Beast Era (Wars/Machines/etc.) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Snaptrap, Jan 12, 2012.

1. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BW Group 3.jpg BW Group 1.jpg BW Group 2.jpg

I know everyone and their cousin already knew this but... I finally figured out how to use the peg on his back lol. I simultaneously figured out what that transparent thing in Rattrap's forearm was for! (Yes. Yes, I know. I'm very slow sometimes...) :D 

Also, while I'm at it... boy do I ever dislike transforming Generations Rattrap into his beast mode lol. I can never EVER get used to it enough for it to go smoothly. It never quite tabs together fully or tightly. But he looks good!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Power of the Primes voting has begun. Make sure you get behind Optimus Primal!

Function: Maximal Leader, King of the Beast Planet Eukaris

Traits: Courageous, Unconventional

Prime Pledge: Optimus Primal heralds the coming of a new age of beasts. Those who follow him know he will keep fighting no matter how big the odds are against him.

Quote: “True strength is having the courage to trust that sometimes crazy works.”

"Optimus Primal heralds the coming of a new age of beasts." There you go, folks. If you want more Beast Wars updates, the choice is clear.

• Like Like x 4
  3. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Primal in Chaos because he'll make the Geewunners angry and confused if he wins? :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  4. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

It worries me a bit the way he's in Chaos because to me it implies he would be potentially purging "normals" to bring in Maximals and Predacons or the like. There's no indication he wouldn't be villainous, like Star Saber was villainous, and after his potential defeat then lead us right back to vehicles without really throwing BW fans a bone.

5. Verno

News Credits:
    Put your trust in the writers at IDW.

6. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    I didn't vote Primal. I nearly did but the idea of him being a 'Warlord' and suggestion (from the artwork used) that he'd be another season 1 Primal put me off. I went with Thunderwing instead as it would be really nice to see a proper pretender in the generations line, plus I love the character from the old marvel comics.

7. Verno

News Credits:
    It's a real shame the Chaos group has three really interesting choices. I mean, compare it to Honour. What a snooze-fest.

8. Verno

News Credits:
    Never underestimate the power of the Beast Wars fandom. In the first Hall of Fame vote, Dinobot beat Soundwave, Grimlock, Jazz and Shockwave.

9. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Well unknown evil is deathsaurus and I imagine a lot of people including me want him

10. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    yea honor for me was a quick vote for ultra magnus...order was easily star saber but chaos has me debating primal and deathsaurus...deathsaurus because it's about time but primal because i'm intrigued by it.

ultimately i went deathsaurus...i'm thinking of the toys and how much i want a generations star saber and deathsaurus. primal did get such a great mp just a couple months back

11. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I went with Primal. I'm looking at more than just one single toy. I'm looking at the influence of an entire line; and where the main story goes in the comics. We just saw Deathsaurus roll up on the crew members of the Lost Light with an army; and promptly left with still an army. He'll come back around another day. And while I'm enjoying TR; I'm starting to bore of the /masters gimmick. Granted now is as good a time as ever to make some of these Victory characters happen in that format. But beasts should be the next progression. Enough pull for a character that is all about ushering in the beasts; well... That is a no-brainer for me. Takara will make a MP Deathsaurus and I'll be happy picking that up. But for now; I want to dust off the empty CHUG display and prime it for some updated beastformers.

• Like Like x 3
  12. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I will vote Primal no matter what anyway so... Lol. :D 

13. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I voted for Primal to help show that there is a demand for more Beast Wars material.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Verno

News Credits:
    My memory thing on FB today was from 5 years ago. It was a picture of Henkei Cheetor and Dinobot.

15. Verno

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Megs just can't see his Masterpiece anywhere!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

I mean, I love IDW writers, but at the same time, remember when they made the guy who was a huge Japanese leader and icon, one of the most loyal and selfless Autobots ever... into a nutjob religious fanatic killing his own people? Star Saber being turned into an antagonist was actually pretty cool in my opinion, but I don't know if I'd be okay with that for Primal, who is by far more well known than Star Saber to the fandom at large...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Verno

News Credits:
    I can understand your trepidation. But it's one of those situation where we won't know until we try. Either we get Primal in the comics and we just have to deal with how he's portrayed, or we don't get Primal at all. My vote is for putting him in there and see what happens.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

woah

19. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Anybody think we'll get a new ravags toy. The x-9 is so expensive. I always wondered why it was ravage in the picture for the 20th anniversary I really hope we can get a released figure that wont be so exclusive and hard to find let alone at retail price :)  Beast-Wars-20th-Anniversary.jpg

20. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

Oh wait, your serious. I don't speak for everyone, but trust is the last thing I put in the IDW writers. I have seen how they screwed over and completely ignored any prior characterization of characters. I will bet you they will make Primal some sort of "mechano-phobe" who hates non-beast Transformers.