Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I didn't know the story behind him. A cheetah coloured Trizor would have been amazing as a post BM Leader. And the head would work as an older wiser Cheetor. That sculpt makes zero sense for Leo Convoy

I never even thought of that. My imagination is going into overdrive. I've often thought about what a post BM cybertron would have looked like and what adventures they would have had. Out of all the Yellow proteges (Various Bumblebees, Hot Shots, Tasmania Kid, whoever else) Cheetor was the only one who actually matures to become a worthy leader.
    *Please Note: My comments come a place of Beast Wars bias and sometimes an ignorance of other TF franchises

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sracsose

Sracsose Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I completely agree. I think one of the best things about BW and BM was the cast stayed relatively small. This let us watch characters' growth over long periods of time (for transformers). We had romances, "hotshots" growing up, and rivalries with actual backstory (depthcharge and rampage for instance).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

So true. Also I think the mystery of not over explaining everything makes it even more engaging. By not jamming all the characters of the toyline into the show (like G1, where Randoms would suddenly turn up like they've been there forever, star in one episode and then fade into the background cast) we got to make our own stories and personalities up for the extras we came across. There could have been other little Beast Wars going on from all the pods. By not explaining exactly what happened to Autobots & Decepticons we can imagine the origins of the Maximals. We know hardly anything of the Cybertronian race at this point. Primal is just a captain of one ship, of which there could be loads. I think the limitations of budget created the opportunity for really great storytelling. For a kid, its like giving you the space to be creative instead of bombarding you with flashing lights and new toys you need to nag your parents for.

I may have a rose tinted view, but I really loved that show

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    I Live IMG_20170209_140700.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  5. PrimeAndPrimal

PrimeAndPrimal Active Member

Nice! I like to think that the eye on the back of the package helped make the experience more delightful. I remember getting Cheetor for Christmas, and when I pulled back the wrapping, that big green eye with the red and black scaled skin printed on the card enticed me to grab: Megs, Primal, and the rest of the crew (with some Geewunn toys, I loved quite a few of them as well! LOL) and prepare for some epic battles all across the house.

Of course, it was Cheetor. Aside from Primal, Megatron, and Silverbolt, he most certainly is among my favorites. And I am loving the look he is sporting in his upcoming Masterpiece version. Waiting with anticipation, nuff said.

• Like Like x 2
  6. PrimeAndPrimal

PrimeAndPrimal Active Member

Yeah, with respect to the issue of proper recognition Beast Wars may not get the praise it deserves, but we can count on Takara Tomy to issue some acknowledgement here and there. I enjoy Hasbro's products, but Takara Tomy wins it hands down when it comes to serving the Transformer community. Not just for the fact that they do pay attention to the Beast saga in the Transformers legacy, but because they most certainly know how to balance the attention and praise for each transformer line with awesome products and fun stories to accompany them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh yeah, that packaging was so eye-catching. I remember going through TRU and seeing all kinds of overdesigned, techy toy packaging then BAM gravitated immediately towards the wall of giant lizard eyes.

8. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Part One (of 4) of GATHERING DARKNESS:

[​IMG]

The untold story of the Tripredacus Council.

9. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Cool, did you draw this?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Verno

News Credits:
    I'm the writer behind the series. MisterJazz is behind the Line Art, and gwydion1982 did the Colours.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sracsose

Sracsose Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The first transformer I ever owned was Air Hammer from the fuzors line. My grandmother picked him up for me and I fell in love with a figure that gave me two animals AND a robot. It honestly didn't even occur to me until years later that this really cool maximal warrior I had and cherished, had no official story. It was all in my head as a kid with a Hawk/Hammerhead shark robot. I miss the craziness of the Beast Wars line.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dinotrap

News Credits:
    Just saw this on Google. Its the upcoming wei jiang mp32 oversized primal. Look at those elbows now. I dont want to be nitpicky but I think takara could have done this in the beginning. If the shoulders fold right down im biting on this :D  anybody else see this yet??
    eP79hcB.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Verno

News Credits:
  14. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I didn't know that character, but he really does make a good Inferno.

Third Party Beast Formers! And so it begins, a new Beast Era... How big will it be if its oversized? Bigger than Voyager Rhinox? I'd be very up for this if its not too big

Cool, quite the talent. Its pretty boss to gather a team who have the same passion, do you guys have a series? I checked the Deviant page, you guys have a ton of storylines planned.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dinotrap

News Credits:
    I Screenshot it @Verno it looks awesome. Hopefully soon we'll hear more :D  Screenshot_2017-02-10-12-34-22.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dinotrap

News Credits:
    Im not too sure. I was looking for a picture I saw of a shadow image of the primal beside mp10 but I cant find it. Ill have another look around

• Like Like x 1
  17. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I remember trying and failing to get Air Hammer. I couldn't really afford a lot of new TFs when I was a kid. I was saving up my monies to get TM Rhinox but got too impatient when I got enough to buy a Basic, I think Fuzors were the only Basic around so I decided on Air Hammer. In England we have this catalogue shop called argos where you kind of buy stuff from a catalogue (in the shop) and then it comes down a conveyor belt from the warehouse. So I paid for a fuzor and when my guy came it turned out to be Noctorro. I wanted to ask if I could change but for some reason I was really shy (maybe the tiller was a cute girl) so I went home with him. I never really liked him though, I think I could only see the Rhinox he could have been, so he ended up turning Predacon. I had a busted up second hand Snapdragon who became maximal though so it all worked out

18. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    But it's not screen accurate.

19. Dinotrap

News Credits:
    I looked on unicron.com and found some useful images to show his elbows.
    BEAST_WARS_1_000-46370-1024-1024-80-wm-left_top-100-Unicroncomwatermarkpng.jpg BEAST_WARS_1_26-46805-1024-1024-80-wm-left_top-100-Unicroncomwatermarkpng.jpg BEAST_WARS_2_033-47334-1024-1024-80-wm-left_top-100-Unicroncomwatermarkpng.jpg BEAST_WARS_2_069-46939-1024-1024-80-wm-left_top-100-Unicroncomwatermarkpng.jpg
    Look at his elbows it looks like its filled??
    eP79hcB.jpg
    Its good to have another option

• Like Like x 2
  20. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

• Like Like x 1