Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    Transquito

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"They laughed at me, called me hurtful names like "shelfwarmer". Well they'll pay, they'll all pay!"

[​IMG]

"Join me, and together we shall rule the toy isle."

[​IMG]

Predacon Big Bugs

[​IMG]

"Bawhahahahahahahahaha!"

[​IMG]

"I have two reason to burn you: Because the Royalty says so, and because I want to."

[​IMG]

2. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had to glue mine shut. I loved scorponok but mine basically fell apart

3. GrimlockPrimal

GrimlockPrimal Mini-Dino

To be fair, they already did Tarantulas as a motorbike as a Club exclusive, and I don't think FunPub has access to UW Groove's mold.

TBH, I think that it's nice that BW is getting something the fans might want from FunPub; as opposed to a hideously garish Primal Prime-wannabe like what Hasbro's giving us.

Also hoping that the rumors of MP Megs, Cheetor and Rattrap are true, as well.

4. BMBquimby

BMBquimby Tripredacus Agent

I'm one of the guys that paid way to much for Dawn of Futures Past box set, Megatron, Waspinator, and still haven't been able to get Tigatron at a decent price.
    That being said I will be picking this box set up while it is still "decently priced". I will be sad if it just drops in price haha. Oh well guess I'm just a sucker for exclusive Beast Wars figures.

5. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    I know, and it worked better there. You know, if your going to make a Beast Wars Character into a non-beast alt mode, you should try to do something that fits them. :)  IMO I think that the best non-beast alt-modes for the core BW cast would be, disregarding scale of course:

Primal: I don't know why, but I always though a large wheeled off-road truck would be the best fit.

Cheetor: Some sort of Formula racer. Something like CHUG Mirage.

Rattrap: A quad bike or dune buggy.

Rhinox: Some kind of large industrial vehicle.

Dinobot: A "crotch rocket" styled motorbike.

Megatron: A tank.

Scorponok: Also a tank.

Tarantulus: A "chopper" styled motorbike.

Terrorsaur: A Phantom VTOL.

Waspinator: A small helicopter.

6. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

Just a quick question, does Beast Machines Strika have a chromed cockpit, or is it painted? I'm looking into getting one, but I can't tell if the one I want to get has some of the paint rubbed off (Which I can ignore) or is missing chunks of chrome (Which I really can't ignore).

7. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Stay tuned for SOTW #3. We could very well see Tarantulas in the flesh, and hopefully in a Beast-body.

8. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Oooooooommmmmm...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. GrimlockPrimal

GrimlockPrimal Mini-Dino

I think the cockpit is stained metallic paint, not chrome. If it was chrome, there'd be reports of it flaking whenever someone stared at the toy for too long; remember how awful Beast Machines chrome was. :p 

10. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    To be fair, the Botcon Tarantulas does make sense in it's own right. He was Predacon secret police. Armored transport looking vehicle looks the part more than dirt bike:lol 
    Although I really do like FSS Tarantulas to no end either.
    And I think someone made a custom of Cheetor from CW Mirage. And that looked gorgeous btw. Really fit him IMO

I cannot wait! Being a Wreckers fan AND a Beast Wars fan, SOTW #2 was a pleasant surprise!
    I would think they give Tarantulas an organic Beast-body. They did it for Stampy, Clawjaw, Cybershark, and Polarclaw...

11. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Sorry, its just that the sneaky, "works behind the scenes" Tarantulus doesn't scream APC to me. :)  I don't know if this is different in the comics, as I do not read them but I know that they have a habit of radically changing characters. (E.G. Star Saber)

12. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    VICTORY!!!!

Just came back from the comic shop.

See..I had been one of those guys years ago, HATIN..and I mean Str8 Hatin on BW. Now im going back and picking some up, and I tell you..FANTASTIC toys.

I had been looking for a NICE Rampage for 8 Years. Finally got one today, and B'Boom for $45 at the comic shop. Both are MINT with no scratches. They are incredible.

