoping the AUTOBOT mercenary can provide transport and – if it turns out to be a trap – an extra blaster.​

Ch 2 Deluxe 2 SOUNDWAVE (Retool/Repaint) TFwiki
    There is no transmission so secure that it will not yield to the tender decryption of SOUNDWAVE. Such is the case with the conversation between BUMBLEBEE and WHEELJACK, and so, within minutes of the two AUTOBOTS blasting off for the distant asteroid belt, MEGATRON and PREDAKING also set course for the ancient weapons cache. SOUNDWAVE remains on Earth, patiently monitoring AUTOBOT transmissions, assuring his leader that they are indeed alone. It is an opportunity to not only destroy this pair of AUTOBOTS, but also to secure weapons that ensure victory over the rest – an opportunity arranged with patient satisfaction by the DECEPTICON data Master.​

Ch 3 Deluxe 3 LAZERBACK TFwiki
    Even as he floated helpless in the darkness of the Hyperevolution Chamber, LAZERBACK could hear what Happened around him. He heard much of what SHOCKWAVE said in his strange voice, and he knew before he emerged what his plan would be. Now, freed from the chamber, he is no longer interested in what the DECEPTICON scientist who cloned him has to say. LAZERBACK refuses to serve under anyone, not an overlord like MEGATRON, or a conqueror like PREDAKING. Instead, he is determined to see chaos reign. Stealing a tracking device from the lab, he blasts off hoping to see chaos made king by the destruction of two tyrants who stand in his way.​

Ch 4 Deluxe 4 WHEELJACK (Retool/Repaint) TFwiki
    WHEELJACK is willing to admit that he didn't think much of the idea that some kind of ancient Cybertronian arsenal was hidden in this solar system's asteroid belt. But now that the pitted, Timeworn hulk of what is obviously a very old starship fills his view screen, he's got to say he's impressed. What's more, his sensors detect vast reserves of power in the old ship's hold. When he and BUMBLEBEE go aboard, neither of them is surprised when they find dozens of crates filled with strange weapons. Unfortunately, they are surprised when they turn to begin loading their ship, only to find MEGATRON and PREDAKING blocking their way.

Ch 5 Voyager 1 OPTIMUS PRIME TFwiki
    The moment the distress call sent by WHEELJACK crackles to an abrupt stop, OPTIMUS PRIME springs into action. He orders AUTOBOT RATCHET to overload the ground bridge enough to send him – alone – deep into space to join the fight against MEGATRON and PREDAKING. Ignoring the AUTOBOT scientist's warnings that doing so will fry the bridge, leaving the AUTOBOTS without fast transport on Earth, and OPTIMUS PRIME no way home from space, he leaps into the glowing ring. Instantly, he finds himself in the swirling chaos of combat, fire lashing the air and smoke obscuring his optics. In the space of a moment, his warrior's mind grasps the situation, and he leaps into action, firing every weapon at his command at PREDAKING, hoping to give BUMBLEBEE and WHEELJACK the time they need to escape.​

Ch 6 Voyager 2 PREDAKING TFwiki
    Even as his blasters spew nova-hot flame across the quickly melting walls of the ancient starship, PREDAKING scans the cargo hold for signs of the powerful weapons the AUTOBOTS have come to find. So focused is he on holding off OPTIMUS PRIME and accomplishing his goal that he does not see the skulking form of LAZERBACK, flitting from shadow to shadow. No one does, in fact, and even as battle rages, the PREDACON saboteur manage to plant enough explosive to utterly annihilate the derelict ship. When the charges detonate, all of the combatants are caught off guard. PREDAKING watches as his AUTOBOT opponents escape with a precious few of the weapons crates in their possession. Only when he turns to make his own escape from the disintegrating starship does he see MEGATRON, surrounded by fire, plunge helplessly through the damaged floor, followed by hundreds of tons of debris.​

Ch 7 Deluxe 5 STARSCREAM TFwiki
    When PREDAKING returned to the Nemesis speaking of mysterious explosions and the disappearance of MEGATRON, all optic sensors immediately turn to STARSCREAM. The Air Commander had long coveted the command of the DECEPTICONS. It was obvious to everyone that STARSCREAM must be responsible. Now, he finds himself hunted and alone, cut off from the other DECEPTICONS who believe him to be an assassin. STARSCREAM finds himself where he never thought he'd be – hoping MEGATRON turns up safe and sound, if only so his name be cleared.​

