Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

Up? Because after I looked it up, all the screencaps of Season 1 Rattrap I can find have the feet positioned like yours; forelegs pointed down, hind legs pointed up, like so:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Latooni

Latooni Terrorsaur enjoyer

Hello everyone. I managed to snag a left BW Grimlock foot recently so I can (hopefully) continue on with my attempt at a custom that replaces his GPS prone parts.

I was wondering, has anyone here taken apart the foot from the Dinobot mould before? I ask because the front part of the foot appears to be held together by glue or something, but I am unsure as to how I should go about trying to seperate it. I've heard that heat helps dissolve glue, but in case that's not what holds it together I'd prefer to avoid melting him if possible.

Does anyone have any tips?

3. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    OH sorry, I must have remembered wrong. :lol 

4. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    That Silverbolt is what brought me into collecting transformers waaaay back in 1998 ! I seen him hanging on a peg hook in Caldores ! ( how many of you remember that store ?! Lol ) Iv been hooked ever since .

5. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Cool! I hope I brought back some good memories.

6. Cyclonus79

Ebay:
    You most definitely did my friend ..

7. Rushin Panther

Rushin Panther Secret Police

Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

SHITTY BACKGROUND TOY REVIEW

Featuring Depth Charge

[​IMG]

You know those figures that are just so good that you just can't stop admiring them? He's definitely one of them. He's so freaking cool! Personally, I think he is the best Ultra class figure we ever got. Remember how dumbass Nightscream was the "cool" character of Beast Machines that everyone hated? Depth Charge is the exact opposite if that. On top of that, he can pull off super hero landing. Yes.

[​IMG]

He is, without a doubt, a masterpiece. And, like all true masterpieces, he is not without his flaws. Two to be exact. They fixed the first with his Universe release: the shark drone gun can't really be held properly because of the tail. It's not even that big of a deal but still mildly annoying. The second is the power pizza disc launcher gimmick. It is a bit intrusive to the overall look of bot mode. It's hidden pretty well from the front by the wings. Besides that, he is pretty much perfect.

[​IMG]

I would say that beast mode is even better. He was so shiny, you could actually see reflections in the chrome. Plus Manta Rays are freaking cool. Absolutely love him. One thing I did notice that was a bit weird was the rub sign thing. Why does he have one at all? He's got giant Maximal symbols on his wings.

[​IMG]

Last and most certainly least, "star hopper" mode. Yeah. I guess this is a star hopper. It sure is a thing. I did enjoy in the show how it was completely unecessary. He routinely flew in Manta mode. Still, two out of three ain't bad. I tried to do a Jetbolt flying shot but couldn't get the angles right so he sits on the desk instead.

If you don't have him already, fix that. You will not be disappointed.

Depth Charge: the Terror that flaps in the Night

Attached Files:

8. Rushin Panther

Todays review also comes with a bonus case of childhood trauma! Sit down, kids, it's story time!

I remember the exact situation when I got this guy. Christmas '98. Me, my parents and my brother and sister had went to my cousin's house for the holiday. My parents usually got us one big gift from them, one smaller gift from Santa and we had a tradition where we draw names for the cousins and get them some gift. It just made more sense than having everyone buy something for everyone else cause of the size of my extended family. My parents had gotten me Depth Charge and I was super excited about it! I remember taking him out and trying to figure out the transformation and whatever. Normal kid stuff. I think I got a little phased out just playing with my new toy and kinda forgot about my other presents cause my dad told me to put him down and open something else.
    The second I put him down, my uncle grabbed him and started messing with him. Like twisting stuff the wrong way and shooting missiles all around the living room. I told him to stop so he didn't break it and he just gave me some line like "I just want to see it, I won't break it." And kept messing with him. It got to the point that my dad actually had to tell him to stop before he would give me back my toy. He then said some bullshit thay because he couldn't play with my toy, I couldn't play with any of my cousin's toys.
    Fast forward a few hours to me and my brother and my two cousins playing nintendo and my uncle comes downstairs. He said something like "So that's how it is" and goes back upstairs. A while later, I went upstairs and he's playing with Depth Charge again and he's got everything shot all over the living room and legs and arms popped off and half transformed and he's acting like he did nothing wrong. I got so mad I just lost it. I think I yelled at him or something and he just kept thinking he was funny. He ended up losing one of the shark missiles and again, he didn't care cause "it's just a toy"
    He ended up leavng my aunt so I don't have to ever see him again but come on. Who takes away a kids toy on Christmas and starts all this petty shit when you're a grown up? Apparently, it messed me up a bit to this day cause I still get unreasonably mad when people mess with my stuff without asking or keep doing something that annoys me like that.

9. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love to see the bot mode on that Primal!

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You oughta take that back for a return - it looks faded to me.

11. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Then my work here is done. :cool:  Glad I could provide your daily dose of nostalgia.

12. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Very nice, did you pay high for him?

13. Cyclonus79

Ebay:
    @ RushinPanther ,

Plain an simple , your ex-uncle is a dick . It's probably the main reason your aunt left his sorry ass . Sorry for your trauma .

14. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

OK, thanks for replying anyway!

Rushin Panther,
    Does Depthcharge's ridiculous back kibble in robot mode really detract from him in any way?

I love the character in the cartoon and think the paint apps and chrome on the toy look fantastic, to the point where I'm fully prepared to spend for a minty one. I'm just unsure about how much space he'd take up due to the stuff behind the wings.

15. Rushin Panther

The kibble does stick out alot. You can see it from the side. The tail does have articulation so you can bend it out of the way for certain poses (like super hero landing) and his weight is over his legs so he isn't back heavy.

As far as taking up space, yeah he is a shelf hog. Depending on your shelf set up, he can like wipe out a quarter of a shelf. I usually end up posing some basic figures around him and under him.

16. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    You are welcome!

17. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man I love this series. Sorry these aren't better, best I could do with simple screenshots while watching. Was going to binge watch the whole show and make more but life stuff interfered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And let it be called... BEAST WARS.

Attached Files:

18. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I lurk this thread a lot but hardly contribute, so I thought I'd post a sketch commission I did at a recent convention(megacon), it was for a sketchbook that solely contained cats, and it turns out the requester was a fan of BW :D 

[​IMG]

If posting artwork is wildly inappropriate for this thread, let me know I'll take it down :) 

Attached Files:

19. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

Great work TGping

20. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

That is really cool TGping if you have any more I'd like to see them. This thread serves as appreciation for Beast Wars as a whole I like to think so I have no problem seeing people post drawings, screen caps, toy pics and reviews. It mixes it up nicely.