Rampage is a work of art. When I first seen him on a buddies shelf It looked like a giant facehugger. I knew I wanted one. 8 Years later it does not disappoint. Ill never get rid of it.

B'Boom is just cool as all hell. I even love the weapon mode.

can anyone HELP??

My Rampage is missing the small gun, and 3 missiles. Does anyone have parts? Ill pay or trade..whatever..Man im so into BW right now.
    My comic shop just got a massive collection in and I been buying some.

What I have from the shop so far-
    Micro machines Orcanoch and Arachnid playsets, complete
    B'Boom
    Rampage
    2 others I dont know the names of..lol..but commons

What they have I want to get-
    Big Black arachnia
    Trex Megatron
    Dragon Megatron
    Another big black shiny bug guy about as big a the Black arachnia
    Scorponok

Any other suggestions?
    Theres a shitload at DAMN good prices, all mint. Some of the smaller ones look great, like the lizard with the neck frills that pop up..Shiny ones..

So COOL

13. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but your sick...

With Beast Wars-itis! Welcome to the club.

14. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club, Snake_eyes! My recommendations are TM2 Stinkbomb, TM Optimus Primal, Cheetor, and Rhinox, and Tripredacus. If you can also get your hands on either a Metals version or the Armada repaint, TM Megatron is a ton of fun too.

15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    If that Scorpy is complete with two missiles and a working bee, buy it. Don't even think twice. I lucked into meeting a guy nice enough to sell me his for $30 and then looked online and had no idea the deal he gave me.

16. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    will do..WHat do you mean working bee?
    Seriously..These are baddass transformers. I never knew what I was missing. They are build SO well. And the detail is staggering!

17. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Scorponok has a "cyber-bee" in one of his claws, unfortunately, it has a spring that tends to wear our over time, leading to many a Scorponok with a busted bee. His Maximal counterpart, Polar Claw, has a similar issue with his bat/guano gun.

Badass is right. Pretty much everything we have come to take for granted in transformers started with the Beast Wars toys. Integrated accessories, full articulation, size-classes, missile launchers that arnt neutered (yes, G2 did have these, but Beast Wars made them far more common) and so on. Quality of figures was insane, and many still hold up even to this day. Attention to detail rivaled that of the MPs, even where you wouldn't really see it you got veins and mechanical details inside of panels. Such as inside Silverbolts weagle mode shoulders. Although paint apps weren't the best, take Inferno, who aside from some green is mostly red and black plastic, what paint we did get was still good.

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Inferno was red and black plastic but they used an awesome translucent plastic (that'll likely disintegrate someday) and the detailing on his butt rocket gimmick was top notch. Also, B'Boom is the best BW Mega Class figure, so good choice on that. I will fight anyone who disagrees.

The other great thing about Beast Wars were all of the animals that started getting used as alt-modes as time went on. Things we hadn't seen (and haven't seen since).

Heck, Transmetal 2's included a skunk with a giant razorblade tail, a flying squirrel with a sword/sheath, and a chimp named Optimus Minor for no canon reason because why not?

19. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Beast Wars Scorponok at a good price of 11.41 dollars with a lot of other broken BW figures? :p 

20. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree...The quality and attention to detail has blown me away.

Before I would say "A skunk with a razor blade tail? thats stoooopid.."

Now.. I say
    "A freakin' Skunk with a razor blade tail?!?! Efff yea.. IM IN..I need that.."

Got the bug, and ill be grabbing that scorponoc. Pretty sure it was all there. The other, bigger black arachnia was REALLY neat looking in bot mode. The colors and overall LOOK of these guys is stellar.
    At the comic shop, That black arachnia (Or big spider girl fig..im not 100% on all the names) is in a case with other decent, conventional TFs...and that Spider bot just steals the whole show in that case.
    Its like the toy radiates shine and color.