Beast Hunters - Plans For A New Beast Wars/Machines Cartoon & Toyline

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well it will make Prime Season 3 a lot more interesting than season 2.

2. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If season 3 is fall 2013, then I have a feeling it'll be the last. The next movie is 2014, so that's where all the toys and attention will go...

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Maybe just a rebranding of Prime. To refresh toy packageing.

That is less of a stretch from going immediately to all beasts.

We've had tons of insecticons in Prime lately.

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters would be a neat way to break up the Prime series so it could be resold in chunks for syndication. And a killer way to get Grimlock and the Dinobots in Prime.

4. Smeg

Smeg Well-Known Member

Only because you beat me to it :p  But if a beast theme persists for a few years, it could give me a chance to actually catch up on all the stuff I like.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    That and RID Prime are about the only good Titanium toys there ever were.

6. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    While I LOVE the Beast era, I hope that a cartoon/toyline isn't going to be happening anytime soon because it'll likely mean the end of Transformers Prime and I'm not ready for Prime to end anytime soon.

7. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    It could just be another Prime spin-off show, akin to Rescue Bots, but focusing on guys like the Dinobots, Insecticons etc (plus adding other guys like Thundertron, the Predacons, Terrorcons etc)

8. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    *Bumblebee Used Quick Attack!*

*Barricade Used Stun!*

Gotta catch em all!

While I would love a revival of the Beast Wars, I kind of feel we completed it. For me, Rescue Bots is where it is at for side stories. They took a younger kids show and made it cool. With the title, all I get are images of kids running around finding character XYZ so that they can sell the equivalent of Monsuno/Bakugan/Beywheelz/YuGiOh/Pokemon/Kaijudo/Redakai/Huntix. But, we'll see. Maybe we'll get something good out of it.

9. voltesray

voltesray Substance

Maybe the will bring back Bob Forward and Larry DiTillo to give Beast Wars a proper follow up. Beast Machines was awful!

10. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Well, we already know there's one beast-related toy coming out in the Prime line: Thundertron. And he's part of a new faction.

So, it stands to reason that he's going to have a bunch of other beast-bots rolling with him. Maybe that's who the Beast Hunters will be.

That's my theory.

11. blurrr-ed

blurrr-ed Well-Known Member

sounds perfectly reasonable to assume. hasbro did say they would release non-show characters in an effort to world build (with such a small cast they need to)

ive seen this mythical powerpoint from hasbro, im calling fake, its 90% photoshopped collages and wallpapers from the hub with random font text beside them. unless the hasbro rep was being bloody lazy that day i cry bullshit

12. NLWprime

NLWprime Well-Known Member

beast wars got me into transformers so i really hope this is true

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I'd expect a story arc title about Thundertron to be something more piratey or lifted from Moby Dick or something, given his story is centered around vengeance rather than being a beast-former.

14. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Would be nice if this was the case, what with Thundertron supposed to be a pirate of some sort; he could take on both the 'Bots n 'Cons!

15. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Exactly! That could be pretty exciting. I really enjoy what TF: Prime is doing. I like how MECH is already a de-facto third faction. Adding in some "Beast Hunters" as a fourth faction that's out to get everybody would be really interesting.

16. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    bumblebee will be replaced with cheetor, in the end we still loose

17. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    OMFG YES!!!!!!! I can see it now, Optimus hunting down Organic/Synthetic Mixes in Africa for trophies. *filthy abominations of organics, they must be eliminated*

I'm all for admitting the watching beast wars back in the day was passable but it really is not the god send the die hard fans claim it is. Having stuff like the dinobots or predicons are fine but full out organic modes like in Beast Wars and Beast Machines is kind of disgusting. Hey lets mate arcee with a panther.... I think what all you beast fans want is good story telling which is fine, Prime does that and is as good as BW ever was.

18. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First, thanks for the knee-jerk reaction. Second, why do you assume that I'm just basing my comment on a few thousand "neckbeards on a message board"?

There is this little show called Botcon where the neckbeards like to go to talk all things TF. In fact, some of the creators from Hasbro actually attend the show to interact with all of us neckbeards. Some of them even like to talk about Transformers with the neckbeards and if said neckbeard asks a question in a certain way, (normally in a nice manner) he'll get an answer.

After this neckbeard talked with a couple of them, which I have done for a number of years so I like to think of them as friends, I was told that the Hall of Fame means a good deal to them and they pay attention to the fan response it generates. So when I asked about the love that the HoF was showing for Beast Wars, I was told that they noticed and that the BW fans would be happy with some plans they were working on.

Now I can only assume that this Beast Hunter thing was the plans that were being worked on so I can't tell you for certain about that, but to claim after all of these years with all of the fanwanks in the line, shows, games, etc... that Hasbro doesn't pay attention to their neckbeard fans just shows a lack understanding of how things work behind the scenes. (of course insulting the fanbase by calling them neckbeards while you are posting on one of those said message boards doesn't really help you make your point either.)

19. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    TRUKK NOT MUNKY

[​IMG]

20. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    No I want beast modes. I want transformers that transform into dinosaurs,bugs, reptiles, fish, birds, mamals etc.

Because having King Kong VS Godzilla it ten times more awesome if in the middle of the fight they decide to turn into giant robots and continue to fight.