BBTS has pictures & pre-orders for Takara Legends Arcee, Chromia & Windblade

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AllSpark Ferret, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I'm really torn on these. Windblade is a huge improvement but I have 0 attachment to the character. Chromia is better, but I'm not feeling the purple wheels and face (too dark, IMO). Arcee does some things better but I miss some of Hasbro's detailing.

Damndamndamn. What to do? Get both?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Windblade looks a lot better since she has her more IDW accurate deco. :D  I might get her over the Hasbro version. Arcee looks nice in her G1 show colours and Chromia looks nice too but it's not IDW accurate.

3. thewiredknight

thewiredknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I'll definetly be picking up Windblade, the fact that her alt mode colors are so off in the US release has bugged me since we saw the figure.

4. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    May I suggest getting the comic for attachment to Windblade ;) . That may change things. That's what I am doing. The toy is very beautiful in bot mode(Hasbro one), especially if you have a stand, and very worth it, but don't expect nice engineering or too much fun playing with her. I really love her, she stands proud with my 3rd parties, and am ok with the alt mode, but understand her limitations. I suggest if you can get it locally, from Walmart or Target, then do so, and see how you feel about it, and then decide if you keep it, and if you want the Takara one instead / or in addition. I might get the Takara one as well eventually, but definitely still love my Hasbro ones.

For Arcee, watch the video review (from Pax) on the Hasbro one to see if you like that one or not, and then see if you want both, or just Takara, or neither. I think I will stick with the Hasbro one, but may change my mind and double dip for Takara too. See link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAxUyOxaTlY

For Chromia, I feel the same way, don't like the lilac colors in there.... Since both versions have their faults, i will get the Hasbro one and add some paint details myself, which will be cheaper, but if i am to be honest, the Takara one has the better alt mode and base to change starting colors (ie i would just color over the lilac / purple).

5. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    I was initially impressed with the Hasbro Arcee, but then the more I saw it, the more I hated it to the point I was gonna pass on her. Takara has rekindled my excitement for her *preordered*

6. Sammael

News Credits:
    I've read the comic, and it has done absolutely nothing to make me like her more. Nautica from MTMTE is an example of a great new character, Windblade is... childish, bigoted... and a hypocrite.

7. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Oh crap..... well, i am still getting the comic in a few weeks when the complete set is available!!! I started reading it, and really loved it alot, and cant wait to go through the whole story. Also, i met the lady who draws her at TFCon, and the concept is very cool to me. And although i have no real attachment (compared to G1 that is), i find she is VERY beautiful toy. But your mileage may vary...

I am waiting on some blowout sales to pick a few more up for repainting them.

See below pics i took. This 17$ figure really stands proud along with my expensive 3rd party toys, as she looks fantastic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but how is Windblade a hypocrite? Her character may be flawed and naive but any other flaws she may have being a hypocrite isn't what comes to my mind.

9. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Although much more accurate, this Arcee is very bland and boring looking. I actually liked the black on the Hasbro figure. Hasbro Chromia looks much better to me and well... I could care less on Windblade.

10. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Pre-Ordered all 3. :D 

11. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I had a feeling the TakTomy Arcee would look much more like the cartoon.

That's so bought. I hate the black on the feet of the Hasbro one. I don't mind it on the rest of the figure, but the black fee look like tap dancing shoes to me.

12. Sammael

News Credits:
    The conclusion of the comic (when it's revealed who the terrorist is) makes her a hypocrite.

13. TerminusTypeR

TerminusTypeR Girl robot nerd

News Credits:
    Welp, I guess I'm getting Takara Windblade too. She looks really nice. Might bite on Chromia too, but, not sure yet...

14. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    For me, the only black that i don't like is the neck and the hands, it is distracting, and i may end up painting it white. I actually like the rest ;) . But yes, Takara is G1 colors!!!

15. Galaxy Of Rust

Galaxy Of Rust Banned

I knew this would happen. In order to get the good Arcee I have to pay double. Not sure I want to bother with this fucking hobby anymore. It just pisses me off constantly. No fun anymore, just a never ending bottomless money pit.

Is there an actual reason why Japan has to charge double or triple for everything? It's the same fucking item, just in different colors.

16. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    You knew that going into this hobby so don't complain :p 

Part of it is that the figures are marketed towards adults and are actually considered collectibles. The other reason is that US retailers have cover import fees, etc and still make a profit.

17. Galaxy Of Rust

Galaxy Of Rust Banned

I went into this hobby back in 1977 when I was 4 years old (Star Wars). Didn't have any of this bullshit to deal with back then. No ebay, no scalpers, no aftermarket, no greed, no gouging.

I will NEVER stop complaining about the prices. NEVER!!!

Japan charges more for everything *before* importing. Stop defending them, don't eat the bullshit!

That's the problem with toy collectors, they can pull any old number out of their ass & you will support them & pay it. Never asking where these numbers came from. How did they come up with that price? Did they just make it up off the top of their head or is there real hard data behind it?

You ever wonder why the same item has such a big price difference between countries? Why does Japan need to charge so much more for the same chunk of plastic? Seeing as how all the toys are made in the same factory over in Hong Kong or wherever why does the same item become so much higher in Japan? Is Takara paying more to have them produced for some reason? Is the factory charging Japan more for each figure than they charge America? WTF???

18. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Isnt she your favorite character though? Just think of it as treating yourself once a year (or 2 or 3) as a special gift to yourself which you deserve. I think you will love this one, and it's been a long time you've (and the rest of us) been wanting her, and you deserve it.

So don't think about it, just CLICK IT (pre-order from BBTS). And yes, I do have a lot of shares in BBTS and will benefit from it too ;) . j/k

Here is the link, GO NOW, and DO IT, you owe this to yourself:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11971&mode=retail

19. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Different markets and collector mentality between the two. Japan has always charged more for the figures. Sometimes they do things to help warrant the cost like more elaborate decos or packaging. This figure's deco is likely more elaborate (though subtle) than Hasbro's. The packaging is probably more expensive too.

Now does that warrant 2x the price? No it doesn't. But Deluxes have always been at least $20 in Japan and with escalating prices they've only gone up since.

Figure it this way, the figure would never be painted this way from Hasbro at the $13 - $15 price. So we're lucky (as it were) in this fandom that we get an opportunity to purchase two different versions of essentially the same character and figure because both Hasbro and Takara do one for their market. Granted it's up to the individual what they want to buy, but I like that we have two different takes on the same premise. :) 

Randy

20. Dev1160

Dev1160 A.K.A. DevastaTTor

I'm in for Arcee and maybe Windblade. Those paint apps are looking good and considering how long we've waited for an official classics Arcee, I'll splurge.