Beast Hunters to air in Singapore free-to-air channel on 15 Mar (spoiler alert)

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by kwweil, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Somehow, the fact that Predacons are an ancient Cybertronian subspecies gives me hope that there will be more of them.
    I don't know why but I absolutely LOVE Ultra Magnus and I want that BH toy right now.
    I'm really sore about the fact that he's NOT the PRID design, because now that one is obsolete.

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I agree it's a shame that Magnus' ship isn't the other design - and what's with Smokescreen's being Dreadwings old ride - is that intentional. Agent Fowler refers to securing assets I wonder if that is Nemesis Prime (an ideal recipient for Optimus' spark perhaps?) and Dreadwing's ship.

Also I noticed Ratchet reacts oddly when called Doctor by June and Wheeljack. and I wonder if that has something to do with Magnus at all as he also called him "Doctor" ?

P.s. Does someone on the animation team for this show like Clowns ?

3. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    About half-way through Cybertron, it's revealed that Earth's mythical creatures were ancient Decepticons that Crosswise eventually hunted down.

4. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

No necessarily-- Shockwave only says that his project had gone untouched in a while due to his absence, and Rage of the Dinobots shows him commanding multiple Predacons all the way back in the immediately post-Exodus period (and since these comics are made by people from the show's actual writing team and are in-continuity). I still maintain that once Predaking properly introduces himself, his status as leader of a faction will come into play. Not that I expect A LOT of Predacons, mind you, but at least a couple. The creators said there'd be several new characters this season, including some "unexpected" ones.

5. ethically1337

ethically1337 Tactical Strategist

So, Optimus was wrong when he gave the matrix to Magnus in G1, where the new Prime turned out to be Rodimus. This time, he's looking to give the matrix to the new-age Rodimus (Smokescreen), but Ultra Magnus just makes so much more sense.
    Here's to hoping!

Also, to anyone still having issues with the lag of the sound, I followed the KeepVid + VLC method. Press J to increase the sound by 1000 milliseconds approximately every 10 minutes. The background noise isn't as distracting as the 5+ seconds of lag there is in the end of soundwave's vid, imo.

Thanks again for posting - thoroughly enjoyed!

6. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    possible explanation to not labeling Magnus as Wrecker leader: Wheeljack and Magnus argued a lot to the point of near-desertion.

When's episode 4 coming out?

7. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! That was a great trio of episodes. If the rest of the season is this good, I will be very happy.

The only thing I disliked was Predaking being portrayed as a mindless beast.

8. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

well at the end, we know that isn't true with the way Predaking looked at Starscream for his condescending tone towards him.

9. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they do have more predacons appearing on screeen, I expect them to either be smaller version of the Predaking, or super simple non-transforming models (like all the Terrorcon zombies from seasn 1!). Only Predaking will get characterization and detail.

10. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone else starting to wonder if "Predaking" will even get a name on the show? Maybe he'll just be "The Predacon".

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Predaking starts to talk like the end of episode 3 foreshadows I imagine he will name himself Predaking.

12. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

That's what I think will happen.

Starscream pisses of the Predacon to the point he transforms into robot mode and grabs the seeker before revealing his name.

13. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

OH GOD! I knew I recognized that pose he was in somewhere, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Big foot ratchet!! :lolol 

But also, I think we will eventually see predaking talk and transform later in the series. That scene felt very deliberate. That scene made me stop and think hm.. This is the kind of scene where a small comment sets something up that will expand in a later episode.

14. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

I think that the thing that went horribly wrong with shocks experiment is, that Predaking is not only a mindless beast, but a fast learner that will turn into his revolting child.

I loved the part where Shockwave cuddled Predaking behind his ear, while the Screamer had his rant against him

15. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
  16. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Not a bad idea, though I prefer to think that he still has the mind of a conqueror locked away in his head, and once his mind is no longer clouded from his long slumber, he'll seek to reclaim his former glory and once again command an army.

17. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Not a bad start.I'm starting to like this Shockwave after it.The chemistry with Starscream is great.

Ultra Magnus seems pretty cool too.Kinda weird there was no mention of him leading The Wreckers.

And I agree with everyone else that there's more to Predacon than meets the eye.

18. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    Is Singapore getting episode 4?

19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought more about this..."movie" and I have to say it's living up to my expectations, less and less.

It's the same locales, same characters, but it feels different. I don't know how to explain it, really, but it just didn't seem very Prime-ish to me.

We've gotten used to Prime (the series) being a certain way, and usually adding new characters into the mix is never a problem, but once this became Beast Hunters and they had to rush their final season, it just strikes as out of place.

Think... The Smurfs, then watching The Smurfs & The Magic Flute. That's how I feel about this.

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    OMFG. That BH premier was EPIC. Just had EVERYTHING.