BBTS has pictures & pre-orders for Takara Legends Arcee, Chromia & Windblade

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AllSpark Ferret, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    EVERYTHING costs more in Japan. Look at the prices of groceries, utilities, and living. The wages are also significantly higher. THAT's why the figures are more expensive in Japan than in the USA.

LEGO is more expensive in Denmark (its home country) than in Germany for those same reasons.

2. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    This is partly due to demand of the figure, but yeah. Sometimes they're prices are MSRP.

These things retail for 2800 Yen in Japan, which as of right now is roughly $27. So BBTS' $29 isn't too unreasonable considering they obviously purchase it for less than the MSRP through their distributor but do have to actually make money on it. :) 

Randy

4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I'll admit I didn't know that they were that expensive.

But nonetheless, as someone who trades JPY daily, I would probably over-explain or derail this thread as to why things in Japan are more expensive. It does make sense to me why I'm paying $30 vs $15 (I'll be honest here, too, I've never bought a figure at a local store so not sure what US retail is) without "eating the bullshit".

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm all mixed feeling on these. I think Chromia works out the best overall compared to Hasbro. Arcee is way more media-accurate, but I can see why the black is there on the Hasbro, as all white and pastel pink comes off faded and boring. Windblade is a toss-up to me. Takara's paint job is more elaborate, especially in vehicle mode, but it doesn't make the Hasbro look worse by comparison. Translates to 'buy the less pricey versions' for me.

(IMO of course, I'm one of those where if something looks prettier to me, screw media accuracy)

6. AoE

AoE OUR WORLDS ARE IN DANGER

News Credits:
    Weird, I would've expected Japan to ignore comic accuracy and instead they go for full accuracy on Windblade.

7. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally! I've been waiting a long time for these pics. Arcee looks as good as I could expect. Takara even gave her lipstick! :D  I'm surprised how well Windblade turned out. The extra red makes her look far more vibrant than Hasbro's version ever did. I know who's getting my money for these fembots....

8. Cerberus

Cerberus Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    Windblade preordered!
    japan tend to apply accuracy on the figures, so why people are that surprised they did that with Windblade, its not like she has another kind of media appareances, the comics is the only one?
    I mean, yeah they dont have the comics right now (but yet again, with the internet nowadays, who couldnt?) they didnt have beast wars at first too, and yet they made more accurate figures than what hasbro did...

9. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not worth the $90 when you can get the Hasbro ones for $40.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well it's still too early to judge Takara's Legends fembots since the pics are rather blurry.

Arcee and Chromia look kind of bland, nothing about them really shines better than the Hasbro version.

Windblade though appears to be a huge improvement. I don't know if I will get the Takara version or not, I probably will end up caving early and get the Hasbro version.

11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Takara Windblade.... blew me away (pun intended). :D  Arcee and Chromia are decent; Chromia an improvement over the Hasbro deco but Arcee only has marginal difference over her Hasbro version.

I already have two Hasbro Windblades but I may simply repaint them into her sisters or something.

12. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

So I only meant to preorder Windblade and pay later but I guess my smart phone had other ideas. She doesn't release until next year but hey, she's paid for :lol 

13. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woot, pink bikini back on Arcee. God Bless the Japanese and their love of sexy female robots among other things.

14. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    yeah, these blow the hazblow versions way the f out of the water. so glad I skipped importing these gals & decided to wait on the local versions.

15. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galaxy of Rust, please stop polluting threads with your literay vomit.

You dont't seem to understand that paint apps are the most expensive part of a TF toy, and that Japan is a much more collectors oriented market, those two combined explaining a big chunk of the increases cost compared to Hasbro product. Instead you attack other fans, saying that they're somehow buying anything that's dangling in front of them.

Just buy the fricking Takara Arcee and be done with all your ranting, seriously.

16. Ramdomaccess

Ramdomaccess Give drift a sword sword

Also I like the black details on the Hasbro arcee the takara version just looks too white I know it is more g1 cartoon. Hmm these recent takara releases have been apples to oranges with Hasbro release

17. Keldroc

Keldroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Off topic, but are those photos flipped or do you intentionally make all of your display bots left-handed?

18. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I just display them in a way that looks good to me, that's all.

19. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No shit. Ordering Gen. Rattrap from BBTS costs twenty bucks. Ordering Legends Rattrap from Anime Export costs two THOUSAND yen! Talk about pricey.

20. froggy124

froggy124 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ahh PowerdConvoy, always a voice of reason. Hats off to you good Sir for being so calm and polite in your explanation.

Another example was the AM series for the Takara version of the Prime line. Hardly any paint but instead we got stickers. That dropped the retail price by about 1000yen. So paint apps, quality and quantity do matter.
    I work for a manufatcturer in Japan, not a toy company but same principle, and I can tell you that color/quality of paint DOES matter when it comes to production.

These do look very good by the way, too bad we have to wait so long after Hasbro has released their versions.