Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    theres also the non show tm2 tripredacus agent

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

I missed out on him

3. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Thanks! And I hope to sooner rather than later! Lol
    Awesome, and bummer all at the same time!
    Welcome!
    Unfortunately I haven't really had that sort of change. Growing up with Beast Wars and having my older cousin talk about how they used to be vehicles, as well as having a few G2 minibots as a kid, and thanks to Beast Machines, I was always open to both animal and vehicle coexisting. I will say though, originally I was hardcore against TF Animated and I eventually came around to enjoy it. Only got a handful of the toys, but still turned my opinion around once I gave it a fair shake.
    A lot of folks have given you some for sure great stuff. But I'm gonna rail a line of crack real quick and talk about how the entirety of Transmetal 2 line is just pure awesomeness. Ramulus, Jawbreaker, Nightglider, Stinkbomb, Cheetor, Dinobot, Scourge, Scarem, Iguanus.... All top notch in my opinion. But. Research em a bit at first... See if they're something you're after aesthetically lol!
    Basically this... Neither X9 nor Reformatted will get you a perfect show style Ravage, but I think they're both close enough and will work well in the display.
    I have X9 and I plan on getting the MMC when it comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Zethrofax

Zethrofax G1 Traitor

that's a great assortment! There are so many I am interested in. Beast wars has such striking designs. I know it's a lot to ask but would you mind identifying them at some point? It would be really helpful for tracking down non show figures for a BW neophyte like me.

6. Zethrofax

Zethrofax G1 Traitor

I was already going to grab the MMC version, but thank you :)  maybe I will just grab the cheetor since it's far reasonably priced.

7. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    WOW @Zi Shan those displays are gorgeous!!!

8. Zethrofax

Zethrofax G1 Traitor

Interesting I was pretty open to animated but I can see how the stylization could be too much initially for sure. My current incarnation of TFs I can seem to get on board with is the Movies style, I dont dig the characterization or designs so I have nothing to grab onto, and I have tried...

I am here for the transmetals in general. i never realized how badass they all seem to be until today, this is going to be a huge problem haha

9. Scarlet knight

I'll identify who i can @Zethrofax
    Top row OG Primal 10th anniversary Primal TM1 Rattrap BM Blackarachnia Magnaboss OG Cheetor
    Ramhorn?

Second row Fuzor Silverbolt TM1 Primal (the best primal in my opinion) Depthcharge OG Rhinox TM2 Blackarachnia TM1 Rattrap Universe Dinobot TM1 Cheetor Airazor (repaint i think)

Third row TM1 Megatron (most likely the Takara version because that one doesn't melt in your hands)
    TM1 Terrorsaur Fuzor Quickstrike TM1 Tarantulas Takara Rampage OG Inferno 10th anniversary Waspinator (i think)

Fourth row OG Megatron (yeessss) 10th anniversary Megatron TM1 Waspinator Tripredacus

Bottom row Optimal optimus primal TM2 Cheetor
    Tigerhawk TM2 Dinobot TM2 Megatron MP1 or MP10 Optimus prime

I removed the quote so you can see the pictures

The original season 1 Optimus Primal (black or 10th anniversary one) with all the spring loaded guns/chest pounding action/sword spinning gimmick/mace/missile firing and storage blows any beast wars toy out of the water even today. Even though I loved the Masterpiece version of Primal, it was still a disappointment since I was used to the numerous gimmicks as above.
    All the show's Transmetals are solid toys. Even some that were not in the show (such as Terrasaur, Waspinator, especially Rhinox) are brilliantly done. Kudos to the toy designers back then. Nothing has come close in terms of quality since then.
    I'll try to load some pics with a couple of customs.
    Have fun collecting.
    View attachment 28417361 View attachment 28417363 View attachment 28417364 View attachment 28417372 View attachment 28417385

10. Zethrofax

Zethrofax G1 Traitor

wow thank you very much, I really appreciate the effort! This will help me go broke much faster haha

I particularly am loving the Transmetals.

11. Scarlet knight

You're welcome i'm happy to help They are a blast

12. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the transmetals are amazing. they are pretty close to being comparable to today's quality figures (CHUG not MP). TM Optimus Primal is a near perfect figure. If his beast mode head rotated, it would be a perfect figure. TM Megatron is AMAZING but you gotta get the Takara version since they use different plastic than Hasbro and the Hasbro plastic has GPS so if you look at the figure the wrong way, it will crumble. I have the takara version and he is aces. TM Rattrap is great if you get the shockwave lab gun (I may have an extra I can sell you for cheap). TM Cheetor is great. Rampage is great. Depth Charge is great.

