Beast Hunters Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Feralstorm, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The eyes look stupid in person. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

2. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'll be picking him up to add to the DOTM Wreckers. Head is cool compared to TFP head.

3. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, saw one in person today, and they definitely aren't flattering up close.

Still want one (he'd make a good Wreckloose with some green, brown, and orange paint), but I ended up going with Wheeljack this time.

4. Cogar

Cogar Follower of the Code

Nitro Bumblebee looks more like a DOTM wrecker IMO. He also has a nice color match to use with a couple of Topspin's guns if you don't mind "loaning" them to him.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Got mine today, love it. I hope they do a bigger/more complex version.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This thing's eyes are absolutely terrifying. Holy shit.

7. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had sworn off buying any of these as I don't much care for these Power Rangers feeling theme based toys but when I finally saw them in person I decided that they looked much nicer that I was expecting and so I picked up BB and WJ.

Maybe it was just my lowered expectations going in but I really quite like this new BB. I've never been a fan of auto-morph features in my Transformers as I'm the kind of fan that craves complexity, but I found it VERY satisfying this time. I already own the original RiD BB as well as RiD Hotshot and I really don't care much for those figures, mainly due to the floating head trick and the wobbly shoulder armor, but both of those issues are fixed on this mold and it feels very tight and clean when you transform it. With all the remolding that has gone into this figure I don't actually mind the new simplified roof either except for the lack of transparent plastic for the windows.

The downsides for me are the lack of paint, particularly the back half of the car and the solid color painted on windows. As with the other versions of this mold I also don't much care for the lower legs and the fact that his feet sometimes look very disconnected from his shins.

All in all I'm glad I bought this one. He and WJ have become a gateway to me buying more Beast Hunters figures.

Oh yeah..... I agree that his eyes are slightly horror-inducing.

8. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want this, so bad! I swore I wouldn't get another Prime Bumblebee after the First Edition, but I may have to get this one! :lol  I think I'll have the missiles on his doors pointing down in robot mode when I display him; make them look like arrows for his bow. :wink:  Would anybody who has the figure be able to post a picture of him posed like that? I'm curious as to how it looks...

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I can see how pointing the rockets down might make them look like a Quiver of arrows.

Oh and can anyone who reads this and gets a BH-Bee list if they got two double barrel guns the same or a left and right sided wrist blaster instead?

So far my count is running 2/3rds the same and one third with a left and right sided part

Oh and did you guys know those guns can store the wrist blasters inside the car if the gun barrels are slotted over those little ridged pieces behind his windshield at a slight angle to allow the doors to close still.

10. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the two of these that I have seen, both right pupils are painted juusssst enough off center for it to be flat out weird lookin'.

11. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

new bb to warm the pegs

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No one's warming the pegs just yet, but since the last BH deluxe sold seems to usually be Bumblebee, it has the best chance to be.

Shame too, 'cause as far as I'm concerned, 'Bee is the best of his particular wave of Deluxes.

At least BB isn't being stupidly overstocked like Prime and DOTM.

13. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Weirdly enough, I actually had trouble finding BH Bumblebees until recently. I managed to pick one up today, and am actually quite happy with it. All the new stuff goes a long way toward making it less dull than the original release of the mould, and the teched-out vehicle mode is actually kinda cool.

14. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Im loving this BB. I luv BB to begin with, but this just makes it better.

And might I say good sir, ur sig is quite hilarious :lolol 

15. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I saw one of these in person today. I couldn't help thinking it looked like he was wearing one of those big chicken costumes. I think I prefer his old disguise. Behold. Also thought it was weird that he was all hunched over in the packaging.

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Wish it had clear windows =/

17. Gunshot

Gunshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine in today. Amazingly, this is probably the first Bumblebee that I wanted to buy in the entire prime line !
    Why I like him :
    Look at the number of accessories !!! Even more than most voyagers...
    Head sculpt has been changed too - a meaner looking bee.
    Poses and displays well. Paintjob was not so great - uneven in some areas.

This is one BB that means business ... I just had to buy it ! :lol :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    What does it for this figure is the head. For once, I would say this was one they should have done a voyager of, because that head sculpt with proper paint would be bleeding cool.

Seeing it in person, you're getting a really tiny car with a lot of weapons. He just screams for a decent paint job.

19. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Only if the door and door window were separate pieces. The door paint on the original stuck out like a sore thumb.

20. Arbiter

Arbiter Active Member

I like to pick up at least a few toys/characters from each season/show but I don't know if all the spikes, crossbow, and shitton of missiles really constitute this variant being any better than the original. Of course the fact that I haven't seen anything dealing with BH down here kinda makes the whole thing moot.