Ch 8 Deluxe 6 RIPCLAW TFwiki
    Even before she fully shakes off the disorientation of emerging fresh from the Hyperevolution Chamber, RIPCLAW can hear the smooth, strange voice of SHOCKWAVE. “PREDAKING is alive,” he says, “but in danger. Enemies known as AUTOBOTS have stolen weapons powerful enough to harm even the king of the PREDACONS. RIPCLAW needs to hear nothing else – she blast out of the lab and into the sky, turning her ultra-sensitive snout into the wind, sniffing for any hint of the stolen weapons. Instead she finds LAZERBACK, smiling his cunning grin. “Whatever the DECEPTICONS told you is a lie, my dear,” he tells her. “PREDAKING is long gone. But that's no reason we shouldn't destroy the AUTOBOTS – and the DECEPTICONS along with them.”​

Ch 9 Deluxe 7 BULKHEAD TFwiki
    BULKHEAD can't deny that the new weapons brought back by BUMBLEBEE are pretty cool, but no one can figure out how to activate them. AUTOBOT RATCHET is working on it in his lab, but BULKHEAD would rather smash stuff than study, so he's been out in the middle of the desert for hours, trying to get the thing to work. He's just about to give up when RIPCLAW plunges out of the sky and smashes into him. Before BULKHEAD can react, the unknown dragon's tail claw grips his chest and rips away a chunk of armor. Even as the big AUTOBOT pounds on his beastly opponent, giving as good as he gets, he feels the poisonous heat of the dragon's mech venom searing his circuitry.​

Ch 10 Deluxe 8 SMOKESCREEN TFwiki
    With BUMBLEBEE injured and BULKHEAD near total shutdown, it's up to SMOKESCREEN to discover where these new and dangerous PRDACONS are coming from. Luckily, the AUTOBOT trickster is also a capable spy, and soon he finds himself creeping through the shadows of a remote DECEPTICON lab. At first, he thinks the place is abandoned. Then he discovers a room lined with large glass chambers, each one filled with a strange, murky liquid, and the vague outline of a beastly machine. Satisfied that he's discovered exactly what OPTIMUS PRIME needs to know, he turns to leave, only to find SHOCKWAVE blocking his way. “You should not have come here,” the DECEPTICON scientist says, raising his laser cannon.​

Ch 11 Voyager 3 SHOCKWAVE TFwiki
    With MEGATRON gone missing, SHOCKWAVE makes the decision to end his PREDACON cloning program. A force of PREDACONS, united under PREDAKING could spell doom for the DECEPTICONS as well as the AUTOBOTS. He is in the middle of shutting down his Hyperevolution laboratory when he spots as AUTOBOT spy hiding in the shadows among the still-occupied chambers. A plan forms in his precise and brilliant mind: Destroy the AUTOBOT and the lab, and lay the blame for the annihilation of the cloning program at the feet of OPTIMUS PRIME and his soldiers. Such an event would drive PREDAKING into a rage that would doubtless utterly consume the AUTOBOTS in its fury.​

Ch 12 Deluxe 9 SKYSTALKER TFwiki
    SKYSTALKER slides from the murky numbness of his Hyperevolution Chamber and into the heat of battle. His Spark aches to join the battle, but his instincts tell him to wait, to understand where he is. Even as the battle between SMOKESCREEN and SHOCKWAVE continues to rage, he takes a moment to look around. He stands in a room full of unfamiliar equipment-a room he nonetheless recognizes as a laboratory. A laboratory in which he-and possibly other PREDACONS-have been experimented on. His cold, calculating mind is suddenly submerged in anger. His wings spread, and a devastating barrage of white-hot discs fly, burning, blasting, and melting all around him.​

Ch 13 Deluxe 10 RATCHET (Retool/Repaint) TFwiki
    AUTOBOT RATCHET scowls at the data discs recovered from the DECEPTICON lab by SMOKESCREEN. Most of them are useless-charred or cracked by the same plasma blasts that had rendered the AUTOBOT warrior himself nearly unable to return to base. But a few have shocking information on them. Information that not only reveals much about the cloning process used to bring the PREDACONS back to life, but also about the secrets of the powerful new weapons recovered by BUMBLEBEE.​