Here's what I use for my BW figures

Season 1

Optimus Primal - Robotmasters (he's about deluxe sized and the robot mode is SPOT on)
    Rhinox - Chug Rhinox
    Rattra - CHUG Rattrap
    Cheetor - the original BW Cheetor is still a pretty good figure
    Dinobot - I hate the universe version, and the original is kinda dated. SO I am hoping at some point someone makes a better version that is a small voyager
    Tigatron - Original Tigatron
    Aiirazor - I don't have one

Megatron - Robotmasters (he's a little small, but he's a good figure)
    Tarantlaus - Original
    Waspinator - CHUG
    Terrorsaur - the red redeco of TM Terrorsaur which was a Beast Machines figure (Sorry I don't remember the name)
    Blackarachnia - Takara legends
    Inferno - Original until something better comes out. He was actually one of my first beast wars figures

Season 2

If they upgraded in Season 2, get the Transmetal version. Just for Megatron, you gotta spend more for the Takara version or you are basically throwing your money down the toilet. it WILL break if you get the US version

Silverbolt - Original
    Quickstrike - Original
    Rampage - Original (but there is a TFCC or Botcon pre Beast Wars Rampage which is a retool of Prime Megatron. I've heard good things)

Season 3

TM2 Cheetor, TM2 Dinobot and TM2 Blackatachnia only really have one option. I have blackarachnia and I kinda hate the figure. Its too big, it is held back by a gimmick.
    Optimal Optimus - Perfect Effect Beast Gorira
    TM2 Megatron - Perfect Effect Megadoragon

I skip Tigerhawk because he was only in like 2 episodes

Beast Machines

Optimus Primal - Blastpunch Optimus Primal
    Cheetor - Universe Night Slash Cheetor (the yellow redeco)
    Blackarachnia and Rattrap - Original
    Nightscream - if you can find the Deluxe KO, it is really good and fits in well
    Skipping Silverbolt since there isn't a good deluxe or voyager BM Silverbolt

Vehicon Generals

I just use the originals

• Like Like x 2
  13. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

14. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    @Zethrofax any interest in the Japanese lines?
    I shot this pic of Tripledacus this morning. He's one I'd highly recommend picking up.
    EGl9g91WkAAChH7.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  15. Zethrofax

Zethrofax G1 Traitor

definitely! I lean towards transmetals but I am beyond interested in all things beast wars and honestly I think I am digging Tripredacus more than magnaboss at this point. The wish list keeps growing haha

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zethrofax

Zethrofax G1 Traitor

awesome, thank you so much. I didnt get to respond last night. Im starting to think beast wars fans are the most helpful and friendly subset of transformers fans

• Like Like x 2
  17. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    And we almost never have arguments about scale! It’s a bunch in here.

Welcome aboard- every figure I would recommend you has already been mentioned but my absolute most favourites (excluding the MPS which are all heavenly) are;
    Originals- Optimus Primal and Megatron, Inferno, Waspinator, One-step Rattrap.
    Transmetals- Tarantulas, Rattrap, Rampage, Depth Charge [every TM is actually amazing]
    Fuzor- Silverbolt.
    Yeah I’m all about the show characters as they’re the ones who’s personas now reside within my own.

18. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Maxicon

But... "small but loud portion..." and "always whining" and all that other stuff you see frickin' everywhere about us...
    I have to say that I feel like if one is establishing in group / out group dynamics... yeah, just like our beloved series compared to its progenitor, what we lack in breadth we make up for in depth.
    I'm not saying they haven't happened, but things I've seen in other realms of this fandom Ive not seen amongst Beasties: adoption of Trukk/Munkky as an actual admonishment instead of just a preference, being enslaved by source material to the point that even "alternate universe" isn't an acceptable justification for a slight variance in a character, and antagonistic/ hostile elitism.

At the risk of upsetting the DHG1 sector... g1 Megs basically came down to being a standard "I want to rule all"... not that different in personality/motivation from Cobra Commander, Skeletor, etc. But BW Megs was going to risk dissolution of the very fabric of time in order to commit genocide... I mean, damn.
    Even in BM, where IMO the characters all got personality jacked, BM Megs STARTED the series having "won" already, and his version of fully conquering Cybertron was basically becoming/replacing [the Matrix/Primus/Allspark]... again, damn.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Axalonark2005

Axalonark2005 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Found some long forgotten paperwork to figures that have been long sold. Before the trash bag, anyone need PM me.
    CB8351C4-6DA9-419B-8A3D-C83B38A1EE2F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zethrofax

Zethrofax G1 Traitor

From my experience over the last few years here it feels like the only real complaint beast wars fans have is a feeling of a lack of representation in newer products. And in general It seems like they are more positive in aggregate when new bw figures are announced than fans of other lines. when any new g1 mp is announced I cant even follow the threads anymore due to the intense vitriol that inevitably crops Regarding , aesthetics, scale and price. anyway, I dont want to be tribalistic and characterize other fans unfairly, but I am at a point in life where I want to embrace positivity and let go of negativity. Life is too short to be mad about things you cant change and I choose to focus on the things that make me happy. And now that happens to be beast wars :) 

• Like Like x 2