Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    WHAT?! That's not what I am saying at all! I just don't want to see our tiny subgroup get torn apart because of elitism. It has nothing to do with my opinions. In case you haven't noticed, I don't care what people think of me on here, or what they think of my opinions.

2. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    munky not trukk

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If the BW fandom is torn apart by MPs, it's only because it was not held together that well to begin with. Introducing MPs won't magically produce animosity where it never existed before, the fans do that.

:I

4. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    When you spend almost two years of people hating on what you say, you just learn to ignore them. :/

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    ^^Look man I hate it when some of my favorite things get ripped a new one 24/7 or when things between fans get ugly but I eventually learned to get by it the best I can. MP BW figures or not there's always going to be fighting amongst the fandom over something. The TF fandom is very infamous for that.

I mean the fact that we're starting to get MP BW figures at all when before we didn't think it'll happen anytime soon if ever is fantastic! Shouldn't that make you happy?

6. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    It would, if I was an MP collector, but I'm not.

7. Rushin Panther

Rushin Panther Secret Police

I came close to killin' you a couple of times when we were younger. Saddens me I didn't.

SHITTY BACKGROUND TOY REVIEW

Featuring Claw Jaw

[​IMG]

Probably the least shitty background I'll ever do... Such a great little figure. I love the first year of basics with the quick change flip gimmick but from the second year on, they just go crazy. Who would think that a freaking squid would make for such a cool toy. My only complaint is that he can only pose in beast mode as laying on his back or awkwardly stading straight up like a squid never does.

[​IMG]

Biting jaw power! One of the coolest gimmicks of the line in my opinion. I wish I had the two repaints but I'm definitely not doling out that kind of cash.

[​IMG]

Awesome bot mode. Pretty much love everything about this guy. He makes a great sidekick to Cybershark. His weapon is a little lacking but he makes up for it by having crazy good posability.

[​IMG]

Holy crap did this last picture not focus! As you can probably not really tell cause of the crappy pic, he can do tons of awesome poses and use his tentacles as extra support. Underwater transformers are the best.

Claw Jaw: crazy squid thing

EDIT: oh shit I forgot, even his face tentacles are independantly articulated! And everyone got so excited when Metroplex had articulated eyes. Pffft!

Attached Files:

8. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I would like to point out that I don't think our subgroup is as tiny as folks may think it is. I would like to think of us as the silent majority. I mean look at previous year's Hall Of Fame inductees. A majority of the fan-voted characters are Beast Wars characters, with what? Four out of the Seven? Dinobot, Waspinator, Beast Wars Megatron, and Optimus Primal, if I'm remembering correctly.. And more people than normal keep popping up in this very thread is another indication, IMO that folks are starting to get more into Beast Wars. It is that magical 20th year, afterall ;) 

9. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I'm not either; All I have is MP Hot Rod & MP Star Saber. Only reason I'm not a MP collector is because they haven't been releasing Beast Wars. Now that that is hopefully about to change, I will be an MP collector. I don't wish G1 fans will stop getting their MP dream figures just because I don't collect them. The Masterpiece line is in my opinion the ultimate release and representation of characters released in that line--literally the absolute BEST Takara has to offer us. Why wouldn't I want that as a Beast Wars fan?
    Why would I want to wish fans of other/same Transformers series neglect from having that happen to their favorite Transformers line/characters?

10. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your name is BeastWarsFan95 and you're not gonna get the BWMP's because you're not a MP collector? If you were born in 95 you are the same age as me and can find/afford how much they cost. Like I don't care that you're not gonna get them at all, it just seems pretty, well not hypocritical, just backwards

I grew up with Beast Wars and its a very important cartoon to me (Aswell as DBZ and Ed Edd n Eddy) So I will be getting those MP's, I don't care what people say or how much they cost, if 3P makes BW MPs then good, finally more Beast War toys to be happy about.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Russain Panther: Now THAT really stings. I loved Claw jaw as a kid, and still technically have him... minus the head, weapon, left leg and right arm. Having a junker is almost worse than not having the figure at all. Several times I've come close to getting him again, and I will, just not yet...

12. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Welp, I finally got most of the recent updates for my reimagined Season 1 collection (I put Universe Dinobot as yet another evil clon for the Predacons and added Cybershark because he has even better articulation than Henkei/Universe Dinobot and just because he rocks).

Now, I just need a 10th Anniversary Ultra Megatron and maybe a Tarantulas to make the Predacon lines bigger (Hoping for some Takara Legends re-releases and hopefully they will do new paint jobs for Scorponok and Inferno as well).

Attached Files:

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I love Cybershark. :3

What Primal is that, the Legends one? I still need to get that as a replacement for my dead Ultra Primal.

14. Rakzo

News Credits:
    Cybershark is indeed great, I wish that other BW figures would have aged as well as him (I'm really interested in both Wolfang and Polar Claw but both are really limited in their leg articulation).

And yes, that's the Legends one, is really good looking and makes me wish that Takara would re-release Ultra Megatron to go along with it.

15. Rushin Panther

I really can't get over these basic class figures with how good they are. I promise I will get some more larger figures going but they are just so damn fun!

Jeez man, you sure are hard on equipment :lol 

16. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    hey rushin panther, can you take a picture of claw jaw with his robot head exploding? thanks

17. Rushin Panther

Do you mean beast mode articulation? I agree with you on Wolfang cause he's basically a statue but Polar Claw can bust a move. Bot mode they are both pretty great though. I posted a while ago a Wolfang vs Manterror fight and a Polar Claw vs a bunch of lizards that showed them off pretty good I thought.

18. Rushin Panther

... I don't know what you mean :confused: 

19. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

20. Rakzo

News Credits:
    I don't know, based on what I've seen he doesn't have thigh swivels right? Plus, his legs don't seem to be able to separate that much.