BBTS Masterpiece Soundwave pre-orders

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MartyMcfly160, Dec 28, 2012.

1. MartyMcfly160

MartyMcfly160 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so this is the first time i pre-order from BBTS and i wanted to know from anyone else who does business with them regularly, do they email you before they charge you? or do they even let you know in advance that the orders are going to be filled? i really hope they do because i want to make sure that the funds are in when times comes for charging

2. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    They charge you and then email you. Or maybe at the same time. Either way, you don't get a heads up email from them.

If you preorder with TFSource and select their Pay Later option with Paypal they will send you an email saying it's in stock, and then another email requesting payment. That's one advantage they have over BBTS.

3. MartyMcfly160

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i might have to switch it up and they have a rewards program any ways. . . this not knowing what happening crap pisses me off :\

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    If the funds are not there, they will email you. I had an outdated card with them in the past and they emailed me when it failed to go through.

5. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Go for it. I was just looking around on TFSource and they have it for $10 less than BBTS. And it qualifies for free shipping.

6. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Not to mention their customer service is great and will help you pretty fast if there is a problem.

7. MartyMcfly160

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so the best option to go with would be TFS

8. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I've personally had some problems with BBTS. I cancelled 2 preordered items well before it was released and was still charged for them and had them shipped. When I contacted them (after noticing my card's money was being processed) they told me it was too late. Left a bitter taste in my mouth. Don't think this is too common though,

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Well, generally mass release Takara stuff comes in the last week of each month. It may be a little different with Soundwave since it was delayed.

But like others said, there is no warning, it just comes in and you get charged. I get my CC alerts at about the same time I get the email from BBTS saying that a preorder item is in stock.

10. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm... I'm preordered and cancelled dozens and dozens of items and never had that problem. I love BBTS for the ease of transaction and customer service, but yes, not getting a heads up for preorders is a bit annoying and couple of times made me go "ah fuck, wasn't expecting that", but that's why I use a credit card with them instead of a debit card.

11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Yeah, I haven't seen anybody else have this problem. It pissed me off because it meant I had 2 of the same figures, because the reason I had the preorders cancelled was because they were far, far more expensive at BBTS then the other store.
    Other times preorder cancellation has gone through fine, but I personally do not want to preorder from them again after this incident.