Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 10
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well according to the newest IDW books to come next January it looks like we're getting a collection that's focused on both the G1 and BW Predacons.

IDW Transformers Comic Solicitations for January 2020 - Transformers News - TFW2005

This is pretty curious since that we're now in an age where G1 content is the norm you wouldn't think they'd put out anything non G1 in IDW anymore unless it's movie related. It's making me think this is a sign that as 2021 approaches we'll see more things like this showing up to build hype for a potential BW celebration that year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    My guess is may be they didn't have enough G1 Predacon themed stories to really push the book to 100 pages? Lol
    I find it interesting (and kind of exciting) that they're including the Dawn Of The Predacus story in there, too.
    On top of more Beast Wars stories to come I hope they take it upon themselves to reprint all of the Botcon stuff too.
    Be exceptionally great if they could do the 3H stuff too. And finish up that damn Primeval Dawn story! Lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, primeval dawn needs to be finished as does the original intended trilogy of idw bw miniseries, the 3rd about megatrons takeover never materialized

• Like Like x 2
  6. CharlieTearz

CharlieTearz Member

Ebay:
    I've got him ordered. Hoping he'll be here Monday or Tuesday. I guess that's one way to make the Weekend last forever....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I'm not really a fan of Beast Wars The Gathering. I'd love to see Beast Wars get more attention from IDW though. Does anyone know if their new rebooted Transformers is any good?

• Like Like x 1
  8. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it is slow, with at times iffy art, but it is far from horrible and seems to be picking up the pace a bit recently

• Like Like x 2
  10. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Thanks, I'll skip it until someone says it's good. The original run was a disappointing waste of time and money until Roberts got his hands on it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Hop in, bitches, we're updating the checklist:

Got myself that Optimus Primal and K9 at my GF's behest, and I'm glad I did. The list grows shorter my dudes, only 39 figures left, only 29 if you just count mainline releases.

It's slow and boring, and hardly much different from old IDW. many of the same characters and concepts, without any new "twist" on the story. There's really no reason to read it unless you just need a new Transformers comic for the sake of it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Haha I didn't even know they were going for a trilogy. I remember Megatron landing at the end of Ascending but never paid it too much mind.
    I'll be honest. I liked the way 3H told those stories more than what IDW gave us with theirs. I generally tend to ignore the IDW stuff when I'm talking with friends about Beast Wars characters and stories lol
    Super slow burn. Nothing even remotely compelling.
    The Bland New Era needs some work.
    That said; Galaxies #1 much to my surprise was really good. The book I looked forward to the least, and had little interest in was more exciting than the main book. Then something is wrong with the main book lol.
    12 issues gave you about 3 issues worth of content. And that's being generous. They need to get that dude that's writing it on to some other nonsense. Writing TFs just ain't for em lol

13. Predaconcept

Predaconcept Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    So I had my home photographed this week, and wanted to share these shots with you guys. I list it on AirBNB when I go away for the weekend/vacations as a nostalgic escape in a unique space. Guests love the childhood flashbacks this room provides and so far no one has stolen or damaged any of the bots. Although I do hide away the masterpiece collection just in case when it's rented.

22-0022.jpg 19-0019.jpg 18-0018-edit.jpg 3-0003.jpg 6-0006.jpg 17-0017-edit.jpg 16-0016.jpg

I built all the live edge shelves above the couch and desk too. Nothing beats modern taste with vintage toys. Hopefully this will inspire you some of you to go beyond the ikea products and old book shelves.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

If I was Brazen enough to display my toys around my house as opposed to just in my tire room, my wife would be inspired to castrate me.

However, if I could ensure that my stones will be safe, I would so do that too.

• Like Like x 4
  15. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you can tell it was supposed to be a trilogy based on the end of ascending (the 2nd miniseries) because the protoform maximals and predacons are still stranded on pre earth and megatron showed up on cybertron to take over. i have long believed that the idw bw comics were adapting the general 3h comics, gathering and ascending covered certain aspects of reaching the omega point and primeval dawn, a 3rd miniseries likely would have continued and finished the pre earth setting, including bringing tigatron and airazor back to life since that was in the idw source book, and also include megatron meeting up with cryotek, stealing the virus and taking over, but thats just my own thinking on how a 3rd mini would have gone

• Like Like x 2
  16. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Hobby Quiter

To rebuild my Beast Wars collection or not to rebuild?...

Decided to get these guys off ebay since I'm not finding shit for siege.

20191026_170113.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Rebuild.

I am absurdly jealous of not only the setup, but all the Megazords and the pure cleanliness and organization of it all.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Powerbomb

Powerbomb "Brouhaha"

I'm sure everybody in this thread would like to see more of those Rattrap and Silverbolt customs, if possible.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Predaconcept

Predaconcept Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I'm pretty sure I did a photo break down of Silverbolt many pages back. Maybe in my account history? Did a quick look and didn't see an easy way to search it, but I used this guys video to get an understanding of how.

I then opted to not glue anything or concern myself with transforming it back, since i've got a few extras. I used a velcro sticker to attach the wings to his back. Did the same with Rattrap too actually.

Rattrap was a lot more work. Knocked out a pin (first time!) then I think re-added it after removing some parts. got the bot and backpack separated, flipped it, velcro in place, glued the rat face to his ass (back of rat body). Arms appear to be glued to his chest. wasn't too bad.

20. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

I did the Silverbolt mod 4 years ago. I used Primal Sabbath's video, and as long as you follow it to a T, you can transform it just fine. I haven't tried Rattrap yet.