BBTS has pictures & pre-orders for Takara Legends Arcee, Chromia & Windblade

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AllSpark Ferret, Oct 2, 2014.

1. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Wow usually I'm fairly indifferent to the Takara version but these are all fantastic.

2. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'm glad I was able to get Windblade at Long Beach Comic Con last weekend

3. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Well TT nailed it with Windblade. Not sure if I really wanna drop $30 on a deluxe though. Might actually be cheaper to stick with the Hasbro one and wait for the eventual upgrade set from Reprolabels, depending the price.

Likewise, TT nailed it with the slavish G1 toon deco for Arcee. So people that want that, there you go. Me personally I much prefer the Hasbro one. It still evokes G1 Arcee all the way, but the black details look great and makes her look updated, modernized, new? Not sure what the word I'm looking for there.

Chromia...looks neither better nor worse, just different. I like the blue canopy though. Speaking of the canopy, if it's not too hard to get it open, I'd love to see Reprolabels do a transparent smokey gray decal and a transparent blue one to apply on the inside of the canopy of Hasbro Chromia.

4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll stick with Hasbro for Arcee and Chromia.
    But I have to get both versions of Windblade.

5. C310 Ginrai

C310 Ginrai Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know the approximate JPN retail price for these? May try to catch a preorder at a Japanese retailer instead.

But Windblade looks great, at least in Jet mode.
    rcee looks accurate to the cartoon iirc

6. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    No Japanese retailers have put them up for sale yet.

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Windblade, as covered by others, looks great.

Arcee looks solid; I can understand missing the black from the Hasbro release, but I appreciate the more cartoon accurate look, so I think I'll roll with that one.

Chromia is the one I'm split on. I like the look of Takara's...but this version is very much a "IDW" Chromia vs a generic G1 Chromia, and Hasbro has a more accurate comic deco vs Takara more G1 cartoon approach. Maybe I'll just double-dip, if I actually see a Chromia at retail sometime in the future.

8. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    No.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know nothing about how Windblade is SUPPOSED to look (haven't read the comic), but I will say that I like the TakTom deco more. As for Arcee and Chromia, these are much better as well, but I'll pry still buy the Hasbro ones once I see them.

10. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.

IIRC the prices for the other Deluxes in the line are 2800 Yen (which is about $27). Some Japanese retailers offer a percentage off too, putting them more around $22 or $25 before shipping.

Randy

11. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. Flat out stated by designers, multiple times, and usually the first thing to be cut in Hasbro products.

Also Japan is just more expensive in general.

12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    It is great that Takara is offering cartoon accurate arcee and comic accurate windblade. As for chromia, sorry don't know, but is takara or hasbro color accurate?

Anyways, after much thought, and looking at my windblade last night, I have decided to only get the Hasbro fembots. Windblade is maybe the one I would most like to double dip (and not instead), but i dont think I wanna spend the extra 30$ over a local purchase when I really love the hasbro one and am doing some repaints myself.

As for the other 2, well, although I prefer the likely nicer pink and white neck on takara, i just prefer how hasbro broke up the colors. Looks great to me.
    . As for chromia, yes the alt mode on takara looks better, but just don't like the lilac details.

Anyways, i think most will be pleased with the offering from either hasbro or takara, and in my case, I say thanks to Hasbro, this is your best year yet (as well as the one you made generation springer and rid arcee).

13. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

2000 yen is currently $18.35 USD. Hasbro Rattrap is $20 from BBTS. I don't know what you're talking about.

14. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Just adding depending on the exchange rate that price can actually be even lower. A quick check of hlj's listing for Tankor has him at $20 and change.

Don't really have interest in Windblade or Chromia, but I'm kind of tempted to pre-order Arcee once she pops up on HLJ. It's not a drastic difference like usual, but the small differences has me leaning slightly more towards Takara's.

15. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Takara's is more accurate to her cartoon colors. Hasbro's is more accurate to her IDW comic colors (or to put it one way the IDW colors are likely based on the Hasbro toy).

So both are accurate, just to different depictions.

Randy

16. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    ok, good to know, thanks

17. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Holy Celestia Yes!
    I love the new colors on all 3! The gray on Arcee is SO much better, Winblade's neew face and nosecone is BEAUTIFUL! And Chromia is just.... *Drools

I need these so much.

18. TheArtGD

TheArtGD Member

Definitely looking forward to these Takara versions of Windblade, Arcee and Chromia. Much better paint apps especially Windblade's more comic accurate face.

19. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

You know for those of you saying the Takara Black Thighs are more accurate I noticed that both Takara and Hasbro seem Accurate apparently. In some of the comics (I'm guessing the Windblade originals) she seems to have the Black thighs. In the Dark Cybertron? Series she seems to have the Red thighs... So both are kind accurate then?

20. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Im 90% sold on Windblade. Ill wait till the final pics.