Ch 14 Deluxe 11 DREADWING TFwiki
    DREADWING has known STARSCREAM for too long for the cowardly Seeker to hide from him. Still, when he smashes into his former commander's hiding place, he expects a vicious fight, and surprised to instead find STARSCREAM with his weapons lowered. “Listen!” STARSCREAM says. “Since when do I flee the moment MEGATRON is out of the picture? If he was deactivated because of me, I'd take command! As is my destiny!” DREADWING aches to blast his fellow air warrior to atoms, but he knows STARSCREAM is telling the truth. He levels a finger at the other DECEPTICON. “You will help me find MEGATRON then. Find him and bring him back.​

Ch 15 Voyager 4 GRIMWING TFwiki
    The higher he soars into the unfamiliar sky, the more his mind clears. GRIMWING remembers his time in the Hyperevolution Chamber. He remembers the “lessons” fed directly into his brain by SHOCKWAVE. But he also knows there must be more to the world into which he has been reborn, and he is determined to discover it. That's when his highly sensitive optics spot a Cybertronian signature on the ground below. Judging by the size and power of the stranger, he knows it must be a brother warrior – a kindred spirit. “Yes! Fight!” screeches BLACKBEAK, but GRIMWING shakes his head. “No. We seek knowledge, not battle. For now,” he says, and banks, descending toward the distant stranger.​

Ch 16 Voyager 5 ULTRA MAGNUS (Retool/Repaint) TFwiki
    ULTRA MAGNUS sees the massive PREDACON coming from a mile away. He doesn’t know who the dragon is, and he doesn't care. All he knows is the the dragons are dangerous, and must be defeated. He converts to robot mode and leaps into the air, bringing the Forge of Solus around in a shattering blow that destroy a lesser robot. GRIMWING takes the blow, and is only momentarily fazed. The battle is short, violent, and never in doubt. It ends with ULTRA MAGNUS on the ground, disarmed and barely functional. GRIMWING stands over him. “Pathetic,” he says. “I hoped to learn something from you, but this new race of Cybertronian must all be liars and savages.” He leans down to look into the optics of his AUTOBOT opponent, “Be warned. This world is in grave danger from my fellow PREDACONS. I will restrain them. You and your fellows stay out of my way or be destroyed.” And then he is gone, leaving ULTRA MAGNUS dented and smoking in the dust.​

Ch 17 Ultimate Optimus Prime TFwiki
    With Ultra Magnus the latest casualty of the Predacon assault, Optimus Prime decides that enough is enough. Whether the new weaponry discovered by Bumblebee is ready or not, the Predacons must be stopped. Donning the heavy Firebreath Cyclocannons, Optimus Prime steps outside into the hot desert air, determined to find Predaking and bring him down one way or another. He doesn't have far to look. The Predacon leader has come looking for him, armed to the teeth and ready to destroy every last Autobot. That's when Optimus Prime receives a transmission from Autobot Ratchet. "Sir," says the scientist, "I've figured out how to activate our new weaponry. Sending the information to you now." Within moments, the Autobot leader feels power flowing through him, and he knows even before it begins that the fight against Predaking can only end in victory.​

Ch 18 Ultimate Predaking TFwiki
    PREDAKING faces OPTIMUS PRIME across the desert expanse near the AUTOBOT base, the Infernum Blade humming in his hand. He can see the AUTOBOT leader's new weaponry isn't fully activated, and he knows this is a battle he will win. “No more plots,” he says. “No more grand plans. MEGATRON is gone. I will destroy you, wipe out your AUTOBOTS, and return CYBERTRON to the old ways.” Then his sensors detect OPTIMUS PRIME receiving an incoming transmission – and power surges through the arsenal carried by the AUTOBOT leader. OPTIMUS PRIME looksinto the ancient predator's eyes and says, “this battle isn't over yet.” And PREDAKING, so confident of victory only a moment ago, feels fear for the first time in millions of years.​

Ch 19 Deluxe Arcee (Retool/Repaint)TFwiki
    Coming Soon​

Ch 20 Deluxe Knock Out (Retool/Repaint)TFwiki
    Coming Soon​

Ch 21 Deluxe Vertebreak (Repaint)TFwiki
    Coming Soon​

Ch 22 Voyager Megatron (Retool/Repaint) TFwiki
    Trapped in a tangle of ancient wreckage, his comm unit so damaged that he can monitor what is happening on Earth but cannot transmit, MEGATRON seethes rage. He gropes around in the pitch black silence of the ancient wreck, but he feels nothing but rubble. Until suddenly, his hand happens upon something new. It is the grip of a weapon – unclaimed by the AUTOBOTS raid – one that is familiar, though he never thought he would hold it again. He feels memories stir deep within his data banks, and remembers a time long ago on a world consumed by savage hunger. His damaged systems surge to life. The jagged metal pinning him shifts, then twist and warps, bonding itself with his body, repairing damage, but also changing him. His nightvision systems restored, he looks down at the weapon in his hand. It is an object of incredible power – enough, perhaps, to bring the PREDACONS under control, and do away with the AUTOBOTS for good.​

Ch 23 Deluxe Night Shadow Bumblebee (Repaint of BH Retool) TFwiki
    Coming Soon​

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  2. JediFlaherty

JediFlaherty Well-Known Member

Taking a page from MOTUC. I like it.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I'm just going to be picking up the Predacons for now.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll probably get Wheeljack & Ripclaw. Not sure about the others, but I guess we'll see.

5. bumblebeeprime2

bumblebeeprime2 Banned

News Credits:
    will hasbro post them on there site?

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'll get the Predacons for sure...definitely skipping the terrible spikey remolds.

7. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    I'll be getting Wheeljack for sure because I like that mold and the spikes look like they work. I'll probably get Bumblebee and Laszerback. Soundwave, probably not. Those colors are weird.

8. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I'm planning on picking them up, but please, keep compiling the bio stories here. They are oddly compelling.

9. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Bee and Jackie working together? Just like in the past, nice little homage there without being ove the top with

10. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    I'm already anticipating the remold/repaint/retools of these figs.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    TFWiki has the entires, but you have to have the 'secret' password to see the entires. :lol  They are in our TFW Resources section too...under the Beast Hunter Bots tech info, etc.

I put most of them in the S3 discussion thread in the Prime Forum but nice to see them somewhere else too.

As for buying BH...mostly the show bots, not just any random ones.

12. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i might get a bumblebee because i think he looks cool somehow, and i want the double blasters for FE Bee. Prime is starting to look cool to me as well but i dont think ill actually buy him.

13. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Oddly, I want that BH Wheeljack. Something about the spikeyness(but not over the top like BB) and those red "wings" of his just makes him look cool.

I definitely wanna get the voyager Optimus and Predaking. Not sure about the rest so far.

14. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

Very cool! I was hoping their bios would be a little more fleshed out then what was on their card backs, as those seemed a little short.

Am I alone in wishing they'd have more bios including details about their powers or weapons? That's something I enjoyed from the Generation 1 & 2 days and it seems absent more recently.

-Quickswitch

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Great stuff! I'll keep this bookmarked, I was missing the Soundwave one from our Resources. Well, not anymore, added with full credit to you :) 

16. robodog

robodog Fur, Fangs and Steel

Wheeljack and Bumblebee will be mine. The fact that they're remolds doesn't bother me since I don't own the original molds. And truthfully, even if I did I'd probably still buy the BH versions.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't plan to buy any of the Beast Hunters toys that don't appear on the show, but I can't deny that the new storyline-bios are a neat idea. Hopefully it'll continue into other series.

18. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    I actually really like how all the bios are cohesive and mesh together into a short story. I wish they were each a bit longer though.

I plan get Ripclaw because she looks pretty neat. I'm also looking forward to the massive Predaking figure, but I'll have to see in hand photos of his robot mode first before I make my decision.

I'm somewhat interested in getting my hands on the Soundwave remold as well just for the Ravage and the possability of repaitning him into Soundblaster.

19. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Wait when did Wheeljack become a merc?

I had plans to get Wheeljack, but after watching a review of him I don't really like the new look much. Still waiting on reviews for soundwave, but odds are he'll be a pass too. Probably just end up sticking to the cyberverse line. That class so far has been the only that's actually held my attention throughout the entire Prime run.

20. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    These bios are spoiler tastic. So now we know what the deal is with the new BH look. And we thought the relic hunts would be over. ha.

I'm strongly inclined to now think, from reading the bios, that the look won't stretch to every character. Relief for those who don't like it.